Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Hardwick would have been very pleased with Stacks game I reckon - chased and pressured all game. It's what you must do to get a game in Hardwicks fwd line - sacrifice your game and possession count for the team.
That's it. In the VFL three weeks ago he didn't get much of the ball but worked his arse off and the next week he had 23 and kicked 3.

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Riley had a quiet one last week & got another game.
It'd be pretty harsh on Syd to come straight out after one snr game.
He's not going to improve playing VFL at this point.

Reactions: 3 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Had a bit of a mare , if he went left , ball went right , poor performance, however I though his work rate was very good

Reactions: 6 users

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
Had a bit of a mare , if he went left , ball went right , poor performance, however I though his work rate was very good
Agree. Not one of his better games that’s for sure. But he didn’t drop his head and kept persevering. Was instrumental in MRj’s last two goals.

It was this aspect of his game that would have impressed Dimma most. Should at least earn him another crack at the top level again. We know he has plenty of upside potential if can regain his confidence.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

Good to see some realism and honesty from Syd's previous sponsor and big supporter, kudos to not being drawn into other fluff posts from others saying that he was good.
He tried which was good.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Good to see some realism and honesty from Syd's previous sponsor and big supporter, kudos to not being drawn into other fluff posts from others saying that he was good.
He tried which was good.
I'd play him again next week.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
He tried which was good.
Call it as I see it ;)

If it’s Cotchin and Martin coming back in I’d drop 2 mids Ross and RCD , obviously if Prestia dosent come up I’d bring Dow in as well, not sure what Picketts status is.

Even though I don’t think forward is Syds best spot , I still think he’s a much better talent then MJ , will he be the better player , that’s up to Syd

Last edited:

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
He was able to influence the contest and got involved in scores. In particular 2 of MRJ goals came directly from stacks smarts. He hit the pack with pace a few times but the ball in Perth went the other way. Not the first or last bloke who'll have to deal with that.
Nothing to say he had a mare in my eyes.
Great to see him back.

Reactions: 6 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
He was able to influence the contest and got involved in scores. In particular 2 of MRJ goals came directly from stacks smarts. He hit the pack with pace a few times but the ball in Perth went the other way. Not the first or last bloke who'll have to deal with that.
Nothing to say he had a mare in my eyes.
Great to see him back.

He worked into the game, HR. The times he put Maurice the Younger through were gold.

Mr Damien Hardwick sent Sydders up the ground late to get some stats but by then our man was gassed.

Reactions: 1 user

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Not saying he wasn't trying but he was out of sync with the play last night, looked gassed early. Agree you can have a quiet one as a small forward and I don't like bringing players in for only 1 game and then out but if no injuries and Cotch & Dusty back then who.
Doubt it will be JNR after 3 goals.
Hey Caeser 2 goals were actually from Stack putting in the effort to clear it to MRJ. I'd like to see them both stay, give Cotch another week off and bring dusty in for Prestia. No other change as the boys deserve a bit of cohesion and a run after that effort. Even RCD, just let them have a crack.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Is it possible that Richmond fans got quite carried away with a few cameos from Sydney and held unrealistic expectations of his future?

One bump. One speccie.

Hang on. Was it two?

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I still think Stacky’s best possible is in the backline

Yeah but we have too many small defenders which is a problem. Who would you push out? I just can't see anywhere else to put Stack except as a small forward at the moment, maybe with some midfield time but that depends on fitness. Another aspect is that we also have Ralphsmith who was playing well and Mansell who is a small back. If Stack can play forward we need him there, too many HBFs on our list.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Is it possible that Richmond fans got quite carried away with a few cameos from Sydney and held unrealistic expectations of his future?

One bump. One speccie.

Hang on. Was it two?
There's 15 minutes of exceptional highlights from his first year Jack.
The bigger question is whether he's able to recapture that form or whether 2019 was just a flash in the pan?
Actually think he looks a bit heavier from this first year. His pace is nowhere near what it was when he burst on the scene. Sure there's the odd burst but certainly not with the same consistency.
Elite athletes have got to be athletic to get the most out of their raw talents & that just comes with hard work.
Sydney can't survive by not putting in the work. That's what may see him ultimately waste his career if he doesn't make the most of these increasingly rare senior opportunities.