Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I am sure Morrison would be as generous with taxpayer funds if it was Rudd, or Turnbull seeking a spot on the OECD board.

What the actual ####?:mad:

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Porkbarrelling is fine now apparently. I honestly don't understand how Gladys is still Premier? She's had an absolute shocker this past month.

126206599_2838248029728925_2641678392675417970_o.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Porkbarrelling is fine now apparently. I honestly don't understand how Gladys is still Premier? She's had an absolute shocker this past month.
Unfortunately both sides do it. And have done it since day dot. And never get held to account.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Just as well we dont have a Labor government. They would waste taxpayer money.
I imagine the budget for OS travel still has a bit of fat in it. Labour did support his nomination for the OECD Presidents role. Not sure they've railed against this plane use?

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I am sure Morrison would be as generous with taxpayer funds if it was Rudd, or Turnbull seeking a spot on the OECD board.

Rudd did run for sec gen of the UN and as I recall he wasn’t even backed by our government at the time. I think Turnbull was PM then?
Not that I think Kevin07 would be a decent UN head

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I understand that having someone as a head of some economic body is good, but this kind of expense for an ex government minister is ridiculous.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I understand that having someone as a head of some economic body is good, but this kind of expense for an ex government minister is ridiculous.
Where does the ridiculousness stop?
  1. He won't get it.
  2. He's spouting off about a green-led recovery, like people don't have memories or the ability to look things up.
  3. Australian taxpayers are forking out $4000 PER HOUR to fly him around the world in a luxury suite with wings, to interviews that everyone else is doing via Zoom. Is he going to pick some Cubans up off Hockey and bring them back in his boogie board bag?
  4. He sided with Dutton against Morrison in the leadership spills so it's not even like Scumo is paying off a debt. Which leads me to conclude:
  5. He's got dirt.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

Presents a problem for left and right wing media.
No doubt. We should be against it whoever is in government. There is plenty going on a state level as well from both sides of the political aisle.
I’m just sick of it to be honest.

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Yeah dude the rule of public drunkeness applied when you were outside the pub, not inside.
They'll get pissed elsewhere and go to the pub for fights.

Coppers in Victoria must be over the moon.

Such a cockeyed plan for keeping Aboriginals out of jail. By extension of this logic, they should decriminalise domestic violence. Then incest.

Don't be a cheerleader and support lunacy.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I guess it's lucky Muslim Terrorists don't drink alcohol.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
They'll get pissed elsewhere and go to the pub for fights.

Coppers in Victoria must be over the moon.

Such a cockeyed plan for keeping Aboriginals out of jail. By extension of this logic, they should decriminalise domestic violence. Then incest.

Don't be a cheerleader and support lunacy.

Look I could argue this rationally but I won't support your lunacy by responding further.

Good day sir.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I thought they did that a few years ago?

I'm not sure anyone who drinks to the point of their behaviour requiring police intervention would have ever paused and thought I better not finish this drink or I might get pinched for public drunkeness anyway. I don't think it has any deterrent value as a law.
Come back to me when your kid is in a coma having been knocked senseless by a hopeless angry drunk staggering between pubs.