Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
Dont blame Dan for hating it here considering he is from the Top End! I no longer like Melbourne either and am looking forward to getting out of Danistan sooner rather than later.
where too?
Broadmeadows?
Frankston?

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Why did the father say back in 2017 that it was all over and done with then?
Not sure why. Have you read the article? The victim in this is the young man. Forget about the politics for a second. The police never investigated this case properly. Had they done so this 24 year old man may have had a better life and outcome.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
There are so many examples of cyclists getting killed or injured and the motor vehicle driver being let off or slapped with a wet lettuce leaf it is not funny.

The truck driver in Queensland who killed a guy riding to uni a few years back got off with a fine or something when he clearly overtook the cyclist without changing lanes (that's the law by the way). Illegal overtake leads to death, yeah, no problem, they're a cyclist, doesn't matter.

Most of the time the News Ltd media are busy blaming the cyclist for riding their road vehicle on a road.

This whole thing just smacks of News Ltd bashing anyone left of Trump.

The police are notorious for not doing anything about lots of complaints. Cyclists provide camera footage of close passes (illegal in most states) and the police do nothing. This case is so typical to anyone who cycles to get around.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
There are so many examples of cyclists getting killed or injured and the motor vehicle driver being let off or slapped with a wet lettuce leaf it is not funny.

The truck driver in Queensland who killed a guy riding to uni a few years back got off with a fine or something when he clearly overtook the cyclist without changing lanes (that's the law by the way). Illegal overtake leads to death, yeah, no problem, they're a cyclist, doesn't matter.

Most of the time the News Ltd media are busy blaming the cyclist for riding their road vehicle on a road.

This whole thing just smacks of News Ltd bashing anyone left of Trump.

The police are notorious for not doing anything about lots of complaints. Cyclists provide camera footage of close passes (illegal in most states) and the police do nothing. This case is so typical to anyone who cycles to get around.

DS

Don't want to start a car vs bike war, but there are rules on both sides that aren't followed that cause tension. I hate nothing more than being at a red light for some cyclist to come up on the inside and plop himself in front of me. He's over the line, he's come up along the inside when traffic is stopped at a red line, then he thinks it's his right to take off slowly in the middle of the lane because, well, because he's a bike.

Cyclists don't do themselves any favours.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Don't want to start a car vs bike war, but there are rules on both sides that aren't followed that cause tension. I hate nothing more than being at a red light for some cyclist to come up on the inside and plop himself in front of me. He's over the line, he's come up along the inside when traffic is stopped at a red line, then he thinks it's his right to take off slowly in the middle of the lane because, well, because he's a bike.

Cyclists don't do themselves any favours.

Depends on the conditions really. I'll only do that if the traffic is so bad that the cars are just going to get banked up a couple of hundred metres up the road. Otherwise I stop, yes in the middle of the lane (my lane), behind the last car stopped at the lights. In heavy traffic cars just slow you down, a lot, and most cyclists will tend to avoid heavy traffic as it is just too much of a hassle and slows you down too much. For safety you have to claim the lane, but going in front of cars who will just have to find a way past you a couple of hundred metres up the road in less congested traffic is just stupid, doesn't do the car driver or the cyclist any good and you end up with hassles you don't need.

I'll counter this with one of my bugbears! Cars flying past a bike just before a roundabout only to slam on the brakes and dawdle through the roundabout. The number of cars I could have rear-ended in this situation is massive. They fly past just before a roundabout where I, on a bicycle, can go through the roundabout a lot faster - I can approach the roundabout faster because I only need to stop 100KGs not 1,500 KGs and I can go around the roundabout faster too. They need to keep back, let me through and pass me on the road after the roundabout where they can go faster.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Not sure why. Have you read the article? The victim in this is the young man. Forget about the politics for a second. The police never investigated this case properly. Had they done so this 24 year old man may have had a better life and outcome.

If thats the Herald Sun article I don't have access and I don't trust them anyway.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Had a chuckle at this. Was looking through the apple news page on my iPad. The person editing the stories either doesn’t know much about AFL or Victoria. The subpage ( or whatever it’s called) had stories about the RFC. Or supposedly. A few articles about the club and an ex player. Then the story in the bottom right hand corner. :ROFLMAO:

1667631465013.png

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Had a chuckle at this. Was looking through the apple news page on my iPad. The person editing the stories either doesn’t know much about AFL or Victoria. The subpage ( or whatever it’s called) had stories about the RFC. Or supposedly. A few articles about the club and an ex player. Then the story in the bottom right hand corner. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 17386
Apple Mac duds. That's why I never use i-Phones. The only relative words in that title are Premier and Richmond.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Dont blame Dan for hating it here considering he is from the Top End! I no longer like Melbourne either and am looking forward to getting out of Danistan sooner rather than later.
Stay and help get Dan out instead.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
It'll only take completely rebuilding the farcically incompetent, corrupt and talent-free Victorian Liberal Party.

#Premier4Life
Hey c’mon, Matthew Guy is a pretty talented man. Just have a look at the grubby deals he got across the line as planning minister in the baileu and Napthine government’s.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Pretty poor work fueling conspiracy theories from a journo I normally have time for.
Prefer when Mick hounded the AFL. Anyways..Murdochian.

If anyone has read my opinions on here they would know I am not an Andrews fan (which doesn’t mean I don’t agree with many of the things he has done)
However there seems to be a blatant attack on him across the Murdoch media and also channel 9/ fairfax.
This particular one is appalling. As Andrews himself said , what is the point? Are there still these BS conspiracy stories out there?
Then there is the IBAC attack from Costello’s mob. I find that one bemusing because i can’t understand why a creditable news organisation would criticise an agency like IBAC for being concerned about natural justice being put at risk by publishing information from draft reports? How can anyone argue against that?
The Costello press is also reporting that it is unprecedented that a premier has been interviewed relating to 4 IBAC investigations but failing to say that for the 3 which have had final reports published there was no criticism of the premier in the report and no adverse findings against him.
I am *smile* sick of the press, this is garbage
( That being said I wouldn’t be surprised if the probity around the work awarded to the HWU in 2018 was lacking which is allegedly the subject of the draft IBAC report. The HWU is a terrible Union who poorly represent their members and have a history of mediocrity and sleaziness)

Reactions: 4 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
It'll only take completely rebuilding the farcically incompetent, corrupt and talent-free Victorian Liberal Party.

#Premier4Life
Dan Andrew’s makes Guy look like mother Teresa.

Andrew’s has more investigations against him than Rhys-Jones has had tribunal appearances.

Anyway they are all useless and full of *smile*. Australian politics right now is at its lowest. None of them are a leaders *smile*.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Dan Andrew’s makes Guy look like mother Teresa.

Andrew’s has more investigations against him than Rhys-Jones has had tribunal appearances.

Anyway they are all useless and full of *smile*. Australian politics right now is at its lowest. None of them are a leaders *smile*.
Can't disagree with any of that. Add the fact that Dan has accrued more debt than NSW, QLD and SA combined we're going to be in world of pain. Just glad his BRI EOI with his comrades in the CCP was torn up.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
The thing about Warner's FRONT PAGE article about the stairs is it simply collaberates Andrew's statement from when the incident happened.
Looks like the Lyndsay Fox conspiracy theory has shifted too.
Bloody hell this is the absolute pits of press in this country.

Bloody spongy soft *smile* this premier Dan bloke.
Old Dorrie of a missus only cracked five ribs going arse up n hitting the edge of a retaining wall last year. Didn't even go to hospital until she got a bit creaky a couple of days later n the local Doc cracked the *smile* at her.
Old mate Dan needs to harden the *smile* up.

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Probably a politics board post but Dan Andrews is a piece of *smile*. Hate the prick. I don’t blame anyone leaving VIC.

Last edited:

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
I put it down to the fact that the Herald Scum has nothing on Andrews, so they are rehashing old stories to get the cookers frothing at the mouth. Expect the branch stacking and red shirts to get a run in the coming weeks.

I wonder how much the Herald Scum are paying the cyclists family? What a coincidence he decided to speak to the Murduch Media 3 weeks from the election.
Hope anyone buying into this didn’t crack the *smile* with the Dusty video coming out just before the final…