Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Check your sums
I reckon it adds up for the AG
Porter was born in 1970, so would have been 18 at the time. He lived in Perth, completed his schooling at the Hale School in 1987. Went straight to the University of WA in 1988. Yes he was in a Liberal family and involved in that clique. But they were very much WA centric. Which is why he isn't my prime suspect. My prime suspect is someone very much entrenched in the Sydney Liberal clique.

That said, it isn't impossible that Porter was in the right place at the right time, so I certainly wouldn't rule him out. He was in the Australian National Schools debating team. And the complainant, based on the descriptions of her and her talents, possibly crossed paths on that medium.

As I say, I'm staying out of the social media mob, taking emotion out of it and looking at it objectively.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
How much money did Morrison pull out of aged care that lead to this current mess when he was treasurer? Now another hollow announcement of 450 million to go back in?
Just like the bushfire relief payments will any of it actually see the light of day?
How did banking reform go after that Royal Commission?

Sports rorts is starting to seem like a mild issue as these scandals pile up.

No matter how much empathy training he gets, Scotty & his mates clearly aren’t interested in injustice or looking after those in need, it’s all for show. Skewed to looking after their mates at the very top end of town that the rest of us will pay for. His calls for potential tax increases to pay for aged care debacle makes me sick with so many dodging paying tax in this country including his master Murdoch.

Time to go Scomo.

What was it, something like 21 times he objected to the Financial Services RC ?

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I really can't be bothered trying to work out who it is.

The attempt at deflecting and the unwillingness to actually confront the issue just shows the lack of leadership, and the below zero care factor on this issue, by this government and those who are a part of it.

DS

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Don't see any point in speculating who the minister is. Until they come forward, a black cloud will follow the lot of them.
Which is why I think it's inevitable one of the men in cabinet will break ranks and leak who it is, probably in the not too distant future. Not necessarily because it is the right thing to do. More motivated by not wanting the black cloud following them individually.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Predicted first response would be a "look over there" put down. Though I had my money on another poster. But you are from the same stable so no surprise.
Sorry, wasn't meant as a put down petal. Purely an observation.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
How much money did Morrison pull out of aged care that lead to this current mess when he was treasurer? Now another hollow announcement of 450 million to go back in?
Just like the bushfire relief payments will any of it actually see the light of day?
How did banking reform go after that Royal Commission?

Sports rorts is starting to seem like a mild issue as these scandals pile up.

No matter how much empathy training he gets, Scotty & his mates clearly aren’t interested in injustice or looking after those in need, it’s all for show. Skewed to looking after their mates at the very top end of town that the rest of us will pay for. His calls for potential tax increases to pay for aged care debacle makes me sick with so many dodging paying tax in this country including his master Murdoch.

Time to go Scomo.
Its unfortunate timing that the Libs are announcing "major" investments in Aged Care just as they are being engulfed in another scandal.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Guess which Government member is preaching about the permanency of marriage? (in relation to a response to climate change of all things)

“I might offer one word of caution for those who are jumping on board saying, ‘I want it, I want it, I want it,’”
“You can’t say I’m going to marry a person and then say I actually want to marry someone else. Once you said you’re in, you’re in.”

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Guess which Government member is preaching about the permanency of marriage? (in relation to a response to climate change of all things)

“I might offer one word of caution for those who are jumping on board saying, ‘I want it, I want it, I want it,’”
“You can’t say I’m going to marry a person and then say I actually want to marry someone else. Once you said you’re in, you’re in.”
Barnaby Joyce?

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Turnbull's made an odd comment, calling for an inquest into the lady death to see if it really was suicide.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
It is untenable that the country's Attorney General be alleged to have committed a rape. This on the back of the Four Corners story last year. His role in government is completely conflicted. We are not talking about some junior ministry role, but the Attorney General. The role that is meant to oversee the laws of the country.

It is a bigger farce than Dimma continuing to play Stevie Morris as a Forward Pocket.

Reactions: 6 users

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Turnbull's made an odd comment, calling for an inquest into the lady death to see if it really was suicide.
And cases like this send warning bells to ASIO and the AFP. Because if foreign counterintelligence agents have this information (which they likely do, as apparently it's been an open secret for two years within the inner sanctum of the political class) a member of Parliament (and cabinet member even more so) is compromised to potential blackmail and/or bribery by foreign agents and influence.

Mind you, Turnbull doesn't look entirely great in all of this. Given that it's being alleged that he was aware of the information in his time as PM.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
It is untenable that the country's Attorney General be alleged to have committed a rape. This on the back of the Four Corners story last year. His role in government is completely conflicted. We are not talking about some junior ministry role, but the Attorney General. The role that is meant to oversee the laws of the country.

It is a bigger farce than Dimma continuing to play Stevie Morris as a Forward Pocket.
Little wonder there are bugger all women in the cabinet.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Doesn't suit the agenda and the ALP accused is not Shorten but another front bencher.

Whats your source for this?

* edit - i looked deeper into this and there is nothing more than an anonymous victim and an anonymous perpetrator. Sarah Henderson who first reported this to the AFP has said nothing about it since. A cynical person would think the timing of these allegations is quite a convenient deflection.

Whereas the deceased victim alleging Christian Porter brutally analy raped her has friends, family, colleagues and her personal lawyer all vouch for her statement. She had made an official complaint to NSW police who had started investigating. Several current parliamentarians we're aware of the allegations years ago...

Last edited: