Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Who you mean when you say "they don't consider it an issue". Drunk and let into the defence ministers office!!
I'd be interested what Morrison response is when asked what he thinks about a security guard unlocking the defence ministers door for 2 drunk Liberal Party staffers.
A massive security breach for mine.
he will prob say they have done it for Labor staffers too.

Reactions: 1 user

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

"She has told the newspaper she has come forward to help Ms Higgins shine a light on the culture in Federal Parliament, and suggested her assault may never have happened if Ms Higgins had been properly supported in 2019."

Reactions: 1 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Time for Morisson to commission a Do Better Report.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

"She has told the newspaper she has come forward to help Ms Higgins shine a light on the culture in Federal Parliament, and suggested her assault may never have happened if Ms Higgins had been properly supported in 2019."
You can imagine the goings-on in the Liberal with the alleged rape of Ms Higgins just before the election. The Prime Ministers office would have to have been made aware of the allegation. As per normal, everyone in the PMO would've know except the Prime Minister:rolleyes:

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
You can imagine the goings-on in the Liberal with the alleged rape of Ms Higgins just before the election. The Prime Ministers office would have to have been made aware of the allegation. As per normal, everyone in the PMO would've know except the Prime Minister:rolleyes:

He definitely knew. He made a slip up on the date it was reported to the PMOs office, he started to say the actual date rather than the recent date.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
He definitely knew. He made a slip up on the date it was reported to the PMOs office, he started to say the actual date rather than the recent date.
No, he said April 4th and then sat down. Then he realised what he said, stood up and said "no, February 12th"

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I know someone who was an industry lobbyist in Canberra for many years flying in from Melbourne on a constant basis.

His comment to me a few years ago was that it should be called Bonkerra because of the amount of “extra curricular” activity going on. Remember that a lot of the people working in Canberra live elsewhere.

There was or is definitely a culture of what happens in Canberra stays in Canberra.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
That's just any workplace though isn't it? I know it applies to hospitals and teacher and coppers tell me everyone is shagging everyone there as well.

Long may it continue.
Depends on the circumstances.

in many cases it is about a very powerful man exercising it over a much less powerful woman.

That’s not ok

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I know someone who was an industry lobbyist in Canberra for many years flying in from Melbourne on a constant basis.

His comment to me a few years ago was that it should be called Bonkerra because of the amount of “extra curricular” activity going on. Remember that a lot of the people working in Canberra live elsewhere.

There was or is definitely a culture of what happens in Canberra stays in Canberra.
as long as they are consenting adults, there are no power imbalances, and they are politicians preaching family values while having affairs on the side, it is not a problem.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
as long as they are consenting adults, there are no power imbalances, and they are politicians preaching family values while having affairs on the side, it is not a problem.
There are power imbalances.
The young woman who says yes to her much more powerful boss only because she is worried about her career prospects or maybe even losing her job?
Is that illegal, probably not, you can argue that they are consenting adults. But it is sexual harassment and it is a use of power for sex.
It of course happens in a lot of places not just Canberra.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
The young woman who says yes to her much more powerful boss only because she is worried about her career prospects or maybe even losing her job?
Is that illegal, probably not, you can argue that they are consenting adults. But it is sexual harassment and it is a use of power for sex.
I read Brodericks post thinking he was tongue in cheek :mhihi

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
You could almost argue it has happened at Richmond?