TALKING FOOTY - GREG STAFFORD IS THE GUEST | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TALKING FOOTY - GREG STAFFORD IS THE GUEST

Greg performed very well. Very willey character that lad.

Bruce tried to pull him into what hew thought about Richo. Answered him in such away that made bruce happy but didn't slander Richo. Very polical.

Next Captain

Lets Roar

Khan

shawry said:
Can anyone fill us in on what Staff had to say. Would be most interested.

Just watched Talking Footy shawry. Greg was wonderful. Extremely articulate and doesn't suffer fools gladly.
They have to ask a straight question or he doesn't answer. There's no tricking him.
Bruce was gushing all over Staff, thought he was going to lean forward a centimetre more and give him a kiss.
Instead of Bruce going Caaaaaaaaaaaaaarey now in the future I'm sure it will be Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaford.
I think he's in love, ha.

Anyway to some of Staffs comments that you requested.

-The reason the team is going badly is they are not adhering to the coaches instructions. They are going outside the boundaries of team rules.

-Bruce asked Staff why can't Danny just be Danny and do media performances such as Talking Footy like other coaches do. Why did he need to be gagged?
Staff's comment was that Danny is not a media personality, he's a coach and he does that very well. He shut Bruce up pretty quickly on that one.

-They said Danny was going away for the break, but is staying in Melbourne due to our slump. Staff is heading down the coast.

-On Richo said he was a super personality and modest, maybe too modest. He gave the opinion he left things unsaid by saying "but who am i to comment? I'm just a bum." Good evasion skills Staff, ha.

-Asked if the captaincy would change Richo's habits Greg just smiled and said Richo was captain on Saturday and it made no difference.

-When questioned about whether the Spider incident changed the way he went about rucking he said not at all. He did nothing wrong, and his eyes were on the ball. If they weren't he would have accepted having the book thrown at him.
Was extremely disappointed with the media treatment over it.

-Greg dodged all questions asked about opposition players because you don't want to give them ammo or "blow wind up their proverbial" ;D but conceded he's an out and out Archer fan. (Makes 2 of us Greg)

-Finally asked if he'll ever coach the answer was definitely not. Will he end up in the media? Preferably not.

Great effort Staff, you do the RFC proud.
The Daffy/Staff deal would have to be one of Richmond's best efforts ever imo.

Thanks Khan, rosy.

Sounds liek he did well.

Good to see him sticking up for Frawley adn taking it upon the players for disobeying team rules and saying Frawley is a good coach.

I still worry about the lack of ability fo the coaching panel to instill disclipine into the players.
This isn't 1 week they are talking about it's 4 weeks.
Why can they continually get away with not complying with the coaches instructions?
I know not being able to drop players could be given as an excuse, but this is a repeat of last season.
Both years the axe was threatened and both years not carried out.

Stafford was fantastic again last night. A smart cookie and a great ambassador for the club. Thought Andrew Macleod was nearby the way Bruce was getting turned on ;D.

Staff really handles the media well, he never says anything without thinking carefully about it, and everything he says makes complete sense (unlike our coach)

Sounds like he is really enjoying his footy, and if injuries can stay away, we should get a few more good years out of him, which is a real bonus considering the one year deal he came down here with