Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

Apparently Albo killed it at the traditional National Press Club speech today (and Slomo refused to show).
I doubt there’ll be much coverage of it though
He was awesome. It's on iview if you want to watch it.

Reactions: 1 users
I might be wrong here, but quick calc tells me that currently, if you were inclined to believe a majority Labor outcome, you’d be getting a free kick at goal at $1.65.

Reactions: 1 user
Same in Kooyong.

Got a letter from little Johnnie and had a couple of robocalls from Joshie.

I don’t answer calls from numbers I don’t recognise so I got voice to text.

“ hi this is Josh Brightenberg …” :LOL:

I answered it because it was the landline, don't answer calls I don't know on the mobile.

Just curious, are there any women of voting age in your household and have they received a letter from little Johnnie?

DS

Reactions: 1 user
I answered it because it was the landline, don't answer calls I don't know on the mobile.

Just curious, are there any women of voting age in your household and have they received a letter from little Johnnie?

DS
My wife. The letter came addressed to me but when I opened it up it said “ Dear Mr and Mrs”. Very patriarchal of cause but that’s little Johnnie for ya!

We got a flyer saying that Labor was playing dead because Monique Ryan will support them, so a vote for her is a vote for Labor. Also an independent “bingo” card … voting independent is playing bingo because you don’t know what you will get .

Joshie is panicking and to be honest a letter from Little Johnnie and these flyers would make me less likely to vote for him if I was in any doubt already.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
It's a shame that the little kid blocked Morrison's fall.

I can think of nothing better than Morrison face planting himself and being helped up with grass and dirt in his eyes, ears & nostrils.

Morrison is the first prime minister since 1969 to not address the National Press Club in the final week of an election.

It's a shame that the little kid blocked Morrison's fall.

I can think of nothing better than Morrison face planting himself and being helped up with grass and dirt in his eyes, ears & nostrils.

Morrison is the first prime minister since 1969 to not address the National Press Club in the final week of an election.

Pretty weak from ScuMo the supposed "Bulldozer",

This is a really interesting read. 72% probability of a Labor Majority. 4% probability of a Liberal majority. It explains the tightening of the polls in recent days.

Labor at $1.51 to form government with SportsBet. If it goes up any further, I’m gonna have a massive crack.

$2.35 Labor majority now on SB….

$2.00 as i type this. must have dropped overnight. I’m taking that.

Joshie is panicking and to be honest a letter from Little Johnnie and these flyers would make me less likely to vote for him if I was in any doubt already.

For the life of me I can’t understand how the Liberals believe dragging out the war criminal out will help Frydenberg. He’s the very man who turned the liberals from centre right to extreme right. They just don’t get it.

Reactions: 3 users
For the life of me I can’t understand how the Liberals believe dragging out the war criminal out will help Frydenberg. He’s the very man who turned the liberals from centre right to extreme right. They just don’t get it.
Howard is less disliked than Morrision, heck Abbott is probably less disliked than Morrison.

even the LIbs know it, they are using the *smile* job Morrison has done to try to make the actual job they have done in government ok.
their line about not liking Morrison but vote still vote for the government might work to steal back some votes.

I'm sick of this bullsh1t narrative that we "just don't like Scott". While that's true, the public also hates the corruption and incompetence of the rest of the government too. The media is actively trying to tell Australians what they want and need and blatantly attempting to influence the vote in one direction. As a consequence, the media is on the nose with the public as well.

This is good:

I used to never miss Insiders when Barrie Cassidy was host. I can't remember the last time I watched the Speers version. (There is a woman on Twitter, @iMusing who does a thread every Sunday 'Watching Insiders so you don't have to'. Thorough and amusing summary.)

Reactions: 3 users
I'm sick of this bullsh1t narrative that we "just don't like Scott". While that's true, the public also hates the corruption and incompetence of the rest of the government too. The media is actively trying to tell Australians what they want and need and blatantly attempting to influence the vote in one direction. As a consequence, the media is on the nose with the public as well.
Yep the Libs are using the general hatred of Morrison to hide the general incompetence/nastiness/corruption of their government.
i am sure some will fall for it, hopefully not too many.

Howard was the start of the liberal party’s problems as you say. He started their move to the right, their complete loss of empathy and the politics of fear.
They absolutely don’t understand where they are at and why people are moving away from them.
I would say however that neither does the ALP abut to a lesser extent

Reactions: 2 users