Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Did you me ingest the the stimulus package;)

true. the WA lobster industry is reeling.

The Libs could sleep soundly if they just paid lobstermen (boat owners only) all the cash and tell them to send Gina the catch.

Then The lobstermen (boat owners only) would buy houses in Cottesloe and the Cottesloe real estate agents would buy new suits and the tailors would buy new sewing machines.

economy stimulated as *smile*, Libs dont feel ideologically violated by giving our money to people who need money, and Gina gets semi-trailers full of lobsters which she could eat and snap freeze to sell to Aldi for the people with no money to have something to aspire to. Then they would all get off their lazy arses and get out there and marry a mining magnate to dig black fellas country up and ship it to china to build hospital, head down to Aldi and pick up a hard-earned Lobster and have ugly toad black hearted kids who pay no tax, but instead donate heaps to the Liberal party.

its a win:win.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The Liberals are entirely forgetting who they are.

1. first trying to ban the use of 10 grand cash (this is fundamentally, ideologically against everything the Liberals believe in - individuals right to use hard earned government issued currency to buy goods and services) - sure their mates on bank boards wrote this policy. But 2 years jail for paying a small business for your enterprising nanas coffin in cash? Not very Liberal at all. personal freedom shmeedom; and

2. Economic stimulus? OOOOOOOwwwwwww this must make their throats constrict. They'll spin it as beloved tax breaks, but its not. Its Liberals being Labour.

where will they stop? Ban heated pools at grammar schools and hire more public teachers? Screen print the Eureka flag on their blue ties?

They'll have to build a wall around the entire coastline, build yacht clubs in Western Sydney or something just to be able to look at themselves in the mirror

crazy times indeed

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Can’t at all be Labor’s policies right?
i reckon a fair proportion of voters, for all parties, couldnt actually name many policies, much less give details and the pros and cons of them.

i am still waiting to hear how the government less market driven utopia would help keep people safe in present times?

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
i reckon a fair proportion of voters, for all parties, couldnt actually name many policies, much less give details and the pros and cons of them.

i am still waiting to hear how the government less market driven utopia would help keep people safe in present times?
#Denier

True, thankfully we have our gracious protectors in Canberra to save us all.

Last edited:

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
ill take that as an admission that your libertarian utopia is would be woefully inadequate to deal with an issue like this.
Well you often take 1 + 1 as equaling 5 so I’m not surprised. In the meantime, let’s be thankful our friends in Canberra are not woefully inadequate at surrounding us with their protective bosom.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Yes, me too. Even the Libs did. Goes to show the unhealthy power wielded by a malevolent media in a monopoly market.
Labor only have themselves to blame.
They had a perfect opportunity and right and royally *smile* it up.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Yes, me too. Even the Libs did. Goes to show the unhealthy power wielded by a malevolent media in a monopoly market.

and that some *smile* knuckle pimply advisor who read the compendium of political popularity focus group data and tells Shorten he should put on a tracksuit and go jogging, can change the course of a nation.

A brisk walk was all it would have taken.

But Shorten's skeleton is 100% certified civic bone free. He's just another smeagal scrapping and scheming over the ring. 'Gives it to me'.

we need a leader, and we need them soon.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
It would be a pointless exercise as so many are prepared to submit to slavery in the hope their masters will protect them.

Whereas in wonderful capitalism you get "free labour", which just means you get to choose which master you have to submit to. Unless you own capital you must sell labour and at work they get to tell you what to do, what you can wear, when you do things etc, no wonder it is called wage slavery.

All you are proposing is privatising coercive relationships, authoritarianism with a choice of master is still authoritarianism.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Cash rate now 0.25% with ScoMo to announce some other stimulus.

* closing the borders from 9:00pm tomorrow for foreigners.

Last edited:

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Cash rate now 0.25% with ScoMo to announce some other stimulus.

* closing the borders from 9:00pm tomorrow for foreigners.

Not impressed personally. They believe the main issue is credit availability etc in order to maintain jobs. That's plainly incorrect. Businesses will cut jobs, they won't take on additional debt in order to protect jobs in the short term. What they needed was a co-ordinated approach that protected jobs, through incentivising businesses to retain employees even when revenues don't support maintaining that headcount. I don't believe these actions will do that.

Reactions: 5 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Not impressed personally. They believe the main issue is credit availability etc in order to maintain jobs. That's plainly incorrect. Businesses will cut jobs, they won't take on additional debt in order to protect jobs in the short term. What they needed was a co-ordinated approach that protected jobs, through incentivising businesses to retain employees even when revenues don't support maintaining that headcount. I don't believe these actions will do that.

Feels like we are being run by dumb and dumber, but when you look at them it appears to be smug and smugger.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Everything is built on the credit system. Without it everything collapses.