Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I wonder if Albo will be laughing when he has to deal with billions lost in taxes,when the coal mines close,and the thousands of jobs lost .
Then the loss of petrol taxes when more and more electric vehicles are around,what becomes of the mechanics ,all you need is a computer and electrician.technician to work on these cars.

Imagine all the subsidies they won't have to pay to the mining companies

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
If you study the values espoused by Robert Menzies when he started the Liberal Party there is some truth in what she says. The problem is that the modern Liberal party is nowhere near those values now, it isn't even close.

The current liberal party has been evolving for years and now there are very few menzian Liberals left in the party

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
or maybe Port Adelaide stop singing INX, and start singing John and Yoko?
Ooh Ooh Ooh. Maso knows the words. He can channel the prophesies of St John of Lennon who totally predicted the outcome of the 2022 Oz erection.

In the middle of a dream
In the middle of a dream, I call your name.
Ohh Albo
Ohhhh ALBO
My love will turn you on.

St John also penned this one as part of his prophecies

Imagine there's no Scomo
It's easy if you try
The Libs below us
Labor on the rise
Imagine all the people voting red n green ( teal being a derivative of green ).

And just to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt the prophetic powers of St John of Lennon, this one was predicted before young Holmes a Court was even a gleam in his old mans eye.

All we are saying
Is give teals a chance.

Near on as good at prophecy as the old Nostrilsdamus was St John of Lennon n we didn't have to wait hundreds of years for the prophecies to come true.

• Love

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Dud-mo…way to go
Hit ‘im real hard send ‘im down below
Oh Dud-mo….give ‘im the ‘ole heave ho
He was a dead set shocker !

Oh Dud-mo ….now off you go
Country’s on fire and you’re a no-show
Oh Dud-mo …give ‘im Hawaii and a water lilo
He was a dead set shocker !

Copyright RPRR
Redford P. Reds Recording.

Last edited:
  • Haha

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006

"The same polling showed that Frydenberg still had a safe hold on his seat, with a 57-43 lead over Labor, a 59-41 lead over the Greens and a positive approval rating of 15. This challenges the notion that Frydenberg’s interventions against the second-wave lockdown in Victoria were a decisive factor in the Kooyong result."

Bollocks. This was the reason the Ryan campaign developed momentum.

Not surprised to see ol' mate Chip starting the campaign to reform Josh.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
At least we have unilateral agreement on strict gun laws.
What's happened in the USA this morning yet another tragic reminder of their absolute lunacy & why we must forever stay strong on our stance on guns.

• Sad

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

'after four years of what the out-going French foreign affairs minister, Jean-Yves Le Drian, described as Scott Morrison’s ‘brutality and cynicism, and .. unequivocal incompetence’

So nasty and incompetent it could be seen from France, and probably space.

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
What's happened in the USA this morning yet another tragic reminder of their absolute lunacy & why we must forever stay strong on our stance on guns.
The USA is imploding, I'm afraid. We should not have all our eggs in that basket case. "America will save us" is a poor defense strategy when it doesn't look capable of saving itself from itself.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

As usual, the rest of the world is more horrified that this has happened than Americans. Their moral compass on guns is completely broken.

I said after Sandy Hook, that if the murder and slaughter of 25+ 5/6 year old students doesn't change the thought pattern in the US then nothing well. Don't expect any changes on gun legislation after this one. If they did nothing after 5/6 year olds were murdered. Why would they when they were 7/8 year olds.

When I dropped my youngest off at Primary School this morning (she's Grade 6 so a bit older than the kids that died), and it did cross my mind how parents in the US would feel dropping their kids off at school, knowing how prevalent school shootings are over there and I couldn't comprehend it to be honest. Schools should be safe. Unfortunately the Texas Attorney Generals thoughts how to change this, are that they should arm teachers in schools. Its crazy, his way to stop gun crime is more guns. Is the way to stop cancer, giving someone more cancer.

• Sad

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

Powerful speech but it's a measure of how *smile*-up the gun debate is that he knows it's pointless to say "This must NEVER happen again". The gun lobby/2nd amendment fetish is so powerful that he can only beg his opponents to make it "less likely" so "fewer" families & communities suffer these atrocities, instead of NO MORE.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Steve Kerr is 100%, though not all senators are doing nothing. This is a speech given today by Chris Murphy, who was on the ground with the families after Sandy Hook. This made my heartbreak (and I challenge anyone not to cry), when he describes what the kids at Sandy Hook have gone through, and having to havce a safe word anytime the events of that tragic day pass through their head. We often focus on those who have been worst affected (those families that have lost loved ones) and forget about the trauma this sort of things provide to those that survived. Its horrifying to think that young children have to relive this sort of thing day after day.

The worst part of all of this for me though, is I suspect more tears are shed for these victims outside of America than within, as Americans seem to be desensitized to this sort of thing happening.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Powerful speech but it's a measure of how *smile*-up the gun debate is that he knows it's pointless to say "This must NEVER happen again". The gun lobby/2nd amendment fetish is so powerful that he can only beg his opponents to make it "less likely" so "fewer" families & communities suffer these atrocities, instead of NO MORE.

You beat me to it. I need to refresh my browser quicker!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
1653440798112.png

Reactions: 5 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The whole 2nd Amendment basis for an individual’s right to keep and bear arms in the USA is so farcical its little wonder so many people around the world consider Americans backward and stupid. I don’t necessarily subscribe to that thought, but geepers, you can understand why so many people do. It’s an absurd mandate.

The basis for its development was off the back of a geographically small fought war in the corner of the USA 250 years ago (!!) and the ability for a citizen to protect and defend themselves from the British – something in itself is absolute bs anyway because almost all of the fighting against the British was done by paid and armed military and overseas mercenaries. Not Joe Blow’s, farmers etc. That’s a complete myth. Americans just love the defiant "feel good" story to it all though and won't give it up.

And this reference to having the right to defend America’s freedom and liberty ? Hah hah….what so the trillions and trillions spent on national defence and being the most heavily armed nation on earth isn’t worth jack ? Individuals still need to be able to carry a firearm in case the Chines invade do they ? I'd suggest you're done and dusted if Fiddy Cent is firing his Glock from the balcony of his Bel-Air apartment at some Chinese soldier down on Sunset Boulevard.

And then finally, the argument that a citizen has the right to protect themselves from others, well that’s what you pay your local governments MORE trillions and trillions to do – including law and order and enforcement of it – something, ironically, I’m sure would be much easier to apply if there wasn’t this open ended, personal arms, free for all.

It’s embarrassing and sad for America. I often wonder if other world leaders ever bring it up much with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Just reading the comments on YT on the bottom of that Chris Murphy video and its clear that nothing will change. So many people defending the 2nd Amendment, and advocating for an armed guard at every school.

Think of that logically, if you were a gunman that wanted to go and shoot up a school, if you knew there was an armed guard, where would you start? For me, I'd look for the armed guard first, kill him, then continue on and do what I'd planned. It would just result in more, not less bloodshed. Its a bizarre point of view.

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
leaning on an antiquated constitution continues to keep the USA in the dark ages