Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
For the sake of his mental health, Stacky should stop listing to Kane Cornes.

Exactly, or at least someone explain to him how his opinions are fake so he can play along. It annoys me that this got back to Syd and he had to respond.

Cornes tests his opinions on radio, listens to caller reactions, and crafts his message the best possible way to write an article or speak on a TV show later in the week.

He's just a carnival barker trying to get people through the door. By speaking to the 17 other clubs, he's always speaking to a wider audience.

A Collingwood support tunes in to listen to him tear down a Carlton player or the Essendon culture. A Collingwood supporter doesn't want to hear accurate reporting about a Fremantle player or the GWS culture. They just want to think every other clubs sucks and their club is the best.

That's what Kane provides, until it's time to talk about their club. Then he'll drip-feed them with just enough praise once in a while (time-variable) to keep them hooked.

He's a clever, professional troll who makes money by getting eyeballs for advertisers. It's not his job to give his opinion.

Best to ignore the carnival barkers completely, or at worst, play along like the tooth fairy is real, as anything in between is a mistake in thinking.

Reactions: 7 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Apparently Mr “No Shoulders” has copped a lot of criticism over his comments on Stack but has doubled down with further comments.
Reckons it’s ok for Dangerfield to flood social media because it doesn’t affect his performance.
Cornhole obviously doesn’t watch finals

He probably watches finals, just doesn't realise Clangers is playing as he is usually unsighted.

Reactions: 1 user

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
all I know is Stacky at 85% fit is worth huge amounts to the team. Stacky = sticky hands, placing our teammates in better position, extra target and plus 2 yrs contract extension. Write this down.

• Love

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
As a businessman and a keen football fan, SS cost us very little and continues to do so, his young football was brilliant, expect it to get better the more he plays (hence Dimma giving him undeserved games)...

Some posters carrying on like he was a top ten pick, this kid has come from nowhere, and he can play, boy he can play..

RFC is in the best place to determine if he warrants a 1 year rookie, or a 2-3 years contract...

Ppl like Cornes are bottom feeders, not worth discussing.

Reckon Burge had a discussion and spoke candidly, reckon Benny and Dimma probably had a word...

For a nothing pick who costs us very little (as a rookie) with mercurial talent, same draft i think hes played say 25 games and our first round pick who gets less heat RCD has played 9, who i am optomistic about, compare expectation and criticism... Not balanced...

Silly conversation, GO SYDNEY

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Stack had a bad year in 2019 then entered 2021 preseason in poor condition. Then went home and got himself in more trouble. Still he was able to get himself right by the end of the season and was in the top side and performing.

Now entering the 2022 preseason he has turned up in a condition that is not at the high level required. However it is in a far better condition than last year. Now needs to keep his head over the Xmas/New Year break and get stuck into full training in the new year.

Maybe he is on the right path and plays well over 2022. We might then see Stack grow further into a professional footballer

I am backing him in.

Reactions: 4 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
As a businessman and a keen football fan, SS cost us very little and continues to do so, his young football was brilliant, expect it to get better the more he plays (hence Dimma giving him undeserved games)...

Some posters carrying on like he was a top ten pick, this kid has come from nowhere, and he can play, boy he can play..

RFC is in the best place to determine if he warrants a 1 year rookie, or a 2-3 years contract...

Ppl like Cornes are bottom feeders, not worth discussing.

Reckon Burge had a discussion and spoke candidly, reckon Benny and Dimma probably had a word...

For a nothing pick who costs us very little (as a rookie) with mercurial talent, same draft i think hes played say 25 games and our first round pick who gets less heat RCD has played 9, who i am optomistic about, compare expectation and criticism... Not balanced...

Silly conversation, GO SYDNEY

Spot on, Tough Tiger
I am expecting Stackman to be an integral part of the team this season.
The young man can play mercurial footy, we all know that and we've all seen that.
His challenge this year to develop greater consistency with all his efforts and develop an inner belief that he truly belongs at the senior levels of Richmond footy.
I am backing him to rise to the challenge.
Stack will be part of Richmond's 2022 premiership team, mark it down.

• Love

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Reckons it’s ok for Dangerfield to flood social media because it doesn’t affect his performance.
Cornhole obviously doesn’t watch finals

No one watches finals like Dangerfield.

Cornes is technically right. Nothing affects Dangerfields finals performances.

They are a sh*t-show from the get-go

• Haha

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’m predicting in 10 years there will be a best selling book , followed 2 years later by a box office hit movie , starring tigertim as Dimma Hardwick and Sydney ( 5 time) Stackman will play himself to rave reviews from Hollywood

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I’m predicting in 10 years there will be a best selling book , followed 2 years later by a box office hit movie , starring tigertim as Dimma Hardwick and Sydney ( 5 time) Stackman will play himself to rave reviews from Hollywood
I often get mistaken for Dimma.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Just watching him again closely yesterday at training. I absolutely love the way he uses the footy. Class above near everyone. The purest of footballers.
Noticed at the end of training he spent a bit of time talking to Burge & then Dimma also came over and had a chat followed by a little pat of encouragement.
Think he's going to be just fine.

• Love
Reactions: 20 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Just watching him again closely yesterday at training. I absolutely love the way he uses the footy. Class above near everyone. The purest of footballers.
Noticed at the end of training he spent a bit of time talking to Burge & then Dimma also came over and had a chat followed by a little pat of encouragement.
Think he's going to be just fine.
We all want him to succeed
That's it.
Nothing more.

Reactions: 4 users