Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Peter Dutton describes the reserve banks decision

To replace the queens head on our $5 note,

Not with the new king,

But with some indigenous iconography

As 'an attack on society' :rotfl1

the LNP are not capable of winding back the swing to the religious right.

Theyve loaded up on c *smile* s

Who are gonna make them completely irrelevant to modern Australia

Woo hoo.
Today we have seen the modern Liberal Party in all its glory

Dutton on the $5 note ( even managed to get a "woke" into his tirade), an ex PM in Abbott calling a person named by the Royal Commision as the head of an institution which protected pedaphiles as Australia's greatest every Catholic and some ex Ministers trying to defend how they wrecked people's lives with Robodebt.

What a morally bankrupt and out of touch opposition we have

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Today we have seen the modern Liberal Party in all its glory

Dutton on the $5 note ( even managed to get a "woke" into his tirade), an ex PM in Abbott calling a person named by the Royal Commision as the head of an institution which protected pedaphiles as Australia's greatest every Catholic and some ex Ministers trying to defend how they wrecked people's lives with Robodebt.

What a morally bankrupt and out of touch opposition we have

Yep theyre so deluded and ideologically obsessed,
Theyre gonna argue themselves and their institutions

Into irrelevance

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Not with the new king,

Woo hoo.
Buttonhead at his best. What a laughter this d-head continues to be.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
No, I’m calling out the Reserve Bank’s bullsht as well. Royce Hart should be on that $5 note. Everybody knows it.
That's poor., it should be hologram, or wiggle picture in the old parlance, where Dusty fends off some hapless opposition and spears it to Royce.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Not with the new king,

Woo hoo.

Come on Ezy, we can do a lot better than Dutton.

How about this.

The Australian Monarchist League claimed the following:

The Australian Monarchist League also disapproved, accusing Albanese – who is a long time supporter of Australia becoming a republic – of “trouncing Australian democracy”.

“It is virtually neo-communism in action,” said Philip Benwell, chair of the league.

That's right folks. Apparently, not including our head of state, who got that position by the divine right of kings, on one of our banknotes, is somehow trouncing democracy. I'd laugh but they are presumably serious. We trounce democracy by not paying homage to the person who got to be head of state 'cos, well, you know, his mum was head of state so he sort of got it once she left the building.

If overthrowing hereditary rule is neo-communism I can only assume communism, at least the neo brand, is more democratic than what they support.

DS

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Can't believe (actually, yeah I can) the wailing over dropping the Quenn on the $5. The Murdoch press globally are on about it. The now out of circulation $1 note had indigenous artwork on it. It's only fair it makes a comeback now that the old dear is dead.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Yep theyre so deluded and ideologically obsessed,
Theyre gonna argue themselves and their institutions

Into irrelevance

Its already too late for them. They will never win an election again in Victoria in its current form. They will never win an election again federally in its current form.

They are about to get destroyed in the NSW election, meaning the only Liberal state left is Tasmania. The next Tassie election is mid-2025, where they are doing a massive overhaul of their electoral boundaries adding 10 seats to their house of assembly… Which could make results unpredictable, although Tassie does have an older demographic.

Many are arguing the Liberals old school views are the problem. And yes, it is. But the bigger problem is population demographics. Millennials have now overtaken baby boomers. And millennials don’t vote Liberal.

The Liberals problems are not short term. They are legitimately fighting for survival. They need to modernise or die.

Yet conservative commentators keep telling us the Liberals problem is that they are not conservative enough. Its like they are living in a parallel universe :rotfl2

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

Not with the new king,

Woo hoo.
You'll probably find that in order to fit King Charles ears onto the $5 note, the note would've had to be increased in size. I can understand why they didn't want to go to all that trouble.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
So i watched Credlin and Bolt last night.

Extraordinary.

Credlin wasnt too bad by her standards,

But Bolts eyes were rolling back in his head on Pell.

He is one proper looney.

Utterly obsessed with The Communist ABC. Talks about the media in 3rd person, calls everyone who disagrees with his POV a marxist.

He got a guest commentator on- daisy cousins or someone - who could slot on shaun macallefs mad as hell, and you would *smile* yourself laughing

he played footage of Pells brothers eulogy and he is one strange hombre too.

He went full looney conspiracy theory.

Last edited:

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
So i watched Credlin and Bolt last night.

Extraordinary.

Credlin wasnt too bad by her standards,

But Bolts eyes were rolling back in his head on Pell.

He is one proper looney.

Utterly obsessed with The Communist ABC. Talks about the media in 3rd person, calls everyone who disagrees with his POV a marxist.

he played footage of Pells brothers eulogy and he is one strange hombre too.

He went full looney conspiracy theory.
Yet he is one of us, a die hard Richmond supporter.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I have to ask: why would you subject yourself to such suffering?

DS

Keep your friends close, and your enemys closer

Kind of stuff

It certainly takes the edge off the perplexity,

When you hear or read banal bigotted drivel in real life

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Bolt being a Richmond supporter is just about enough reason to shut the joint down.

How good would it be if Brendon Gale called a presser to say we've weighed it up and can no longer continue as a club because Bolt supports us so we are dissolving to make room for Tassie.

Would be a suitable slap in the face for the prick.

• Haha

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

Not with the new king,

Woo hoo.
It would be funny if it wasnt so sad that our dear opposition leader, and many conservative pollies and commentators get so upset that a rich english man wont appear on one of our notes, but reject the apology, the voice to parliament and many other actions as symbolism that wont protect a woman in Alice from DV.

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

Nurse who filmed Alice Springs video shares disturbing theory
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...tml?ito=native_share_article-nativemenubutton

This article breaks my heart. How can they do this to each other?
We spoke to Rachel and she confirmed she has been a fulltime cosmetic nurse for two years and has never worked as a nurse in remote Indigenous communities, in Alice Springs or elsewhere in the Northern Territory. “I never said I worked in Alice,” she said.

Neither is she a resident of Alice Springs, although she was repeatedly described as one in the media. She lives in Darwin, 1,500km away, and was visiting Alice Springs to give clients injectable and laser beauty treatments when she filmed the melee and became a magnet for the media.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
We spoke to Rachel and she confirmed she has been a fulltime cosmetic nurse for two years and has never worked as a nurse in remote Indigenous communities, in Alice Springs or elsewhere in the Northern Territory. “I never said I worked in Alice,” she said.

Neither is she a resident of Alice Springs, although she was repeatedly described as one in the media. She lives in Darwin, 1,500km away, and was visiting Alice Springs to give clients injectable and laser beauty treatments when she filmed the melee and became a magnet for the media.
Yeh, it smelt like the usual daily mail *smile*.

MB78 you are usually better than posting something like that. Watch the video, a bunch of kids creating trouble.

How anyone could fear for the life in those circumstances is crap. And to then publish her completely unqualified opinion is further crap

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Yeh, it smelt like the usual daily mail *smile*.

MB78 you are usually better than posting something like that. Watch the video, a bunch of kids creating trouble.

How anyone could fear for the life in those circumstances is crap. And to then publish her completely unqualified opinion is further crap
Disappointing to hear that this is a fabrication of the truth it helps no one. I would love to hear from real medical professionals who are on the ground.

As for people fearing for their life I say fair enough that they do. When blunt objects are thrown anything can happen.

I know a childcare worker who had to go to hospital in the last 12 months for a stapler being thrown at her head and splitting her open needing stitches. And the child was 4 years old.