Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Perrottet is pooping his pants over this. Looks uncharacteristically nervous and discombobulated as the journos press him hard. It's very hard to believe he knew nothing about the Barilaro appointment and therefore reckon he'll end up resigning over this too.

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Perrottet is pooping his pants over this. Looks uncharacteristically nervous and discombobulated as the journos press him hard. It's very hard to believe he knew nothing about the Barilaro appointment and therefore reckon he'll end up resigning over this too.
I was stunned no journo asked him if he also knew about the appointment of Pork.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Watching Barilaro give evidence into him receiving and then resigning as the US trade ambassador, looks like a shyster to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Big news with the government getting climate legislation through the lower house and the greens/Pocock giving support for the upper house. This is the climate legislation the libs failed to deliver anything for 9 years in government. This is literally more important than anything the Libs did in the last decade, and Labor gets in done within 3 months of being in government.

Of course it doesn't go far enough, but it's a start, and the Greens have taken a pragmatic approach to this, which is good.

Also Biden getting very significant climate and infrastructure legislation through Congress in the US this week as well.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yep, it doesn't go far enough but it is a start and that is a good achievement.

Much as the Greens get lambasted for not doing the deal many years ago, the fundamental flaw with the deal years ago was that the scheme would subsidise fossil fuels, it really was an unacceptable deal.

This target, and now it is going to be a floor, is so much better. What I would have done if I was the ALP was said to the Greens, this is what we went to the election with, this is what we will pass, it is a target and we'll set that at 43% and try to beat it.

Trouble is the fossil fuel lobby still has massive power. It is bad enough that we are still relying so much on fossil fuels for electricity, but we export so much of the stuff it is ridiculous. Sooner or later Australia has to face the fact that we cannot keep digging that sh!t up and exporting it. We need to be exporting energy from the massive renewable resources we can so easily exploit.

Good start. Comparisons with the previous bunch of incompetent clowns is not really fair, the LNP are simply not serious about doing anything about climate change so there is no comparison. Now the government needs to make sure we really do get emissions down by at least 43%.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

Good start. Comparisons with the previous bunch of incompetent clowns is not really fair, the LNP are simply not serious about doing anything about climate change so there is no comparison. Now the government needs to make sure we really do get emissions down by at least 43%.

DS
It wasnt just climate change though. The Libs werent serious about doing anything about anything, other than getting re-elected.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Watching Barilaro give evidence into him receiving and then resigning as the US trade ambassador, looks like a shyster to me.
yep. and he looks messed up about what's going on ..

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
yeah. he's cooked ..

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Amazing. No respect for tradition, despite wanting to drag us back to the good old days. No respect for proper Liberal party values.

What a disastrous period Morrison has precided over. I mistakenly felt he was unfairly maligned a few years ago, how wrong I was.

Last edited:

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne

It really does go beyond rorting, I'd just about call it theft of tax payers money.

What a bunch of scumbags. Led but the worst Prime Minister Australia has EVER HAD.

Their current leader is cut from the same cloth.

Reactions: 2 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Surely Matthew Guy would have had at least two groomsmen at his wedding so he should be ok as long as no more of his staff jump ship.

How is this clown going to run the state when he can't even run his own office.

The Libs are in a perilous position :rolleyes: