Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Yep consider this, a football player in any code would probably be stood down. So football players are held to a higher standard than the AG of the country.
Degoey is still playing.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Degoey is still playing.

I understood he had been investigated by the police already. The case is continuing because of new evidence isn't it.

Do you think we would stand down a player in similar circumstances to whats been alleged about Porter?

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I understood he had been investigated by the police already. The case is continuing because of new evidence isn't it.

Do you think we would stand down a player in similar circumstances to whats been alleged about Porter?
thats a hard one, there is no prospect of a police investigation, so there is a chance it wont be resolved, and an AFL club would have no control over that.

I also dont think the standard we hold footballers, or sports people in general, should be the same as we hold politicians to.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I don't want racist relics as our heads of state. Republic already.
I assume you are talking about the British Royal family and the interview.
I don’t care about the British Royal family and what they do and don’t do. In the end that’s why I want a republic, I’m Australian not British.
But probably that subject has been covered elsewhere already

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I don't want racist relics as our heads of state. Republic already.
Agree totally about the republic. I am of predominantly Irish heritage on both sides of my family. I have no interest in defending the royal family but I also don’t hold any animosity to them. Like Sintiger I see myself as an Australian; certainly not a subject of the British Empire. I hope I see an Australian republic in my lifetime.

That said I take anything that Harry and Meghan say with a grain of salt. This is the couple that left the royal family because they couldn’t bear the scrutiny that the royal lifestyle brings, right? The same couple that have barely been out of the media since? The same couple that have sold the media rights to their lives to Netflix and Oprah and the likes for tens of millions of dollars? The same couple that want to keep their royal titles?

Please. These two are hypocrites in the extreme. It’s all about publicity for them. What a joke. I notice they didn’t name the person who allegedly made the racist comment. If you’re going to throw that out there go all the way and own it. Without that many will view it as nothing more than a publicity stunt. What have they got to lose by naming names?

Can’t have these two at all.

Reactions: 6 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Agree totally about the republic. I am of predominantly Irish heritage on both sides of my family. I have no interest in defending the royal family but I also don’t hold any animosity to them. Like Sintiger I see myself as an Australian; certainly not a subject of the British Empire. I hope I see an Australian republic in my lifetime.

That said I take anything that Harry and Meghan say with a grain of salt. This is the couple that left the royal family because they couldn’t bear the scrutiny that the royal lifestyle brings, right? The same couple that have barely been out of the media since? The same couple that have sold the media rights to their lives to Netflix and Oprah and the likes for tens of millions of dollars? The same couple that want to keep their royal titles?

Please. These two are hypocrites in the extreme. It’s all about publicity for them. What a joke. I notice they didn’t name the person who allegedly made the racist comment. If you’re going to throw that out there go all the way and own it. Without that many will view it as nothing more than a publicity stunt. What have they got to lose by naming names?

Hear ! Hear O’Chumpley O’Chimpley ! Let’s get Rid-ley of this monarchist rubbish and also of these two hypocritical media attention seeking, drama filled buffoons, to be sure.

Last edited:

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

First backing Murdoch, now the English Royal Family?

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
First backing Murdoch, now the English Royal Family?
Au contraire balooga. Not backing either party. Just backing against the intent on global domination tech titans and the attention seeking drama queens. There is a difference.

It is ironic though how very few posters on here ever comment on the ALP fully endorsing and supporting the government’s stance over the Google/Facebook newsfeed issue.

Is the ALP in Murdoch’s pocket as well?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Agree Riddles. Harry's jealous that he's too far behind the line to become king. Looks likely he's gonna have to find a job soon.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Murdoch doesn't care who he buys. Tony Blair was one of his best purchases, even if it cost him a wife.
Fair call. Yet there remains very little criticism of the ALP’s support of the legislation; which would not have passed without said support.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Agree Riddles. Harry's jealous that he's too far behind the line to become king. Looks likely he's gonna have to find a job soon.
When you’re getting $50m from Netflix to produce a Kardashian style “reality” TV show you don’t need a real job.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Hear ! Hear O’Chumpley O’Chimpley ! Let’s get Rid-ley of this monarchist rubbish and also of these two hypocritical media attention seeking, drama filled buffoons, to be sure.
Hear hear Robert. Your finest post since your inauspicious return.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
It is ironic though how very few posters on here ever comment on the ALP fully endorsing and supporting the government’s stance over the Google/Facebook newsfeed issue.

Ridley, Ridley, Ridley, irony is NOT allowed when speaking of the great ALP. Particularly in this thread and site.
Tut, tut.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Nothing ironic about it, the right wing media buys political parties, nothing new there but still disgusting.

Both of the major parties are just as guilty, again, so surprise but still disgusting.

No backbone, either major party.

DS

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Au contraire balooga. Not backing either party. Just backing against the intent on global domination tech titans and the attention seeking drama queens. There is a difference.

Perhaps that its an LNP play and the ALP didnt pick a fight about it.
It would only resulf in the ALP wedged and targeted by murdoch media.

Just because there is minimal focus on Labor it doesnt mean that its an alp lovefest, instead in my view they are hanging out with lolnorf and godees

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

Well said. I've always had no interest whatsoever.
It did rankle though that one of the higher up Royals apparently said what they did about a baby's colour though.
Racism like that will always make me see red no matter who says it.
Now bring on that Republic.