Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

So for everyone who has already voted and postal votes do these get counted today or are they already counted?

I can see an argument where counting early could lead some to not vote if they think their vote is useless.

Did my civic duty this afternoon (Ant - vote early is bad advice, always quieter in the arvo, 2 minute wait for us). Went to our daughter's old Primary School, nice to see all the portables gone and some new buildings, that would be State Government funding because the Feds never give money to schools unless they are rich and private. Also more civic duty on the way out, picked up the UAP sign and disposed of it on the way home :devilish: The people handing out (UAP weren't there) seemed to appreciate this.

So nice to have a vote that might make a difference, I really hope Phantom Wilson is gone in Goldstein, the less IPA nutcases the better.

Hoping for an ALP majority government, lesser of 2 evils and ScoMo is pretty bloody evil.

So many nutters standing in the Senate, all with misleading names.

Thank Christ the campaign is over. Its been a disgrace. The media has been abysmal, woeful, terrible. Refuse to hold Morrison to account for his lies and stuff ups. Albanese has had to jump at shadows because thats just how the dice are loaded. If the media even made an effort to report substantive policy issues truthfully based on national interest the Government wouldn't stand a snowflake's chance in hell.

Yeah absolute disgrace. The HUN was a running LNP ad. The massive coverage of Albo not remembering the unemployment rate, while nothing, absolutely nothing, on how ScoMo was miles off knowing what average earnings are, in an election where cost of living is a huge issue. Just sums them up really, the right wing media showing their usual bias.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
So for everyone who has already voted and postal votes do these get counted today or are they already counted?

I can see an argument where counting early could lead some to not vote if they think their vote is useless.

Postals are normally counted from next week, there is a 2 week (I think) time limit on postal votes reaching the AEC after the polling date. Generally won't impact the outcome enough to affect the result but occasionally in a particular seat it can take a couple of weeks.

This is why you won't see the AEC offically declare the result of any seat which is close until well after the election.

The pre-polls can't be counted until after the polls close. But there is now a ruling that they can be sorted from 4pm on polling day because there are so many of them these days.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
Ch 7 mentioned that not one poster of SmugMo was shown at all polling booths around the nation. True as I noticed none where I went.

It's over for the pr!ck.

Aren't the Teals a darkside version of the Greens?

The main difference i see is

greens are mostly underwhelming trans-vegan virgins,

While Teals are all hot middle-aged hetero carniverous women

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
If the Greens don't do well I can't imagine how bad the planet has to get for them to grow.

Reactions: 1 user
And whoever wins this time the economy from the sounds of things will be a tick in their ear. It might be the election you don't want to win.

Reactions: 1 user