Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Baring injury, Syds situation is actually very simple, he does the extremely hard yards he’ll be part of our best 22 and definitely make us a better side, could be our best small back or forward , if he dosent do it now, it’s all over

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I’ll wait until we stop winning Premierships before I tell that hack Hardwick that he ruined Stacks career by moving him forward.
Reckon he’s a potential AA defender and still can’t work out why he was moved forward mid season.
It was to fit Short back in. St Kilda game at the Dump, Short's first game back from the elbow, Stack's first game up forward, kicks 4 goals.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
It was to fit Short back in. St Kilda game at the Dump, Short's first game back from the elbow, Stack's first game up forward, kicks 4 goals.
So what you are saying we need 2 Stacks! One up forward and another down back.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Why stop at 2?

I reckon he was great up forward.
Dimma doesn’t want creative forwards.
He wants role players who chase, tackle and close down space.
Stack has too much natural flair for that.
Nothing better than watching him collect it at half back, side step two players, giving it off and collecting the receive and hitting Jack on the tit.

Reactions: 4 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Dimma doesn’t want creative forwards.
He wants role players who chase, tackle and close down space.
Stack has too much natural flair for that.
Nothing better than watching him collect it at half back, side step two players, giving it off and collecting the receive and hitting Jack on the tit.

And if he plays defense against the Swans we might just get to see Stack on the Mills

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
It’s also worth mentioning that from the Saints game onward, our opponents only averaged around 60pts a game against us for the rest of the season. Whatever Hardwick and co did to the backline (including shifting Stack forward) worked a treat.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
All depends on how hard he works to get back to where he was. If he can do that, can still contribute this year.
In professional sport I find it hard it perplexing that a player can goof off his training.
When we say fit for SS we are thinking endurance, recovery is where he was lacking?
Can every AFL talented player reach the required level even if they put in extra training?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Can every AFL talented player reach the required level even if they put in extra training?

good question. I think there are some players who sneak into the system, and dont have the physiology for the top level.

Ben Lennon a prime example IMO. Probably Will Brodie another?

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I’ll wait until we stop winning Premierships before I tell that hack Hardwick that he ruined Stacks career by moving him forward.
Reckon he’s a potential AA defender and still can’t work out why he was moved forward mid season.
A fit and in form Stacky is good anywhere.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
do we know what's wrong with his life?

I dont suppose Mrs Hardwicks up for the foster mother role anymore?

People can talk all about talent and fitness but it is all about if Syd can get his life in order.

Quotes from Dimma just a couple of days ago:

"We're really excited about what he can become ... what we're looking for from Sydney is to get the consistency in his life that allows him to play the game at the very highest level

"The ability's no question - he's got it - he's just got to make sure he continues to invest in himself
about what his life looks like."

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
People can talk all about talent and fitness but it is all about if Syd can get his life in order.

Quotes from Dimma just a couple of days ago:

"We're really excited about what he can become ... what we're looking for from Sydney is to get the consistency in his life that allows him to play the game at the very highest level

"The ability's no question - he's got it - he's just got to make sure he continues to invest in himself
about what his life looks like."

hands up whose life is in order?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Mine is. My wife is a total control freak!

She puts Neil Craig to shame!

yeah well,

I have to remind Mrs.EzY quite regularly,

that my life is in pretty good working order on the inside

(my tractor just blew a hydraulic hose while I was slashing, bathing me in oil, to which Setaria seed stuck to every square cm of my skin and clothes. To say I look like an oily dripping lamington, doesn't really capture the (perpetual) disorder of my external life right now)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users