Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Geelong Council another lot getting on the do gooders bandwagon to not recognize Australia Day. Wonder who the next lot will be.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Geelong Council another lot getting on the do gooders bandwagon to not recognize Australia Day. Wonder who the next lot will be.

So you are presumably on the side of the do badders.

Personally I prefer to do good rather than screw people over, but that's just me.

DS

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Wa premier Mark McGowan has announced that he's stepping down, will finish up in a weeks time.

• Wow

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Nine PWC employees sent on leave, they should be sent to gaol.

I'm sick of Australia being a soft touch, Multi Nationals laugh at us :mad:

A RoyalCommission is in order.

Why so long?​

"The first question might be about the epic time it's taken from the alleged breaches to get to here: a criminal investigation.

In September 2018 Treasury was asked to provide information to the ATO about a possible breach of the confidentiality in relation to multinational tax avoidance laws, after the tax office was reportedly shocked by how quickly PwC clients were getting around the new schemes
."

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
How did he keep winning preselection? Probably branch stacked by his church, same denomination as Morrison I believe.
Of all the politicians of recent times Robert is the one i despise the most. Pollies like Hansen, Christensen, Joyce etc are all open about who they are. Robert is supposedly a good catholic, while practicing politics that are anything but what the church would respect. and is corrupt.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Nah, he's a Pentecostal Christian
Yep, that's why Morrison put him back on the front bench after he should have been made to resign, both of the same persuasion.
The Pentecostals are branch stackers.

Last edited:

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
ASIC should step in.

No they shouldn't, the biggest weapon in their arsenal is the wet lettuce leaf.

The Federal Police should step in, arrest the PwC culprits, shove them in gaol and deny them bail. Fines do nothing to a huge firm like PwC, incarcerating their employees, now that's something they will understand. Plus, no more consultancies and let's start an investigation into the other 3 large rip-off consultancy firms.

DS

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Nine PWC employees sent on leave, they should be sent to gaol.

I'm sick of Australia being a soft touch, Multi Nationals laugh at us :mad:

A RoyalCommission is in order.

Why so long?​

"The first question might be about the epic time it's taken from the alleged breaches to get to here: a criminal investigation.

In September 2018 Treasury was asked to provide information to the ATO about a possible breach of the confidentiality in relation to multinational tax avoidance laws, after the tax office was reportedly shocked by how quickly PwC clients were getting around the new schemes
."

Whilst i don’t necessarily disagree with any of this if we think that this does not happen with other firms, hasn’t happened in the past and doesn’t happen in other parts of the world I reckon we are kidding ourselves.

That doesn’t make it right but in a way PWC are bearing the brunt of an industry practice .

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
So PWC currently have 54 contracts with the Dept of Defence, totaling over 230m in value. Would love to know how that can be justified

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
So PWC currently have 54 contracts with the Dept of Defence, totaling over 230m in value. Would love to know how that can be justified

Yes, I heard that on the news. WTF are they doing consulting for defence? Are they experts on defence now along with anything else they claim to be experts on? Bunch of bean counters claiming they know about everything, next they will want to foist economists on us.

DS

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Yes, I heard that on the news. WTF are they doing consulting for defence? Are they experts on defence now along with anything else they claim to be experts on? Bunch of bean counters claiming they know about everything, next they will want to foist economists on us.

DS

Gets worse, they're also the biggest consultant to the AFP. AND the ATO went to the AFP about PWC concerns in 2018. Questions need to be asked of the AFP as well.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

DS
David these consulting firms had their genesis as accountants but they are far more than that now. They have consultants across a myriad of disciplines and industries.

Their MO is to employ senior people from those industries who then act as advisers to the sector they left.

Reactions: 1 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
David these consulting firms had their genesis as accountants but they are far more than that now. They have consultants across a myriad of disciplines and industries.

Their MO is to employ senior people from those industries who then act as advisers to the sector they left.
You'd have to think the government would do better having a department set up to specifically bring in consultants for defined periods of time / buying it's own expertise for areas that are potentially going to get a lot of government funding. The mark-ups on labor by consultancies will be eye watering.