Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The ABC have a charter that forces them to include far right hacks on every single discussion panel they have to ensure 'balance'. A Howard masterstroke.

Sky on the other hand...
Both sidesism is ridiculous. Taken to its logical extreme, if you were doing a story on paedophilia you'd have to have someone on extolling the virtue of raping children.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Both sidesism is ridiculous. Taken to its logical extreme, if you were doing a story on paedophilia you'd have to have someone on extolling the virtue of raping children.
They do have priests on......

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 7 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Agree. It's why on shows like Q&A they end up with climate deniers. Surely giving these meatheads a platform to spruik their *smile* goes against everything the ABC should stand for.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

If the ABC were serious about balance, theyde force Amanda vandstone to let her guests say something.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
If the ABC were serious about balance, theyde force Amanda vandstone to let her guests say something.
Ditto David Speers.

They need to clean out the board, not sack the 58 librarians/archivists and return the ABC to the great institution it used to be.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just noticed today's Queens Birthday Honours to Aussie actress Carol Raye (who I just noticed on 1980 episoide of Parkinson in Australia show on ABC last week), looked her up wondering when she passed away and found she's still with us at 99!!! Well done Carol.

Also, two of the greatest voices in Aussie (NZ) music industry, Vika and Linda Bull (both sisters). Love these two.

All three totally deserve it.

Reactions: 2 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Global Multinationals think that Australian's (governments) are dumb schmucks............and they are correct.

We have known this for years and I don’t get that the Libs, who are meant to be so good at business have let this happen - with our current level of debt, homelessness, unemployed, could all be solved by receiving a fair, not stupid amount, of tax from these crooks.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
We have known this for years and I don’t get that the Libs, who are meant to be so good at business have let this happen - with our current level of debt, homelessness, unemployed, could all be solved by receiving a fair, not stupid amount, of tax from these crooks.

Unfortunately the Libs believed their own bulldust, even though it hasn't been the case for decades. The myth has been sprouted in perpetuity by the kowtowing media flogs.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Just noticed today's Queens Birthday Honours to Aussie actress Carol Raye (who I just noticed on 1980 episoide of Parkinson in Australia show on ABC last week), looked her up wondering when she passed away and found she's still with us at 99!!! Well done Carol.

Also, two of the greatest voices in Aussie (NZ) music industry, Vika and Linda Bull (both sisters). Love these two.

All three totally deserve it.
Vika and Linda Bull are awesome but they have no connection to NZ. Born and raised in Doncaster to a Tongan mother

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

I assume this is sarcasm, the LNP making business pay taxes? Surely you jest.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Pocock winning the ACT Senate seat adds to 26 ALP and 12 Greens Senators = 39 of the 76, meaning we can expect good, progressive legislation to pass with the Coalition, Hanson and Lambie unable to do anything to stop it.