Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Some peeps on 'ere need to stop watching "the project". Gots to get a dose of Murdoch to calm the nerves.
Like it hasnt happened before, and wont happen again.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Some peeps on 'ere need to stop watching "the project". Gots to get a dose of Murdoch to calm the nerves.
Jesus Christ.

I don't watch The Project and I wouldn't even wipe my arse with a Murdoch rag. Maybe you need to widen your reading. Try The Monthly, The Conversation, Independent Australia, The New Daily, for quality independent reporting.

A dose of Murdoch. *smile* me dead.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Sure it's happened before and they have been allowed to get away with it. People of the cloth have been molesting innocent children for years too, and getting away with it. It doesn't mean that it shouldn't be called out.

Reactions: 1 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Jesus Christ.

I don't watch The Project and I wouldn't even wipe my arse with a Murdoch rag. Maybe you need to widen your reading. Try The Monthly, The Conversation, Independent Australia, The New Daily, for quality independent reporting.

A dose of Murdoch. **** me dead.
Perhaps you need to stop reading your recommendations for a bit, if this has overwhelmed you how are you going to deal with the real problems in the world.

Reactions: 1 user

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Sure it's happened before and they have been allowed to get away with it. People of the cloth have been molesting innocent children for years too, and getting away with it. It doesn't mean that it shouldn't be called out.
Bit of a lomg bow tiger.
A pork barrel is a pork barrel. This particular one isnt an illegal activity.
Not even a comparision with the religion stuff, all religions can GAGF as far as i am concerned.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Bit of a lomg bow tiger.
A pork barrel is a pork barrel. This particular one isnt an illegal activity.
Not even a comparision with the religion stuff, all religions can GAGF as far as i am concerned.
Remembering of course that the Labour Party set up the Royal Commission into child sexual abuse after successive liberal governments refused to call one.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Remembering of course that the Labour Party set up the Royal Commission into child sexual abuse after successive liberal governments refused to call one.
No one is denying that one tiger.
Still doesnt make the comparison between the sports funding which wasnt illegal and is known as pork barreling and sponsored systemic child abuse from paedophiles under the cloak of religion the same thing. Not even close.
The sports funding is just the next grab to distract us from labors failings at the last election.
Labour need to look much more introspectively at their structure and their personnel as this type of distraction is just that. Labor are in a world of hurt and dont know how to turn it around.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
the labour party has been in power for 4 years of the past 24 and still the Liberals and Nationals blame them for so much.

weird.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I sure as heck don't trust this Federal Government to handle the Corona Virus effectively after the Bushfire debacle.
They seem reactive rather than proactive when it comes to our safety in a crisis. What aren't they telling us here?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
the labour party has been in power for 4 years of the past 24 and still the Liberals and Nationals blame them for so much.

weird.
the state liberal party have been in power 4 of the past 20 years and still the state Labor party blame them for so much.

weird.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Maybe if Dan the Man had used some of that billion dollars he pissed down the drain cancelling contracts that wouldn't cost anyone a cent there wouldn't have been any Vic sports clubs needing a grant.
Looking like he's gunna **** another billion or two of our money down the drain with the **** going on over his contaminated tunnel circus.

Politicians, nothing but liars, cheats n arseholes all with their hand in the tax payers wallet all the way up to the shoulder.
I agree that the east west tunnel should have been built and the contract was cancelled for political reasons. However there is far more to it than that.
The fact is that it should never have been awarded in the first place because the LNP rushed through a process that completely ignored the standard large project pathway and they did that also for purely political purposes, to get it done before an election.
So what we had was a very poor process leading to a project being rushed through without proper scrutiny and a cancellation of a contract for purely political purposes all leading to a good project not getting done.
it was like an episode of Utopia

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
I don’t have it, just like artball didn’t have it.

But you didn’t ask him for it.......
You never get a balanced view from this crew, ever.
Blame blame blame. That's what they do. Oh and they do it well.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
The tunnel should have been built full stop.
Melbourne is the birthplace for politically motivated misalignment of tax payers coin.
For any Dan the man supporters on here having a whinge about the feds well they just make me laugh. Big old belly laugh actually. For his failures are plentiful and well supported, but only visable to some.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
No one is denying that one tiger.
Still doesnt make the comparison between the sports funding which wasnt illegal and is known as pork barreling and sponsored systemic child abuse from paedophiles under the cloak of religion the same thing. Not even close.
The sports funding is just the next grab to distract us from labors failings at the last election.
Labour need to look much more introspectively at their structure and their personnel as this type of distraction is just that. Labor are in a world of hurt and dont know how to turn it around.

Pork Barreling should be illegal.
It will be always be to the Liberal Party's eternal shame that successive governments refused to a call a Royal Commission into child sexual abuse.
Give me the Labour parties legacy while they have been in Government over the Liberal parties legacy every day of the week.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Pork Barreling should be illegal.
It will be always be to the Liberal Party's eternal shame that successive governments refused to a call a Royal Commission into child sexual abuse.
Give me the Labour parties legacy while they have been in Government over the Liberal parties legacy every day of the week.
It isnt illegal, its politics. Maybe it should be maybe not, the places that receive funds dont complain though do they. Right or wrong its everyones money. I like pork barreling personally in relation to road works and public infrastructure creation. Sometimes It works and othertimes it doesn't.
Fair enough tiger regarding the church. Each to their own.
Personally i see the shame on the country for allowing the church abhorent access to kids is not a liberal or labor legacy, its our legacy. Its been allowed to go on for generations but some only want to hold recent governments to account. I dont see it that way.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I agree that the east west tunnel should have been built and the contract was cancelled for political reasons. However there is far more to it than that.
The fact is that it should never have been awarded in the first place because the LNP rushed through a process that completely ignored the standard large project pathway and they did that also for purely political purposes, to get it done before an election.
So what we had was a very poor process leading to a project being rushed through without proper scrutiny and a cancellation of a contract for purely political purposes all leading to a good project not getting done.
it was like an episode of Utopia
So what were the improved levels of planning process, scrutiny n political purposes utilised in our other tunnel that's also not getting built? I've found over the years that both mobs are extremely competent at shoveling bull *smile*, trashing huge amounts of money n *smile* up just about every major thing they touch all at the poor farkwit voters expense.