Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Doesn't suit the agenda and the ALP accused is not Shorten but another front bencher.
Any alleged rape should be investigated in the same way whichever party is involved and naming or not naming the ALP person does not diminish the accusation related to the Government Minister in any way.

Reactions: 1 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Any alleged rape should be investigated in the same way whichever party is involved and naming or not naming the ALP person does not diminish the accusation related to the Government Minister in any way.
Agreed. Did I suggest otherwise?
IMHO the leaders of both parties should stand the accused parties down right now pending whatever investigation may or may not occur.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
I've read Henderson's statement and that is not what I get form it.
That's a matter of your interpretation and your biases. Shorten was accused of a rape in 1986. This new case involves an alleged rape in 1988.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
That's a matter of your interpretation and your biases.

No in fact its based on feedback I've read from political journalists who are better informed than me.

EDIT: In fact Henderson's statement does not mention 1988:

No reports I've read on it mentioned alleged dates eg.:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
That's a matter of your interpretation and your biases. Shorten was accused of a rape in 1986. This new case involves an alleged rape in 1988.
Are you sure about the year? The alleged "Liberal" rape was in 1988, i cant see where Henderson, or anyone, says when the alleged "Labor" rape occurred.

Reactions: 1 user

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
IMHO the leaders of both parties should stand the accused parties down right now pending whatever investigation may or may not occur.

Yes, you did suggest that. You attempted to deflect the issue away from the liberal party by suggesting/implying that both sides of politics have similar issues with women, and therefore the criticism of the liberal party is unwarranted. You tried to downplay the accusations made against Christian Porter as a "narrative" being unfairly driven on these boards, and elsewhere.

However the evidence presented in both cases does not have the same weight. On one side we have an anonymous email with an anonymous victim and an anonymous perpetrator.

On the other side we have friends, family, colleagues, and the personal lawyer of the alleged victim vouching for the victims statement, which was made to NSW police, who were actively investigating the claims.

Reactions: 4 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
No you didn't say it.

My concern is that what others may or may not have done gets used as a smokescreen for the issue related to the Government Minister when actually what it should do is increase pressure on all politicians in Canberra to ignore politics and do the right thing for once

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
It's all good. ScoMo gave his media mates a payday against the evil Google & Facebook. They'll look after him come election time.