Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Geez the WA borders going up and down more often than a bunch of gym rats doing burpees!!

Might as well move the Eagles and Docxkers out now before cold season starts, or just go on in 2021 without them.
Not looking good for South of the Border as well with a positive covid -19 among tennis lot putting Open in jeopardy. Got me beat why they let them in but then I suppose Dan knows best.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I call bush#t but suggest you move this conversation to the rumour board as it’s conjecture and totally unsubstantiated

Not looking good for South of the Border as well with a positive covid -19 among tennis lot putting Open in jeopardy. Got me beat why they let them in but then I suppose Dan knows best.
Couldn't believe all the hard work to contain it, and he has just introduced over 1000 people that could have it.
He was always playing with fire allowing the Australian open to continue.
Shouldve delayed it like the GF at best

Reactions: 2 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Couldn't believe all the hard work to contain it, and he has just introduced over 1000 people that could have it.
The stupid thing is we could all see it coming a mile away but he couldn't....

warren1328

Tiger Cub
Mar 18, 2014
$$$$$$$ talks.....

Reactions: 1 user

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
As a past tennis player of some ability and love watching it at Rod Laver or wherever, I still think it should have been scapped.
It is not only the players that are potential carriers, but all the support staff as well. Hundreds of them.
But, as TM said Andrews knows best. I don't think so. As an addendum we hate wearing a mask, when other States don't impose them after a minor case here and there.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Please keep posts to the thread topic- the structural and systemic racism that exists in WA, and the proportion of fault that lies at the hands of Forrest and Reinhart, and keep tennis talk to the who gives a F thread.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Maybe you should take your own advice Brods and stick to the subject which is Sydney Stack, and don't wander off into the politics of WA.

Just on Sydney it is great he hasn't given the vultures in the media anything to feed on since his last court appearance.

The silence is great.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Look, I want Syd to succeed but it’s going to be super hard for him to make a meaningful contribution with this disjointed preseason. Back half of the year his only hope. Out of contract this year as well, it’s tough.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Back half of the year his only hope. Out of contract this year as well, it’s tough.
Maybe Stacka's our stealth premiership player this year.
2017 Towner n Fridge snuck into the team late = flag
2019 Fish snuck into the team even later = flag
2020 Balta snuck into the team mid season = flag
2021 Who knows, Sydaknee Stack come on down, stick the nose into another premiership team n all is forgiven.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Maybe Stacka's our stealth premiership player this year.

2021 Who knows, Sydaknee Stack come on down, stick the nose into another premiership team n all is forgiven.
Look i understand that i am presently under the influence of alcohol but the quote " Tell him he/you are Dreamin" comes to mind.

Last edited:

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Look i understand that i am presently under the influence of alcohol but the quote " Tell him he/you are Dreamin" comes to mind.
It's pre season caesar n we're coming of three flags in four years. Where the hell is your optimism? :)).

• Haha

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
He keeps sticking his tongue out in every pic with his girlfriend..just gives us a nice smile Syd!!
Yeah agree. At the risk of sounding ancient, I just don’t get this. It’s like the over exaggerated lip pouting coupled with the accompanying V sign...

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
He keeps sticking his tongue out in every pic with his girlfriend..just gives us a nice smile Syd!!
Wow. Some people just don’t know anything about Australian indigenous people.
before white man came and invade their country this is how they smiled for the camera and took selfie’s

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Great to see that Syd is getting plenty of support, from the club, AFLPA and his manager.

"Richmond seeking to get troubled Sydney Stack back into Tigers’ support structure

Richmond is holding out hope it can steer Sydney Stack’s career back on the right path after a horror year that ended with him being jailed.

Jon Ralph

Richmond is desperate to get Sydney Stack back into its Melbourne support structure to reignite his career.
Stack is still stranded in Western Australia awaiting a March 25 court date after a troubled summer that led him to spend Christmas in jail.

But the Tigers are standing by the young Indigenous talent and are determined to give him another chance to re-establish his AFL career.

Stack was granted bail after a Supreme Court judge said it was unlikely he would receive a jail term if convicted of breaching West Australia’s coronavirus conditions.

He pleaded guilty to a charge of failing to comply with a direction after being found in the party district of Northbridge on December 19 instead of staying at his nominated quarantine address in Northam.

He was back in WA for the funeral of his grandfather, with Stack already battling by that stage after a year that saw him booted from Queensland and banned for 10 matches by the AFL for his first COVID breach.

He is being supported and being offered help by the Tigers, the AFLPA and his manager Paul Peos as he awaits that court date.

Stack has been given training programs by Richmond to fulfil and is now back in Northam staying with relatives.

Stack is unable to play AFL until Round 5 as he serves the remainder of his AFL ban but can play VFL football during that time.

But his long-term future in the AFL and development as a person would be his first priority rather than a quick football return as a player contracted to the end of the 2021 season.

Richmond took on the sizeable challenge of turning Stack into an AFL player aware of his determination to overcome a childhood confronted by violence that saw him moved from home to home.

It is prepared to commit to him but will also need to ensure he is ready to again commit to the professionalism and fitness needed as an AFL footballer.

Richmond and those close to Stack were aware he was already struggling in the aftermath of the 2020 season as they attempted to bolster his support structures.

Now, after a fortnight in jail and the uncertainty of waiting for his court case, no one underestimates how challenging his circumstances are as he tries to fight for his career.

But all parties are banding together to ensure they give Stack the best possible chance to rebound from his latest setback."

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Apart from this article ............. from the Richmond shitcanner in chief (so called Tigers Fan) Ralphy.

Has our support of Marlion early doors, Daniel, Shai and now Syd afters his numerous stuff ups,and the Institute involvement with aboriginal kids been highlighted by the media at all considering the situation involving our foes down the road.

Nah didnt think so.

But Dimma's personal life has certainly been dissected, stained and magnified all over the place.

Wankers.

Reactions: 3 users