Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Whilst I wouldn’t say weakest link by any means (great game) I was impressed with Rioli and Mansells games as well.
Sydney is a much classier player than mansell by a mile, but mansell is nice meat and potatoes with Dan much improved in his work rate.
Syd’s a much better player than Mansell, more versatile than Mansell. Mansell goes in hard, but he reminds me very much of Steve Morris.

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Did you see him dancing on the boundary line when he was hemmed in by a couple of opposition players.
Sublime footwork. Can’t teach that

Tigeronprowl

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dec 30, 2002
Without Dusty now we need Syd to reach Andrew Mcleod's 1997 type form running off the half back flank to win this years premiership. Can be done. Has the ability if he gets his fitness right.

Reactions: 2 users

mj72

Tiger Rookie
Jun 21, 2004
punt road
More important now than ever. Can add something special, not Dusty....not even close, but keep Syd and Nank on the field and we can mess with some teams. Not winning it but I'd like to be a nuisance and start again 2022

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
We have one freak in Dusty, another in Bolton who is closing in on that status.

Syd has the potential to reach that level. He is good over head, has good pace, great vision, and his hand and foot skills are very good.

Reach for the stars Syd.

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Fingers crossed he has woken up and knows he belongs.
His kicking inside 50 made me cry.
We finally have someone who has penetration in kicking.
I had him behind Nakas Riewodlt for our best.
He was really good

Reactions: 6 users

rioli82

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 28, 2004
A woman in Perth has been charged and is due to appear in court for going clubbing whilst she should have been in hotel quarantine. Let’s see if she is sent to jail similar to Stacky’s sentencing.
I bet she doesn’t.

Reactions: 6 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I’d love to see him be more aggressive with his decision making, especially if in our offensive half. He is a very good kick, and reckon he’d be only just behind Balta in distance carried. He was about 60-70 out a couple of times I’d love to see him play on and have a shot in those instances. Take on the man on the mark Syd.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
I’d love to see him be more aggressive with his decision making, especially if in our offensive half. He is a very good kick, and reckon he’d be only just behind Balta in distance carried. He was about 60-70 out a couple of times I’d love to see him play on and have a shot in those instances. Take on the man on the mark Syd.
His passing into 50 is sublime. I don't mind him finding an option in a better position (if available).

• Love

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
What about his kick that drew Shai to the ball at the top of the goal square. Reminded me of the way I used to send it in: identify the dangerous space advantage side of your teammate and punch it in low and quick. Unstoppable. We should probably train it.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
What about his kick that drew Shai to the ball at the top of the goal square. Reminded me of the way I used to send it in: identify the dangerous space advantage side of your teammate and punch it in low and quick. Unstoppable. We should probably train it.
I've no doubt, bedsheets, that your memory is as good as mine when I remember my young days as a half forward flanker (skinny) and sending the pill into the forwards as quickly as I could get rid of it due to the threat of big Terry, the 95kg, 5'8" local butcher's apprentice bearing down on me with murder in his eyes and hands designed to tear spines out of lamb carcasses grasping for my throat.

(Sydney's kick was very good)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Agree, mostly. Certainly Syd should go for it; Short does and always scores behinds, or telegraphs what he is up to so obviously that the opp prevent him from even making the distance with a turnover kick.
However, really doubt he gets near Noah's distance; very few in the league kick it that well consistently.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
You were an amazing table tennis player

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
No worries Corey Ellis :))

• Haha

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I've no doubt, bedsheets, that your memory is as good as mine when I remember my young days as a half forward flanker (skinny) and sending the pill into the forwards as quickly as I could get rid of it due to the threat of big Terry, the 95kg, 5'8" local butcher's apprentice bearing down on me with murder in his eyes and hands designed to tear spines out of lamb carcasses grasping for my throat.
Sounds very similar to my lack of poise on the field. Always ended up on some angry plumber with neck tattoos and hands like meat cleavers. Would try and engage them in small talk like “I’m a Taurus what star sign are you?” but it rarely worked.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

(Sydney's kick was very good)
Try being a 191cm/75kg 17-year-old CHF/change ruck. Lucky I could run!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Club needs to sign this kid.
Really good signs last week and is capable of becoming a star.
Sign him up