Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Not sure you can have it both ways HR.
You either believe in stimulus in times like this or you don’t.
Sure, never said i didn't and definately never said the LNP did either.
Stimulus is what you make of it though. Give the man a fish or teach a man to fish.
I never got me a new TV, and I voted differently at the next election.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Sure, never said i didn't and definately never said the LNP did either.
Stimulus is what you make of it though. Give the man a fish or teach a man to fish.
I never got me a new TV, and I voted differently at the next election.
And of course the people who Howard and Costello gave thousands of dollars to in the baby bonus scheme didn't buy any TV's:rolleyes:

A mates daughter is a junkie, she had 5 children under the baby bonus scheme.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Some truths are eternal.

“I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any hon. Gentleman will question it." [John Stuart Mill, in a Parliamentary debate with the Conservative MP, John Pakington, May 31, 1866.]

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The current government were dragged kicking and screaming to provide stimulus in the current situation - it doesn't fit their ideology to intervene. If you want proof of this look at their initial response, it was pathetic and had to be increased exponentially.

Everyone has made mistakes, at least they have learned that their ideology is ill-equipped to deal with the pandemic and the knock on effects to the economy and taken action.

I wouldn't say they are doing a splendid job, they are getting crap for the massive miscalculation just as any government would. At least the right wing cheer quad which dominates the media are softening the blow for them.

DS

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The LNP were correct in the GFC, you mean we should have had a recession?

The media is on the ALP's side, what Rupert?

Yeah right (wing that is).

DS
The RWFWs are so used to bitching and moaning about everything they have to invent new stuff to whinge about. .

The media on the ALP's side? That's gold. With David Speers, Leigh Sales, Fran Kelly and Hamish McDonald (he's probably the most balanced from the little I've seen) heading up the ABC flagships, Ita has even got Aunty cheerleading and excusing for this corrupt, inept government.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
And of course the people who Howard and Costello gave thousands of dollars to in the baby bonus scheme didn't buy any TV's:rolleyes:

A mates daughter is a junkie, she had 5 children under the baby bonus scheme.
What about cash refunds of franking credits? That's a cash bonus to lots of people.
Another Howard/Costello one

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
What about cash refunds of franking credits? That's a cash bonus to lots of people.
Another Howard/Costello one
Yes, and they allowed their fat cat mates to rip $1 million out of their family trusts and put it into their superannuation.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
  • Meanwhile the Feds have increased internet surveillance
  • are stripping away even more environmental regulations and protections post bushfires
  • are now planning remove even more workers' rights even though the pandemic has demonstrated how vulnerable our casualised workforce is, through the removal of the awards system and enterprise agreements
  • employed a man who works for Saudi oil to write a report recommending that the government build the infrastructure for gas pipelines opening up a lucrative export market for big foreign companies instead of investing in renewables
  • are already talking austerity which will cripple the post-pandemic economic recovery
  • Scomo now claiming he will build up skills training after the LNP has ripped billions out of TAFE and vocational education for the past 7 years

Reactions: 4 users

TV Josh

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2005
Melbourne, VIC
The federal government has done a bloody good job. The opposition only want to distract from this. How ridiculous is it that people actually are whinging about the jobseeker stuff. After the Corona19 issues this is what people are hung up on!
WA state government has done a bloody good job. McGowan will be back for another term in a landslide IMO.
Not so sure about QLD and NSW.

WA didn't need this. ANOTHER Infected boat received permission from the Federal Government to dock.
Peter Dutton - utterly useless and incapable of stopping the boats that matter. The sooner the LNP send him to the backbench the better for the people of Australia.

TV Josh

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2005
Melbourne, VIC
Seriously, how can Dutton's department STILL not have a protocol for testing naval crewmembers for COVID-19 BEFORE the ships dock at port?! It's not rocket science! You send a Border Force boat out with the testing kits and medical staff to test the crew while the ship is offshore FFS.

I'd be absolutely filthy if I was living in Fremantle right now. The whole enquiry into Ruby Princess has also gone very quiet. The LNP has a lot to answer for here.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
  • Meanwhile the Feds have increased internet surveillance
  • are stripping away even more environmental regulations and protections post bushfires
  • are now planning remove even more workers' rights even though the pandemic has demonstrated how vulnerable our casualised workforce is, through the removal of the awards system and enterprise agreements
  • employed a man who works for Saudi oil to write a report recommending that the government build the infrastructure for gas pipelines opening up a lucrative export market for big foreign companies instead of investing in renewables
  • are already talking austerity which will cripple the post-pandemic economic recovery
  • Scomo now claiming he will build up skills training after the LNP has ripped billions out of TAFE and vocational education for the past 7 years

There is no hope.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I guess by suggesting it as a strange comment you are also suggesting that Labor created the cash windfall that you so claim saved the "bubble Aus" from the GFC. Labor took the easy option, gift money to those who will buy a plasma TV. That saved us.
Anyway, this current Government is doing a splendid job and deserve your appreciation, at least recognise that their actions saved us from something far greater than the GFC.
the Libs sent out $750 cheques to many, and will do again soon, not means tested.
The Libs are giving workers pay rises by paying anyone eligible $750/week regardless of their previous income.

but yes, only Labor gave money for plasma TVs.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
The RWFWs are so used to bitching and moaning about everything they have to invent new stuff to whinge about. .

The media on the ALP's side? That's gold. With David Speers, Leigh Sales, Fran Kelly and Hamish McDonald (he's probably the most balanced from the little I've seen) heading up the ABC flagships, Ita has even got Aunty cheerleading and excusing for this corrupt, inept government.
i reckon those you named are good journos (tho not sold on McDonald). They typically question the decisions of the government of the day, and question the opposition- this hard questioning is what leads right wingers to label the media as left wing- they are more accustomed to the nutters on Sky after dark and the Herald Sun.

Reactions: 1 users