Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Just was an interesting shot and goes against popular perception.

As the vote continues to splinter - with the combined major parties’ vote trending downwards and will continue to do so - I suppose we will continue to see strange bedfellow political relationships evolve, that go against what we might intuitively expect. Often some interesting ironies in those alliances.
There are African-Americans who vote Republican. In the South. Stupid is as stupid does. It knows no colour.
We got a nation of true believers.
Dunno about that. More like we've got a nation of just enough people sick of the grifting, lying, crooked, planet-and-koala-killing incompetent KHunts of the Lying Naturally Parties.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
There are African-Americans who vote Republican. In the South. Stupid is as stupid does. It knows no colour.

Dunno about that. More like we've got a nation of just enough people sick of the grifting, lying, crooked, planet-and-koala-killing incompetent KHunts of the Lying Naturally Parties.
Yeah of little faith:)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
If Labor had not won today, koalas would have become extinct in NSW within a decade or two. Land clearing of old growth forests would have continued apace, and Sydney Water would have been privatised. Would have been an unmitigated disaster - or more accurately, four more years of unmitigated disaster to follow the last 12. The state would have been bankrupt too.

Yeah of little faith:)
Labor just has to stand up straight and not pilfer the cutlery to hold power for the next decade. The Libs/Nats are a rabble. of useless sh!teating f*kwit c*nts.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Mind you. Society is far more complex and nuanced than popularly perceived voting preferences give credit to.

For example, a traditionalist Anglo Aussie in the regions may find they have more in common across a range of socio-cultural, policing, security etc issues with a Hindu 1st or 2nd generation migrant than they do with their inner urban Anglo counterparts. Like I say, some ironies in that.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
And just when you thought the Victorian Liberal Party couldn’t get any worse…..

Not sure it serves any purpose now. Totally lost, defective, weak, out of touch. Pesutto in trouble ALREADY.

Rabble would be a kind description.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I was looking at the state of play pre-Saturday night and for the life of me, I couldn’t see how Labor could form a majority. 40 of the 46 coalition seats had margins of 5% or higher. And Labor need to win 9 seats to form a majority. But some of those swings are unbelievable.

Simon Earle could win Miranda, which requires a 14.4% swing. Simon Earle was Morrisons opponent in last years federal election. I follow him on twitter and he seems like a cracking bloke. Good luck to him.

I’ve noticed the usual conservative suspects continue to run the “The Liberals need to be more conservative” line. They really are intent on self-destruction.

And then today, Pesutto fails to get Deeming expelled. f@rkin hell they are a rabble. Pesutto already looks like a dead man walking.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Lolol They had it all back in 2007,,IT DIDN'T LAST LONG .and it won't last long with all the arse kissing to CHINA.

Is that you John Howard? :mhihi

This will last a very long time. Even if the Liberals get their act together, it won’t change anything unless they reinvent themselves ideologically. If not, they are doomed for good as a political force.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Lolol They had it all back in 2007,,IT DIDN'T LAST LONG .and it won't last long with all the arse kissing to CHINA.
Libs didn't last long either because they're all cumdunt leaders. Federal and State. They need to grow some brains. At least Kennett had some.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I was looking at the state of play pre-Saturday night and for the life of me, I couldn’t see how Labor could form a majority. 40 of the 46 coalition seats had margins of 5% or higher. And Labor need to win 9 seats to form a majority. But some of those swings are unbelievable.

Simon Earle could win Miranda, which requires a 14.4% swing. Simon Earle was Morrisons opponent in last years federal election. I follow him on twitter and he seems like a cracking bloke. Good luck to him.

I’ve noticed the usual conservative suspects continue to run the “The Liberals need to be more conservative” line. They really are intent on self-destruction.

And then today, Pesutto fails to get Deeming expelled. f@rkin hell they are a rabble. Pesutto already looks like a dead man walking.
1679889787967.png

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Sometimes I wonder if they believe the *smile* they come out with, or whether they are just saying it because they get paid too.

Surely no one can be that stupid*

*Cookers obviously exempt from that statement

Rita Panahi used to be on SEN with Harford about 15 years ago and my memory was that her “Rippa Rita” segment was quite popular.

I don’t recall her having hard right views in those days. Did she hide them? Or does she just exaggerate them now to help her career in the Murdoch Media? I would suggest it’s the latter. And I would suggest she is not on her own in that department.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Rita Panahi used to be on SEN with Harford about 15 years ago and my memory was that her “Rippa Rita” segment was quite popular.

I don’t recall her having hard right views in those days. Did she hide them? Or does she just exaggerate them now to help her career in the Murdoch Media? I would suggest it’s the latter. And I would suggest she is not on her own in that department.
Wasn't that long ago. Used to be when KB was still on. I liked her then, don't mind her now except the political side.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Is that you John Howard? :mhihi

This will last a very long time. Even if the Liberals get their act together, it won’t change anything unless they reinvent themselves ideologically. If not, they are doomed for good as a political force.
REALLY ,l wonder if they the ALP will do a big back flip with nuclear power ,oh that's right it's good enough for the Sub's to use it ,and for all our Naval troops to be around it,but it's not good enough for us to use it as a constant power source.
While other countries keep progressing we twiddle our thumbs wondering how they are going to keep the power on.
It's just a matter of time before the Labor/Greens *smile* up,and it's coming FAST
Libs didn't last long either because they're all cumdunt leaders. Federal and State. They need to grow some brains. At least Kennett had some.
They lasted longer than what Labor will ,seriously with all the anti China sentiment around,,Taiwan,spy camera's ,Tik tok,and China trying to tell us not to get Nuclear subs ,and then you have AUKUS ,which is really a anti China pact.
So our great Labor leaders go on a arse kissing mission ,god help us if China invades Taiwan ,they won't know what side they are on .
As for desperate Dan ,he's run out of money ,and no one want's to invest in his projects ,so he will try and sell more of Victoria's infrastructure to his China mates,40 Billion of China's money in Victoria .
His government can't even provide paper work needed at a royal commission for Justice and child protection systems for victorian aboriginals

Penny Wrong goes running around throwing money at pacific islands ,because of China trying to get foot hold in the pacific

While other countries find alternatives to China ,Labor keep pandering

• Haha