Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
In 2019 he played with a chip on his shoulder so big an angry swarm of mad seagulls couldn’t remove.

Has he lost his chip?
Yep cos he proved himself and I think he was somewhat happy with his new found status and thought he'd made it.

2019 Stack was essential stuff he was amazing.

2019 Syd IS the player we need back this year he gives us even more skill, a harder edge and flexibility.

I really loved what he brought to the Tigers in 2019 a touch of swag, energy and a gifted kid who walked the walk.

He hardly lost a contest.

He was one of an essential few that significantly impacted and helped keep our season alive in that first half of the year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011
Its his 21st birthday day.
But he still looks like he hasn't grown up yet.
No wonder no club besides us picked him up.
He needs to stop with the Instagram shiit and pull his finger out otherwise his short career will be over in October.
I'm 54 and still haven't grown up, it does take a few off us a little extra time.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Its his 21st birthday day.
But he still looks like he hasn't grown up yet.
No wonder no club besides us picked him up.
He needs to stop with the Instagram shiit and pull his finger out otherwise his short career will be over in October.
21st Birthday.
Got completely and utterly wasted? Tick
Drove drunk? Tick
Crashed car? Tick
Puked on self? Tick
Ignoring the issue of plastering himself all over social media I'd say Stack's behaviour was pretty well exemplary.
All he's got to do now is get himself fitter and let his football do the talking (if that's what he really wants).

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Our Stackman is only a fortnight to a month away on todays VFL showing.

hes got the fire back too. hit the ground running after a ripper H&S, and got up from a blue laughing.

kicked a neat goal in the last, when the haters reckon he should be well and truly out of petrol.

just went back and slotted it from a 45.

hes bouncing around like hes better than everyone else, which he is.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Our Stackman is only a fortnight to a month away on todays VFL showing.

hes got the fire back too. hit the ground running after a ripper H&S, and got up from a blue laughing.

kicked a neat goal in the last, when the haters reckon he should be well and truly out of petrol.

just went back and slotted it from a 45.

hes bouncing around like hes better than everyone else, which he is.
I were at our VFL game today with TazTiger and Tigers Of Old where the boys were smashed by 80 points. Syd was pretty close to our best and even more pleasing tried his guts out all day so promising signs.

Reactions: 11 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
All he needs to show is that he can run oit games. We all know he can play.

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
We are a better side with a fit and firing Stack. He has elite skills and is as hard as a cats head. I hope that 2021 becomes his redemption story and that he plays in a Tigers premiership team.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Usually it’s not worthwhile to make excuses for someone, but the pandemic has been a major, crazy factor in disrupting Sydney’s inspiring rise after only 12 months in the system.

If he‘s able to build a long and successful career, he‘ll positively impact the lives of many other young men in a similar position to him, and as he gets older he’ll increasingly appreciate how powerful and fulfilling such an influence can be. I believe it’s firmly in the roots of human nature to do so.

It’s amazing he’s near the selection frame after only 2 months of training. He’ll develop an incredible resilience in his mind if he this doesn’t stop him.

Reactions: 5 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Not just a case of physical fitness. He needs to get back in a similar headspace as 2019 when he was desperate to prove himself and was taking the game on. All that was absent last year. Wait and see.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Not just a case of physical fitness. He needs to get back in a similar headspace as 2019 when he was desperate to prove himself and was taking the game on. All that was absent last year. Wait and see.
He couldn't get from contest to contest and was going to ground way too easily - clear sign of lack of fitness and core strength. Don't think Stackman lacks confidence.

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
He couldn't get from contest to contest and was going to ground way too easily - clear sign of lack of fitness and core strength. Don't think Stackman lacks confidence.
His moves in 2019 were instinctive. Since then he's experienced many distractions. If footy has become hard work, it may not be possible to get back to where he was. Anyway they will pick him when he's ready.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I thought the knocks on him last year were overstated. He wasn't his dynamic '19 self but he wasn't bad, and it was his second year.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Just watching the Bolton highlights and thinking Stackman can be just as good if he worked as hard as Shai. Would be amazing.

You can see the muscle and strength Shai has built in his hips and legs, and it's an area Stackman needs to work on.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I thought the knocks on him last year were overstated. He wasn't his dynamic '19 self but he wasn't bad, and it was his second year.

yep.

for most players its damn 2nd year blues, hell be right

for Stackman, it was a sudden onset severe personality deficiency beyond any hope of redemption that made Harley Bennell look like Sam Mitchell,

cause the bloke couldn't quite attain the consistency to stay in a back to back premiership side.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The biggest wildcard in the entire AFL.

yes.

we all know he is capable of getting, if not likely to get, the runner-up Norm Smith.

and those blokes very rarely start the year in the 2's,

let alone jail.

I am so excited for when Marlion - Stack - Melee - MRJ - $hai - Sheds - Danny start in the one side.