Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

Governor General has confirmed that he signed Morrison into the portfolios.

Why the secret, why weren't the relevant cabinet ministers told?

No wonder Morrison told the church congregation not to trust governments.

Actual Australian head of state when?

I found this article quite amusing.

"The Morrison Cabinet was in uproar."

“Who the hell forgot to order the vaccines?” demanded Health Minister Scott Morrison.
“Fairly sure that was you,” ventured Finance Minister Scott Morrison.
“How in pity’s name could that have happened?” roared Prime Minister Scott Morrison.

“They were going to be very expensive, and you know we are committed to responsible economic management,” said Finance Minister Morrison.
“But turns out we needed the things and now the voters are getting restive,” said Prime Minister Morrison.
“Anyway, how much were they going to cost?”
“Quite a lot,” said Finance Minister Morrison.
“I’ve got an idea,” said Health Minister Morrison.
“Blame it on the little bloke who thinks he’s the health minister. Hunt. Silly enough to get himself sworn in publicly, so the voters will think he’s responsible.”
“But where will we get the money for the vaccines?” asked Health Minister Morrison. “And people are talking about RATs, whatever that could mean.”

“I’ve got an idea,” piped in Resources Minister Scott Morrison, who had been quietly listening to himself with interest.

“Good idea. Meanwhile, get rid of that bloke Cormann who thinks he’s the finance minister,” said Finance Minister Morrison. “Toss him the keys to the plane and send him off around the world to scare up votes for whatever foreign job he wants this week.”
“Ring up Clive Palmer and tell him he can open up another coal mine. He’s always at me. Put the squeeze on him for a couple of billion.”

“Hmm. Not a bad idea, but Palmer’s the wrong mark. Unreliable. Tossing his spare change at some new party. No. Make it Gina or Rio or something. No one cares about them digging up half of Western Australia. Who’d notice? Whole place is closed anyway. We ought to support big Clive’s court case to force the West open. Be a bit of lark, eh?” said PM Morrison.
“Not sure how that’d go in national cabinet,” said Health Minister Morrison.

“Well, that about wraps things up for the moment,” declared PM Morrison, looking meaningfully at himself.
“By the way. Been thinking about the next election. Need a home-run slogan: ‘All things to all men. Under heaven.’ Has a ring to it,” PM Morrison said.

“Quite, prime minister,” said Finance Minister Morrison, obsequious as always.

“Send in Porter, will you? And the governor-general, if absolutely required,” the PM ordered. “I need to be granted a few more portfolios.

“Don’t mention it to Porter, but I’ve got a lusting to be attorney-general, too.”

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I found this article quite amusing.

"The Morrison Cabinet was in uproar."

“Who the hell forgot to order the vaccines?” demanded Health Minister Scott Morrison.
“Fairly sure that was you,” ventured Finance Minister Scott Morrison.
“How in pity’s name could that have happened?” roared Prime Minister Scott Morrison.

“They were going to be very expensive, and you know we are committed to responsible economic management,” said Finance Minister Morrison.
“But turns out we needed the things and now the voters are getting restive,” said Prime Minister Morrison.
“Anyway, how much were they going to cost?”
“Quite a lot,” said Finance Minister Morrison.
“I’ve got an idea,” said Health Minister Morrison.
“Blame it on the little bloke who thinks he’s the health minister. Hunt. Silly enough to get himself sworn in publicly, so the voters will think he’s responsible.”
“But where will we get the money for the vaccines?” asked Health Minister Morrison. “And people are talking about RATs, whatever that could mean.”

“I’ve got an idea,” piped in Resources Minister Scott Morrison, who had been quietly listening to himself with interest.

“Good idea. Meanwhile, get rid of that bloke Cormann who thinks he’s the finance minister,” said Finance Minister Morrison. “Toss him the keys to the plane and send him off around the world to scare up votes for whatever foreign job he wants this week.”
“Ring up Clive Palmer and tell him he can open up another coal mine. He’s always at me. Put the squeeze on him for a couple of billion.”

“Hmm. Not a bad idea, but Palmer’s the wrong mark. Unreliable. Tossing his spare change at some new party. No. Make it Gina or Rio or something. No one cares about them digging up half of Western Australia. Who’d notice? Whole place is closed anyway. We ought to support big Clive’s court case to force the West open. Be a bit of lark, eh?” said PM Morrison.
“Not sure how that’d go in national cabinet,” said Health Minister Morrison.

“Well, that about wraps things up for the moment,” declared PM Morrison, looking meaningfully at himself.
“By the way. Been thinking about the next election. Need a home-run slogan: ‘All things to all men. Under heaven.’ Has a ring to it,” PM Morrison said.

“Quite, prime minister,” said Finance Minister Morrison, obsequious as always.

“Send in Porter, will you? And the governor-general, if absolutely required,” the PM ordered. “I need to be granted a few more portfolios.

“Don’t mention it to Porter, but I’ve got a lusting to be attorney-general, too.”

Now we know why he doesn’t hold a hose. Too much on his plate :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1 users
So Morrison didn't have any confidence in his Minister for Finance, Mathias Cormann doing his job. But he didn't mind spending millions of Australia dollars helping him get the Secretary General of the Organisation for Economic C0-operation and Development :mad:

What a freaking bizarre man Morrison is. Total narcissist and control freak.

The governor-general has to go too, enabling this BS. Criminal.

Reactions: 7 users
Time to get rid of the G.G. and have an Australian as our Head of State
Kerr was the last non Australian GG. Hayden the last job for the boys appointment. Was curious about their backgrounds given the state school talk ... three quarters of the Aussies were private school educated. Hayden selective state high. A Qld cop like Dutton.

Maybe can have quotas in politics and public sector for those who were educated in state schools.

True, but the cost of housing in these areas is ridiculous. My parents live in a catchment area for Glen Waverley High, or whatever it's called now. Non-stop cold calling from real estate agents, promise to sell within a couple of weeks, trying position the sale as 'secret' because they'll only list on WeChat....
That's where the Chinese are smart. They don't care for the sports facilities and wellness centres. So instead of blowing $200k in private school fees they bid up for a house in the catchment. The enrolment at GW would be 95% Chinese and south Asian mainly Brahmin Indians. (Mate of mine who bought in the zone long before the Chinese targeted the suburb sent his children to another state high... which was other was more mixed race ...
racist?)

I don't understand this argument and it's thrown out every time their is discussion on eliminating negative gearing.

If you abolish negative gearing and wouldn't you get more houses on the market as people sell off their 2nd, 3rd and sometimes 4th house. More people will buy rather than rent. The total pool of houses remain the same, just the mix of owners to renters would change?

I've posted before how I think negatove gearing only benefits a small section of society and has made already well off people even more well off (on paper at least) at the expense of their fellow taxpayer. Not many cleaners or child-care wporkers own rental properties. And the 50% CG discount is the cherry on top for these people.

That and eliminating refunds of franking credits for superfunds that already don't pay tax would be the first things I would change.
Plenty of mid income families... front line emergency etc teachers union officials..... have investment properties....many of whom are Labor voters

Kerr was the last non Australian GG. Hayden the last job for the boys appointment. Was curious about their backgrounds given the state school talk ... three quarters of the Aussies were private school educated. Hayden selective state high. A Qld cop like Dutton.

Maybe can have quotas in politics and public sector for those who were educated in state schools.
G.G. isn't our head of state

G.G. isn't our head of state

Hmm, bit technical there. Yes, the Queen is the Head of State but it is delegated to the GG.

Why do we need a separate head of state anyway? The government should be appointed by the lower house of parliament, sworn in by the Chief Justice of the High Court, and can only be sacked by the lower house of parliament. Once the parliament decides on which group of members are willing to hang together and form a government, then they get to choose the ministry, if that needs to go through parliament then it goes through parliament. The only oversight over parliament should be the people and we should have the right to recall members and to propose a referendum on any issue we like, would just need to sort out the best minimum number to trigger either of these. The people are sovereign, the parliament is supposed to be the representative of the people, why does this need oversight?

DS

That's where the Chinese are smart. They don't care for the sports facilities and wellness centres. So instead of blowing $200k in private school fees they bid up for a house in the catchment. The enrolment at GW would be 95% Chinese and south Asian mainly Brahmin Indians. (Mate of mine who bought in the zone long before the Chinese targeted the suburb sent his children to another state high... which was other was more mixed race ...
racist?)
Not sure how smart they are. They could pay half a million less for a house in Mulgrave or Wantirna South and send their kids on the bus to Caulfield Grammar or Wesley and put $300k in their pocket. Although admittedly capital growth would likely not be as high.

What crime?
the constitution is pretty vague on that to be fair 22.

How do you feel about a PM being secretly sworn in to ministerial positions, keeping it from us and seemingly even the relevant ministers?

Does that seem like good governance to you?