Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Oh boy Morrison's jumbled word salad press conference today is a new low. Contemptuous, obfuscating & excruciating.
Horrendous PM!

One scandal after another. The Royal Commission into Aged Care is absolutely damning. A Federal responsibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Oh boy Morrison's jumbled word salad press conference today is a new low. Contemptuous, obfuscating & excruciating.
Horrendous PM!

One scandal after another. The Royal Commission into Aged Care is absolutely damning. A Federal responsibility.

And he hasn't even read the letter. Damning.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
How can Morrison not have bothered to read information that may pertain to one of the men he sits next to every day committing rape?
This will follow him right to the election.

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
How can Morrison not have bothered to read information that may pertain to one of the men he sits next to every day committing rape?
This will follow him right to the election.
i hope it does. he's a rank amateur. a conceited, holier than thou prick that needs to go ..
i dunno though, he was voted in !
My father, Jefferson and De Maistre have all said, "You get the Government you deserve", so thanks for that, whoever ...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Reading through the articles about the 1988 allegations. It doesn't take a lot of detective work to work out who in cabinet fits the profile to have been in the same location, in the same social circles, in the right time frame. And reading between the lines of insinuation - about the right age group.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Reading through the articles about the 1988 allegations. It doesn't take a lot of detective work to work out who in cabinet fits the profile to have been in the same location, in the same social circles, in the right time frame. And reading between the lines of insinuation - about the right age group.
Let’s just say i can narrow it down to two. And one seems far more plausible than the other.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Does anyone else remember this turkey promising before he was elected thet there would definitively NOT bring in a GST. Almost immediately after he was elected sure enough he brings in the GST.
He rationalized it by saying that "it was not A CORE PROMISE".

Another lying scumbag politician.
Didn’t happen. Deal in facts. Those who liked this posted also show their bias. Howard went to an election in 1998 over this. It even cost him seats.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Didn’t happen. Deal in facts. Those who liked this posted also show their bias. Howard went to an election in 1998 over this. It even cost him seats.

Never been to good at the memory of politicians comments, I reckon JH did promise to not bring it in at sometime. But as you linked he did bring it in but was open about it on the election platform.
So much bias in this thread as you say. Good read though most of the time.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Both statements are correct. He did say 'never ever' and he did go to an election with it as a policy. Went from a 45-seat majority to 13 seats, losing the popular vote.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne

People can direct their anger towards Meg Lees in regards to the introduction of the gst. From memory, Howard did go to the election saying he wanted it introduced. Did a deal with Lees after he won to bring it in. In my opinion that consigned the Democrats to a rump of a political party then to an irrelevancy soon after as people deserted them after they abandoned the “ keep the bastards honest “ philosophy that they were founded on

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

Could possibly allegedly Angus Taylor fit the profile?

Wouldnt the LNP cabinet be leaking it flat out so we didnt incorrectly guess they were alleged to have committed aggravated buggery?

Picking the biggest *smile* in the LNP cabinet has never been an easy task

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user