Talkin’ Tactics 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talkin’ Tactics 2022

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Absolutely Aces. If we are to expect Nank / Soldo to play in tandem in 2022, that's precisely where CCJ might feel he isn't part of the seniors mix.

This is why a trade with GC might just be something that makes good list management sense.

In fact, with Soldo returning, I'm coming around to the idea of trading CCJ.
If CCJ can net us pick 3 from GC then it’s a no-brainer.

Tigers of Old

Proud of our Club.
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Great post Carter. Couldn’t agree more. Our stoppage work this year was EFL like. Not good enough. It needs addressing. I was very much against someone like Dunstan. Because he can’t kick. He is worse than Castsgna. Much worse. But he instantly improves us in an area where are shithouse in. And he is free.
No. Dunstan butchers it as you said.
The best teams inside mids don't butcher it.
We need to recruit good disposers of the ball.
Transitional midfielders.
Dunstan is delisted for a reason.

Reactions: 5 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Our problems are simply

- we lack pace around the centre clearance - our goto clearance players of Prestia, Cotch, Edwards and Lambert have passed that peak level they had over the 2017 - 2020. Melb have gone way past us n this area and they have an elite ruck as well - we have Bolton coming through, others?

- our defence has also lost its shape - how do Grimes / Vlas now compare with other defences - we have Balta coming through but as others mentioned, we have lost our strength of defending higher up the ground - this is structural.

- it’s hard to comment without seeing games live, but our team couldn’t generate numbers from contest to contest which was a strength during our dynasty period. Is that fitness, age, desire, injuries (lack of game continuity) I don’t know but I can’t see the gut running players of Lambert, Aarts, Edwards doing it now. Questions now whether George and Pickett can keep doing it and whether Dan Rioli can go back to that role also.

We will never get our connection right across the ground and with our forwards if these three things are not working. We have a bit of work to do over summer and with our recruiting.
All this.

ceehook2

Tiger Rookie
Feb 11, 2021
pace and clean hands needed in the midfield as well as strong bodies

Cotch & Graham are our strong bodies

Dusty , Prestia , Lambert , Bolton and Edwards have been our clean hands and pace thru the midfield

we do need depth to cover injury and in the not too distant future replace some of those guys

Stack will a full preseason could run thru the middle
RCD is promising to reach that level
The like Dow as a prospect but he is still a bit skinny

so does it emphasise we need to draft a good one and trade in a ready made one ?