Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

Cool. One Nation advising their supporters to vote informal
FSyPIjPaAAE7lUh.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
I see the Libs have announced the ability to use up to $50k of super to pay a deposit on a house.
This is terrible policy. It will just push the property market even higher and mean that the whole purpose of superannuation which is to plan for retirement and to take pressure off the aged pension is compromised.
The whole reason we have a super guaranteed payment on wages and a tax break to do so is to create wealth for retirement.
I understand why it could be a vote getter but it is bad policy imo.

Peter Dutton agrees

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Yeh, just ridiculous policy, reeks of desperate last minute vote grab.

Have a long-term strategy you morons. Investigate the foundations of why housing is so unaffordable.

It was bad enough letting people get $20K out of super during the pandemic.

But they do have a long term strategy.

They have a plan for the future of Australia's economy.

The plan consists of . . . um . . . looks at one of the myriad LNP leaflets which arrived last week . . . um . . . oh, I know, give the rich tax cuts and remove the low and middle income tax break. Everything will trickle down and we'll all be rich. It's a plan I tell ya.

Seriously, that policy of allowing people to use Super to get a deposit is woeful. Not only will it drive house prices up etc, it will also reduce peoples' Super balances substantially as the $50k will be early in most peoples' Super accumulation so the impact of compound interest on savings will be negative, the more you have in Super for a longer period of time the more you accumulate. Terrible policy on so many levels.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
It’s a desperate policy.

There are so many things needed to improve housing affordability. Creating more supply is the most important thing and that is largely done at State and local levels of Government.
if only there was an easy way a federal government could stop incentivising people who are already houses to buy more houses.

These idiots have had 3 years to conjure up new policies. And 6 days from the election, they come up with the most reckless and irresponsible policy in living memory (excluding their handling of COVID).

On another note, 2 days til the advertising blackout. I am expecting some faux scandal or massive lie to break within that time. Their last hail mary. It’ll be big, it’ll be nasty and the MSM will shove it down our throats all week.

Any predictions on what it will be?

These idiots have had 3 years to conjure up new policies. And 6 days from the election, they come up with the most reckless and irresponsible policy in living memory (excluding their handling of COVID).

On another note, 2 days til the advertising blackout. I am expecting some faux scandal or massive lie to break within that time. Their last hail mary. It’ll be big, it’ll be nasty and the MSM will shove it down our throats all week.

Any predictions on what it will be?
Dan Andews reason for falling down the stairs

Reactions: 1 user
My partner is on twitter a lot and sometimes gives me interesting perspectives on Morrison. The general take on his "I'll change' line was that it was like the abusive partner trying to apologise for domestic violence-"I promise I won't do it again. You know how much I care about you".

It's interesting to me as I didn't immediately see that slant on it, but that's what all the educated women that she communicates with thought.

Reactions: 7 users
My partner is on twitter a lot and sometimes gives me interesting perspectives on Morrison. The general take on his "I'll change' line was that it was like the abusive partner trying to apologise for domestic violence-"I promise I won't do it again. You know how much I care about you".

It's interesting to me as I didn't immediately see that slant on it, but that's what all the educated women that she communicates with thought.

that was my first reaction.

That goes along with Grace Tame's observations that how Morrison treats the public is exactly how abusers treat their victims.

Reactions: 2 users
So Labor are going to

1. Put up 30% for a first home, interest and rent free = generational reform

2. Have a federal anti-corruption commission = generational reform

3. Have a referendum on indigenous voice in parliament = generational reform

4. Tip a billion into Medicare

5. Legislate pay parity for women

6. Put a nurse in every aged care facilility and mandate nutritional standards

And theyre 'presenting a small target', 'standing for nothing' 'trying to get elected by not being scott morrison', or 'just like the rest of them'

Jeez, after shorten lost the unlosable to a corrupt incompetant *smile* with a long rap sheet,

Theyde be excused for trying to sneak into power,

But they havnt.

Theyve laid out a big reforming agenda.

*smile* weak on climate? Yes,

But small target or no different to LNP?

Lazy, lazy, thinking,

Or a terminal murdoch brain disease

Reactions: 7 users
I'm always amazed/frustrated with these idiots who keep appearing on these "who you gonna vote for" vox pops:

Reporter: What issues really matter to you?

Idiot: wages aren't going up and I can't afford a house deposit. Soon I won't be able to rent. Also the planet is nearly *smile*

Reporter: So who do you think will have your vote?

Idiot: oh, Liberal. They're the bestest at managing economy.

*smile* Murdoch

• Sad
Yeh, the very people who are currently worse off after the current gov't's tenure still think they are the party to trust to balance the budget. Its crazy.

Reactions: 1 user
Can't believe how many Palmer United ads have run during Footy Classified.

I'm starting to think that Craig Kelly isn't a bad guy............
Something to laugh at. I like the song though. Sounds like this Greg Champion song (when footy WAS alive and well.......sigh)