Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
it was powerful stuff Spook. Morrison has no feeling for the (any) situation. I don't get it because surely it would be good for him and his party to show empathy and consideration at what is an extremely delicate and important time.
Unfortunately, that was his attempt at empathy. That's how low this slug sets the bar.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
"It is good and right, Mr Speaker, that so many are able to gather here in this way, whether in our capital or elsewhere, and to do so peacefully to express their concerns and their very genuine and real frustrations," Mr Morrison said.

"Not far from here, such marches, even now, are being met with bullets. But not here in this country."

Bewildering statement.

Reactions: 3 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
"It is good and right, Mr Speaker, that so many are able to gather here in this way, whether in our capital or elsewhere, and to do so peacefully to express their concerns and their very genuine and real frustrations," Mr Morrison said.

"Not far from here, such marches, even now, are being met with bullets. But not here in this country."

Bewildering statement.
i really cant understand how Morrison could be anyone's, but a died in the wool Liberal, preferred PM. Sure Albanese aint flash, but he's surely not that bad?

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Bewildering statement.
Eddie maguire like

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Brad Battin challenging for the Vic Lib leadership. I know O'Brien's hopeless and Guy's a crook but if they go with Battin it will be a slaughter at the election akin to WA. He's a Clag-eater.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Brad Battin challenging for the Vic Lib leadership. I know O'Brien's hopeless and Guy's a crook but if they go with Battin it will be a slaughter at the election akin to WA. He's a Clag-eater.
Can't believe how weak this Liberal party's become in 25 years since Kennett.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Unfortunately, that was his attempt at empathy. That's how low this slug sets the bar.
That’s what he does brilliantly, lower the bar of expectations.

Morrison has had a horrible few months, cliche driven, false public emotions and awkward public appearances.

And he will still get re-elected. Politics, the VAFA D-grade of decency.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
That’s what he does brilliantly, lower the bar of expectations.

Morrison has had a horrible few months, cliche driven, false public emotions and awkward public appearances.

And he will still get re-elected. Politics, the VAFA D-grade of decency.
His other tactic is to go into hiding when there's bad news, only to reappear waving from a cockpit a few days later. Nothing but a spin merchant.

The compliant media is the only reason he hasn't yet been sacked from this job like all his others. But the tide is turning. For the first time, I'm optimistic he'll be a one-termer like his mate, whatshisname. Fat orange fkwit.

Reactions: 1 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

Bewildering statement.

He's simply not that smart. Chickens are coming home to roost.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Agree with Spook. Women all over the US voted Trump out.

Do not underestimate the lingering power of yesterday’s horrific snub and even more horrific comments.

They won’t be forgotten in the voting booth.

Reactions: 2 users

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010

Bewildering statement.
Absolutely agree, bewildering statement. A really bizarre conflation. Very tenuous link to the issue at hand.

Then to add conflation on top of conflation and add to my bewilderment. Albo comes out in Parliament today and asks the PM, does he regret the comments given that we are close to the anniversary of the Christchurch shooting. These two leaders are experts and clutching at straws. Just really bizarre and strange things to say. Surely if one doesn't have anything of any value to contribute, rather than inventing contrived rubbish of limited (if any) relevance just to make noise, you'd be better off saying nothing at all.

They've all lost me. I just cannot identify with either party. I live in an ALP safe seat so it makes little difference who I vote for anyway. My Senate ticket obviously makes a difference, but I'm resigned to voting across the card on the basis of which individuals I see as the least bad option.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Absolutely agree, bewildering statement. A really bizarre conflation. Very tenuous link to the issue at hand.

Then to add conflation on top of conflation and add to my bewilderment. Albo comes out in Parliament today and asks the PM, does he regret the comments given that we are close to the anniversary of the Christchurch shooting. These two leaders are experts and clutching at straws. Just really bizarre and strange things to say. Surely if one doesn't have anything of any value to contribute, rather than inventing contrived rubbish of limited (if any) relevance just to make noise, you'd be better off saying nothing at all.

They've all lost me. I just cannot identify with either party. I live in an ALP safe seat so it makes little difference who I vote for anyway. My Senate ticket obviously makes a difference, but I'm resigned to voting across the card on the basis of which individuals I see as the least bad option.

Gee, that sounds like a silly question from Albo, you would think his minders would have been telling him not to be silly today after ScoMo was silly yesterday. Still, I went to Uni with people who became politicians and advisors and a lot of them are very arrogant without any good reason to be so.

I live in a safe Liberal seat so my lower house vote is largely useless. However, it is worth pointing out that if you vote for a minor party and they are not in contention for your seat, the preferences you give (in the lower house) go through as full votes. Preferential voting gives you the option to vote for whoever you like without wasting the vote, the best advice is always vote your preference, no tricks, just vote 1 for who you like most, 2 next and so on, it actually does work that way. The upper house is very different, I can explain it but it is very complex.

DS

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Gee, that sounds like a silly question from Albo, you would think his minders would have been telling him not to be silly today after ScoMo was silly yesterday. Still, I went to Uni with people who became politicians and advisors and a lot of them are very arrogant without any good reason to be so.

I live in a safe Liberal seat so my lower house vote is largely useless. However, it is worth pointing out that if you vote for a minor party and they are not in contention for your seat, the preferences you give (in the lower house) go through as full votes. Preferential voting gives you the option to vote for whoever you like without wasting the vote, the best advice is always vote your preference, no tricks, just vote 1 for who you like most, 2 next and so on, it actually does work that way. The upper house is very different, I can explain it but it is very complex.

DS
Hence why I number all boxes below the line on the Senate ticket (and across the card for a range of individuals) as I and only I get to say how my preferences will be distributed. Not some backroom party hacks with their horse trading.

Reactions: 1 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I despair at the quality and standard of politicians at local, state, federal and international levels we have in these times, from all sides of politics

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
More than ever it's crucial to stay informed, and unfortunately - with a few exceptions such as Four Corners and the likes of Nick McKenzie at Fairfax - you can't rely on traditional media. Murdoch is pure propaganda, and The Australian sets the news agenda for the day so the rest fall in line. The commercial networks are horrendous and trivial, the ABC is not a lot better and has been defunded and browbeaten by the government, and infiltrated by conservative agendas, 9Fairfax is Murdoch with better vocabulary and manners, and Sky is a joke. SBS is good for world news.

I keep pushing true independents. Michael West Media is one of the best. You wouldn't see this story in any mainstream media or we would have by now:

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yep, great take on this. The LNP doesn't care, more money for their mates, more money for the lobbyists and more cushy consulting jobs when they leave parliament.

As Michael says, trickledown doesn't work. Rich people and companies save the money and give it to shareholders. Give poor people money directly, they will spend it out of necessity.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yep, great take on this. The LNP doesn't care, more money for their mates, more money for the lobbyists and more cushy consulting jobs when they leave parliament.

As Michael says, trickledown doesn't work. Rich people and companies save the money and give it to shareholders. Give poor people money directly, they will spend it out of necessity.
It's so simple and obvious even the retards in the Morriscum government must understand it. They're just *smile*.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
It's so simple and obvious even the retards in the Morriscum government must understand it. They're just *smile*.

They understand it very well, that's why they continue to support lower corporate taxes (and support higher consumption taxes which are regressive) and lower wages.

The Libs have always been the party of big business, nothing new there.

DS