Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Still $2.30 with pointsbet.
Hmmm. Might have to start an account.

$2.30 Lab majority win, offset the stake amount by taking the 3 other possibilities on Betfair (currently showing $5.70/$4.50/$3.20), and getting a juicy risk free bet on the Lab majority win.

Is that what you're thinking ?

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Hmmm. Might have to start an account.

$2.30 Lab majority win, offset the stake amount by taking the 3 other possibilities on Betfair (currently showing $5.70/$4.50/$3.20), and getting a juicy risk free bet on the Lab majority win.

Is that what you're thinking ?
I'm invested at $2.50 for ALP majority, laid off some (not all, because I think they'll get it and I want to win more $) at $2 on Betfair. I'll take a slab of the $1.56 for Labor to form government as a safety.

I wonder if there'll be live betting. Ezy and I made a killing on the US election when early results pointed to Trump and Biden got to $4 or more. Giggling like schoolgirls, we were.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
*I might be too drunk to responsibly live bet. Plus I'll be watching the footy at the same time, getting 2-for-1 value on the phrase, "Go *smile* yourself, you corrupt piece of *smile*!".

• Haha

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Howard was the start of the liberal party’s problems as you say. He started their move to the right, their complete loss of empathy and the politics of fear.
They absolutely don’t understand where they are at and why people are moving away from them.
I would say however that neither does the ALP abut to a lesser extent

100% accurate.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I'm invested at $2.50 for ALP majority, laid off some (not all, because I think they'll get it and I want to win more $) at $2 on Betfair. I'll take a slab of the $1.56 for Labor to form government as a safety.

I wonder if there'll be live betting. Ezy and I made a killing on the US election when early results pointed to Trump and Biden got to $4 or more. Giggling like schoolgirls, we were.
Fair enough.

Not sure about the live betting.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Interesting…

I met Michelle tonight. Very nice lady. She put herself on the frontline working on Covid wards at the peak of the unvaccinated pandemic.

Don’t think she’ll win her electorate - think Allen will hold Higgins - but you never know.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Someone that hasn't got much airtime on this thread, but I hope he wins, is David Pocock. Played the game well. Captained the Wallabies for a few games. Always been a bit of an activist.

Just hope he is 100% certain that he has relinquished his Zimbabwean passport.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
How much money has Fraudenberg spent on advertising this campaign, and where did it all come from ?

Never seen anyone saturate themselves this much via media advertising in any political campaign ever.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
How much money has Fraudenberg spent on advertising this campaign, and where did it all come from ?

Never seen anyone saturate themselves this much via media advertising in any political campaign ever.

I've heard figures of over $2m bandied about.

The Libs are desperate not to lose Kooyong, it was the seat of Menzies who founded the Liberals. The shame of losing it would be very hard for them & Fraudenberg especially to stomach.

Poor Joshie, I hope he gets to feel the shame. :mhihi

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
9Costello editorials have reluctantly, limp-wristedly, endorsed Labor - or more accurately, endorsed Not The Coalition. They've conceded.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I've heard figures of over $2m bandied about.
$2.8 million, I believe. Not sure whether that includes the $30/hr ($8.50/hr more than an aged care worker) they paid Young Liberals to walk around wearing JoshKeeper sandwich boards.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I thought I was going to be exultant if and when we turfed these disgusting crooks. But I'll just be relieved. I'll take it.

Reactions: 2 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
9Costello editorials have reluctantly, limp-wristedly, endorsed Labor - or more accurately, endorsed Not The Coalition. They've conceded.

Pretty much. They need to suck up now that the Royal Commission into Media Diversity is likely to happen. A Labor MP came out today saying he will push for it after the election (his name escapes me).

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Over 740,000 people voted yesterday.

Highest level of early voting ever with 4.61 million people in total casting early.

Should have the results tomorrow by 6.03pm :ROFLMAO: