Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

Yeah. Labor government still $1.50 favourite though. Main shift is from majority ALP to minority. Sportsbet has wound ALP majority out to $2.50 but 365 has it $1.90 - and 365 has until now given better odds on Labor than Sportsbet has. About even money for the ALP to win majority on Betfair so could arbitrage for a free bet using Sportsbet.

Labor $2.5 to win 76 seats?

im gonna take some of that.

no lose situation; if they don't, we are all rooted, we'll be depressed anyway, the losses will feel concurrent, and $$$ won't make a shred of difference anyway; if they do, you collect.

Reactions: 1 user
Labor $2.5 to win 76 seats?

im gonna take some of that.

no lose situation; if they don't, we are all rooted, we'll be depressed anyway, the losses will feel concurrent, and $$$ won't make a shred of difference anyway; if they do, you collect.
$2.30 now.

They must be carrying a fair bit of early money on the govt from their RM Williams base.

$2.30 now.

They must be carrying a fair bit of early money on the govt from their RM Williams base.

Murdoch always puts a few million dirty $$$ on the conservatives,

so Sky/Fox can roll fake odds.

I cleaned up on Joe Biden. Im pretty sure I got better than evens after he'd won.

$2.3 is a gift.

if you look, sound, act like a political corpse,

you're a political corpse

Murdoch always puts a few million dirty $$$ on the conservatives,

so Sky/Fox can roll fake odds.

I cleaned up on Joe Biden. Im pretty sure I got better than evens after he'd won.

$2.3 is a gift.

if you look, sound, act like a political corpse,

you're a political corpse
What a fill-up that US election was!

Just noticed this on the news. When they first showed it in the promo I thought it was a kids rugby game, but later noticed it was soccer. What a prick! Could've killed the kid.

I just hope the msm cover Scotty's faux pas for the rest of the week like we did Albo's "gaffe". Not counting on it though.

Yeah. Labor government still $1.50 favourite though. Main shift is from majority ALP to minority. Sportsbet has wound ALP majority out to $2.50 but 365 has it $1.90 - and 365 has until now given better odds on Labor than Sportsbet has. About even money for the ALP to win majority on Betfair so could arbitrage for a free bet using Sportsbet.
Yes. I like it.

Apparently Albo killed it at the traditional National Press Club speech today (and Slomo refused to show).
I doubt there’ll be much coverage of it though

OMG

Nothing else to say really.

Living in a very safe seat (Libs won on primaries last election), normally the election for the lower house is a non event. Barely anything in the letterbox, very few signs around, not much happening. But, no more, independents to the rescue.

It is astounding what is going on now in Goldstein. Today we got yet another leaflet dropped in the letter box from the Libs, must say it was a terrible leaflet. It was a scratchy where you scratch the answers to leading questions. Crap, you don't make people work to get your message, 99% won't bother and the other 1% are politically engaged so likely have already got fairly set opinions. But, on top of the terrible leaflet, I got, in the mail, a personally addressed letter from John Howard (no, not the actor, the former PM). It was sent through the mail so not so cheap. Interestingly it was sent to me and my partner hasn't got one (anyone still wondering why the LNP have an issue with women, is she going to get a letter from Mr Howard or not?). Plus, a Robocall from Tim Wilson this evening. This is simply astounding, nothing from Phantom Wilson for all his years "representing" us, and now a veritable avalanche, even a letter from a former PM.

I ride to work so get a bit of an impression of the area. Now, I ride through Brighton and the number of Zoe Daniels signs is multiplying. If the support can be measured by the number of signs on houses there is some sort of groundswell happening to elect her and dump the right wing IPA Lib. This is not the area where the ALP win a few booths like Bentleigh or the like, this is Liberal heartland, Brighton, where the Lib vote in most booths is well over 50%.

If Goldstein is under this level of threat then I reckon Kooyong may well be gone for the Libs. They must be very very worried about losing Goldstein, the amount of hassling we are getting to vote Wilson back in is huge, I've never seen anything like it.

I am enjoying this, they are having to use considerable resources to try and win a seat they normally take for granted, so much fun to watch this happening.

DS
Same in Kooyong.

Got a letter from little Johnnie and had a couple of robocalls from Joshie.

I don’t answer calls from numbers I don’t recognise so I got voice to text.

“ hi this is Josh Brightenberg …” :LOL: