Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
I will always remember his 2019 Dreamtime game and the way he led the ceremony before the game. The joy and pride was something to see.
The way he plays is such a joy to watch but he has been so far off the rails it is very difficult to see how we will see it again in the black and yellow.
Stacky is still serving a penalty with 3 weeks to go. From that point if not before, he is just a young player finding his way. No need for pity. No need to focus on his past.
Just a young player who has shown enormous promise making his way.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Wonder if his girlfriend has traveled down with him?
Could help the young colt settle in the stalls
Fremantle AFLW side playing in finals so she probably won't be available to travel to Melbourne for a couple of weeks

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I dont understand why people think hes a write off this year.

the grand final is 6 months away.

Why cants an injury free 20 year old get fit in 6 months,

following the normal process?

6 week preseason, 6 VFL games leaves 3 more months.

Im a bit confused? has he presented looking like Stewy Dew or Kate Moss?

He didn't manage to get fit last year even in the hub. Hope I'm wrong but can't see it happening.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Stacky is still serving a penalty with 3 weeks to go. From that point if not before, he is just a young player finding his way. No need for pity. No need to focus on his past.
Just a young player who has shown enormous promise making his way.
Not much would please me more than seeing him at the 2019 mid season best again. I haven’t enjoyed a young player coming into our team as much as that for a long time, maybe back to Dusty

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I still think Stack has played his best footy at half back and as we sit here now with him obviously well of AFL match fit , I believe he is our best replacement for our old half back champ Houli , Bacher has long been the player with no obvious replacement coming through. Still a long shot to even get back in the AFL, however there’s a great opportunity coming for Syd if he works bloody hard.

Reactions: 8 users

Gazmatron

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2013
I still think Stack has played his best footy at half back and as we sit here now with him obviously well of AFL match fit , I believe he is our best replacement for our old half back champ Houli , Bacher has long been the player with no obvious replacement coming through. Still a long shot to even get back in the AFL, however there’s a great opportunity coming for Syd if he works bloody hard.
A better option than the Eggman for the position

Reactions: 2 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
I understand he is starting a long way back for Stackman
Some injuries along the way may open up some potential doors for him - it's a long season
He's going to have work and train damn hard
But if he wants it badly then there may be some chance he could be somewhat of an X-factor later in the season.
I am so wanting him to succeed, to get the drive and hunger back, the desire to be a damn good footy player AND to be happy within himself.

Reactions: 5 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Just saw a snippet from the news of Sydney stopped at the water station at training today.
He looked quite trim.
Were some on here saying he looked like he had been in a good paddock?
How far off would he be realistically?

Reactions: 1 user

tigerfan1961

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 25, 2004
Just saw a snippet from the news of Sydney stopped at the water station at training today.
He looked quite trim.
Saw the same thing and agree with you, he physically looked decent
it’s all about his endurance and fitness now, and I’d imagine he’d build that up fairly quickly, as Peter Burge is as good as there is when it comes to managing players fitness.
Will be great when he gets to the required level, and he will imo

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
He looked quite trim.

I reckon he'd be about as far off,

as Rhyan Mansell realistically was last week