Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
So much for covid lockdowns ruining the Vic economy:

Just had a look online at Murdoch's Herald 'Hun', surprise, surprise, there was no mention that Victoria had the best performing economy. I gave up after page nine, where they had a full page story about how "Dimma went off his head" :mad:

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
After trying to get a non existent job with the NRL, he's over in Japan to see if he can get the head job running Sumo wrestling.

"According to Nine'ss Danny Weidler, Morrison, who is a Cronulla Sharks fan, has approached "prominent rugby league figures" in a bid to become a director of the game.

ARLC chairman Peter V'landys has not personally been approached but other commissioners have, according to Weidler."

is he tho? saw some social media post of his before he became PM that listed all his interests- think Union got a mention, maybe cricket- no mention of the Sharks until he became PM.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
is he tho? saw some social media post of his before he became PM that listed all his interests- think Union got a mention, maybe cricket- no mention of the Sharks until he became PM.
He would've thought there was votes in it for him.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I think there is a bit of recency bias and we've forgotten how bad Abbott was.
i think there was general acceptance that Abbott was hopeless, even from News Ltd.
Morrison on the other hand was held up as smart, and a good politician, until it was so obvious that he was completely incompetent even SkyNews jumped off.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
i think there was general acceptance that Abbott was hopeless, even from News Ltd.
Morrison on the other hand was held up as smart, and a good politician, until it was so obvious that he was completely incompetent even SkyNews jumped off.

The Mad Monk was insane and had a weird, perverted agenda to roll back whatever Labor had initiated, but at least he had an agenda.

Morrison's agenda was simply to retain his own power and throw money at Hellsong.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
So much for covid lockdowns ruining the Vic economy:

It’s based on annual growth rates. Victoria with lock downs last year and none this year. While Tassie which was knocked off top spot last year had no lockdowns.

Be objective with how you read things.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
And if our politicians are saying all workers have the right to work from home then why not our MPs ?

Because Scomo is not in Japan on Aust business - as I understand it he was on a personal speaking role where he would have been paid - I could be wrong.

I have no dramas if people can work from home do so.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Because Scomo is not in Japan on Aust business - as I understand it he was on a personal speaking role where he would have been paid - I could be wrong.

I have no dramas if people can work from home do so.
As long as you monitor and report on the attendance of every MP of every party in sitting weeks you will have a case to enforce the presence of all our reps in the chambers.

The main parties have a pairing convention. Maybe the new PM will throw this out to make a point and humiliate Morrison once again?

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
As long as you monitor and report on the attendance of every MP of every party in sitting weeks you will have a case to enforce the presence of all our reps in the chambers.

The main parties have a pairing convention. Maybe the new PM will throw this out to make a point and humiliate Morrison once again?

Weren't the LNP refusing to pair some time in the last parliament? I seem to recall that and it was a bit rich given they had a tiny majority. I reckon the ALP should refuse to pair any LNP pollie who refuses to wear a mask and gets COVID.

DS

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

While you have a point about pollies often missing parliament for other engagements, I dont think Albanese will need to go out of his way to humiliate Morrison. He self inflicted enough of that while PM.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
While you have a point about pollies often missing parliament for other engagements, I dont think Albanese will need to go out of his way to humiliate Morrison. He self inflicted enough of that while PM.
On sitting weeks.... surprised how.many think that mps spend hours in the chamber earnestly listening to the debates and reading of the bills. After question time it's a stampede for the exit and the members bar (or has that gone to meet the new code of conduct Albanese has introduced? )

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Stuart Ayres caught out badly - claimed he had nothing to with it 12 hours before docs released showing his fingerprints all over everything.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Pork Barilaro has now taken down Ayres. Perrotet now is under extreme pressure as journos saying this should go beyond the internal inquiry to ICAC..fair enough too. I want the Premier testifying under oath that he knew nothing about this. Let's see how deep this fraud goes.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users