Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
IF it's true that the PM wasnt told about the allegations, it reflects very badly on his "leadership".
Personally I think it's a load of BS that he wasnt told. Another deflection by Teflon Scomo.

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Morrison in Question Time is unbearable. His use of 'Mr Speaker' to try & distract & avoid answering tough questions just screams snakeoil & bullsit.
What an absolute charlatan he is. A disgrace.

Reactions: 2 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Morrison in Question Time is unbearable. His use of 'Mr Speaker' to try & distract & avoid answering tough questions just screams snakeoil & bullsit.
What an absolute charlatan he is. A disgrace.
Agree. His default position is deflect. He just cannot answer a strait question

• Wow

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
If there’s one thing that we now know about Scott Morrison, it’s that a huge amount of people whose job it is to advise and support him keep an awful lot of very important information away from him. Weirdly, a large amount of that information appears to be about the treatment of women in his government.

After all, he was entirely oblivious to the widespread and systematic bullying of female Coalition MPs, despite one MP quitting the party over it (Julia Banks) and a minister declining to stand for re-election after presenting him with a report about it (Kelly O’Dwyer), which he apparently somehow missed.

But this vast and sinister parliamentary conspiracy of people refusing to alert Morrison to the treatment of women in the Morrison government isn’t limited to female members of parliament who specifically told him about it.

MPs, ministers, staffers, parliamentary security, the police, the AFP and members of Morrison’s own office all apparently conspired to keep him in the dark about the attack on Brittany Higgins by a colleague in a ministerial office. In fact, so vast and labyrinthine is this conspiracy that you could almost be forgiven for thinking that the PM is barefacedly dodging responsibility while making denials which Shaggy himself would have deemed laughably unconvincing.
Full article:

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
a big long list of LNP corruption right there. and it doesn't even mention the siphoning of bushfire relief funds to coalition seats:

Federal and state funds for bushfire recovery have been heavily skewed in favour of state Coalition seats with NSW State Labor picking up just 1% of $177 million handed out.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
a big long list of LNP corruption right there. and it doesn't even mention the siphoning of bushfire relief funds to coalition seats:

Federal and state funds for bushfire recovery have been heavily skewed in favour of state Coalition seats with NSW State Labor picking up just 1% of $177 million handed out.

No problem for the government though. They took on Google and Facebook for the big media barons so the big media barons will make sure their Government will be looked after.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Let’s assume for a moment all of this is true. No one told Morrison
The legitimate question to ask is why? Why would all these people know and not tell the boss? Think about your own work place and ask yourself can you imagine a scenario of an alleged rape occurring in an office and the boss not being told?
What would that say about your workplace and the culture within it?
i don’t believe it but if it is true it is also incredibly damming

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Let’s assume for a moment all of this is true. No one told Morrison
The legitimate question to ask is why? Why would all these people know and not tell the boss? Think about your own work place and ask yourself can you imagine a scenario of an alleged rape occurring in an office and the boss not being told?
What would that say about your workplace and the culture within it?
i don’t believe it but if it is true it is also incredibly damming
He's a renowned micro-manager as well right? It's either "Don't tell the PM what he doesn't want to know". Be that a PM directive or the PMO trying to protect the boss.

Either way, it's unbelievable because cabinet ministers would tell him if only to cover their own arses.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
He's a renowned micro-manager as well right? It's either "Don't tell the PM what he doesn't want to know". Be that a PM directive or the PMO trying to protect the boss.

Either way, it's unbelievable because cabinet ministers would tell him if only to cover their own arses.

Fair point, they are politicians so they are naturally inclined to arse covering.

That said, there is the possibility that he wasn't told because you don't tell the PM so the PM can deny all knowledge.

DS

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Scomo is more evasive than Maurice Rioli Snr ever was. He could jump into a pit full of snakes & come out untouched.
Slimiest Australian politician I've ever seen & that takes some doing.

Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Scomo is more evasive than Maurice Rioli Snr ever was. He could jump into a pit full of snakes & come out untouched.
Slimiest Australian politician I've ever seen & that takes some doing.
It's a personal thing but he has this smirk that grinds my gears. When he is smirking I don't believe what he is saying and he smirks a lot

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Thats a very disturbing story.
it is eZy. and they won't reveal his name... and there he sits making decisions for the population ..
the system is sick .. I've always hated it, and considering the past few weeks, i hate it even more ...

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
it is eZy. and they won't reveal his name... and there he sits making decisions for the population ..
the system is sick .. I've always hated it, and considering the past few weeks, i hate it even more ...

Twittersphere has narrowed it down to 2 Cabinet members from what I can see. Won't mention any names here, especially one of them as he could drown me quite easily if he wanted too.