Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Trump strongly condemns those calling for some minimal gun control measures, like background checks when buying an automatic weapon, as left wing extremists exploiting the 'tears of the parents', the school massacre for political gain.

It's whackyland insanity, it should be an extreme fringe view, but its not. 30% of the population, 100-odd million people would agree with him.

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Trump strongly condemns those calling for some minimal gun control measures, like background checks when buying an automatic weapon, as left wing extremists exploiting the 'tears of the parents', the school massacre for political gain.

It's whackyland insanity, it should be an extreme fringe view, but its not. 30% of the population, 100-odd million people would agree with him.

Its crazy isn't it.

Logic tells you a background check to make sure crazies don't get their hands on weapons is a good thing - Not to the gun nuts
A simple register showing who has guns, this can also be used as a trigger to law enforcement if a person buys a number of guns or large amounts of ammunition to check them out, seems smart - Not to the gun nuts
Hell, an even smaller change, with many of those school shooters and suicide victims being young impressionable people, how about increasing the age limit to purchase a gun. Say 25 for any weapon. 30 for an automatic weapon. Its not the full solution but would have some impact and is logical as this means you can only access a weapon once your brain is fully developed, but I'd bet this would be thrown down as well, despite impacting next to none of the gun nuts in the US.

I think they are behind help personally.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Surprised there hasn't been an attempt in the US to allow fetuses (feti?) to carry guns to protect themselves against unlawful abortions.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
At some point, an aggrieved/non-clear thinking member of a family that’s had a tragic victim of a mass shooting is gonna dispense their own “governance” at an NRA meeting or on a Ted Cruz or whomever.

We’re not far away. You just know it.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
At some point, an aggrieved/non-clear thinking member of a family that’s had a tragic victim of a mass shooting is gonna dispense their own “governance” at an NRA meeting or on a Ted Cruz or whomever.

We’re not far away. You just know it.

NRA conference is banning guns. Apparently because Trump will be speaking so the Secret Service have taken over security.

Shame really. With all those NRA members carrying in one big enclosed space, you would just need one or two shots fired before a massive old western style shoot out would start.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
It's going to be fun watching the LNP turn on Morrison and completely tear him apart if he loses. They hate him with a passion.

They didn't take long. Media this weekend is full of unnamed Liberal members un loading on the most hated man in Australia. *smile*, even foreign diplomats and governments are sticking the boots into ScuMo, either veiled or directly.

My favorite so far

He said: “I can’t stop myself from saying that the defeat of Morrison suits me very well.”

Le Drian added that Morrison’s actions over the submarine deal showed “brutality and cynicism, and I would even be tempted to say of unequivocal
incompetence”.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
They didn't take long. Media this weekend is full of unnamed Liberal members un loading on the most hated man in Australia. *smile*, even foreign diplomats and governments are sticking the boots into ScuMo, either veiled or directly.

My favorite so far

He said: “I can’t stop myself from saying that the defeat of Morrison suits me very well.”

Le Drian added that Morrison’s actions over the submarine deal showed “brutality and cynicism, and I would even be tempted to say of unequivocal
incompetence”.

We need to repair relations with France, they are important in the Pacific. What Morrison did was grossly incompetent and stupid.

DS

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
We need to repair relations with France, they are important in the Pacific. What Morrison did was grossly incompetent and stupid.

DS

It was really worse than that David it was gross negligence, unfortunately I think he's opened the door for the Chinese to determine what happens in the Pacific region from here on.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yeah, parachuting Keneally into Fowler was stupid, hopefully Albanese learns from this. Keneally clearly has not learned but she's out so doesn't matter so much.

One thing in that article gets me though. Albanese was quoted from an interview on Sky News. Why do they even talk to Sky? Low ratings, obviously favour the LNP, if I was Labor I wouldn't go on Sky at all, marginalise them, starve them of news. Sky isn't news, its an ad for the LNP, don't give them oxygen, they're all oxygen thieves anyway.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
ALP still on the lead with MacNamara as they reckon 3000 postal votes are missing. On the verge to become a majority govt.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Pleased to see KK gone. But surely she is in huge denial here. People want strong local members representing them.

Whats wrong with Keneally, I mean I get why people should be angry about her being parachuted in but whats wrong with her personally?

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Whats wrong with Keneally, I mean I get why people should be angry about her being parachuted in but whats wrong with her personally?
All the corruption her state government was involved in.