Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

In case you had any doubt the media and the government are on the same team:

uhlman morrison.JPG

uhlman morrison2.JPG

I'd say "unfuckingbelievable", but sadly it's not.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
I'd say "unfuckingbelievable", but sadly it's not.

No its par for the course for that mob, so I'm not surprised at all.

Also there is little evidence to suggest Flint was targeted by Getup, the unions or the labour party in the first place, but Flint continually repeats this claim like its a fact. From what i can gather, the stalking part was just was a lone Adelaidian crack-pot who was charged by police for stalking, yet has denied links to these organizations. Unfortunately it keeps being brought up and reported on as if it is a fact.

Not sure the office vandalism was all its been made out to be either. While graffiti is vandalism, all I've seen is a couple of derogatory comments written in texta on her office window, something would have easily been removed with a bit of turps and a cloth. Its not quite as bad as its being made out to be IMO

If anyone can show me an article that demonstrates the links between Flint's harassment, Getup, unions and labour (outside of claims made by politicians) I'd be happy to be corrected. But on face value it looks like a "look over there" stunt intended to deflect away from Scott Morrison's cabinet rape crisis.

Reactions: 1 user
Yep, great take on this. The LNP doesn't care, more money for their mates, more money for the lobbyists and more cushy consulting jobs when they leave parliament.

As Michael says, trickledown doesn't work. Rich people and companies save the money and give it to shareholders. Give poor people money directly, they will spend it out of necessity.

Barnaby Joyce paid $13 million of our money over and above the market rate to buy back water for the Murray darling, after the irrigation company bought it off Howard for a fraction of its worth, then rigged their meters and stole ten times as much as they bought.

That encapsulates the core beliefs of LNP. any opposition to corrupt privatisation and free marketeering, they call 'envy politics'

like spook said, they are *smile*

Reactions: 1 users
Surely the ugliest campaign Morrison has ever seen was the one he did himself against a member of his own party - Michael Towke - for the seat of Cook in 2007. Towke won pre-selection and the first ballot easily. Then Morrison started a very heavy smear campaign and it went belly up for Towke (and his family). Morrison won the 2nd ballot and the rest is history. This story also involves (surprise) News Corp and the binds they have with the LNP. Towke went on to clear his name - in court.

Barnaby Joyce paid $13 million of our money over and above the market rate to buy back water for the Murray darling, after the irrigation company bought it off Howard for a fraction of its worth, then rigged their meters and stole ten times as much as they bought.

That encapsulates the core beliefs of LNP. any opposition to corrupt privatisation and free marketeering, they call 'envy politics'

like spook said, they are *smile*
Try $80 million.

"Good job, Angus. Well done."

Try $80 million.

"Good job, Angus. Well done."

yeah but auditor general valued it at $67m, so $13m over the odds.

I have no doubt they would have paid about $10m for X megalitres

and taken 10X megaliths as well as the 700%.

massive, massive scam.

Howards old mate Corrigan was in it up to his neck too.

edit: LNP politician paid $27m for our water, and sold it back to us for $80m, so only a 300% profit, with a little 50% bonus throw in by The Nationals. *smile* me. How do these filthy crooks get elected?

Last edited:
No its par for the course for that mob, so I'm not surprised at all.

Also there is little evidence to suggest Flint was targeted by Getup, the unions or the labour party in the first place, but Flint continually repeats this claim like its a fact. From what i can gather, the stalking part was just was a lone Adelaidian crack-pot who was charged by police for stalking, yet has denied links to these organizations. Unfortunately it keeps being brought up and reported on as if it is a fact.

Yep and here's Samantha Maiden calling this out:

Yep, great take on this. The LNP doesn't care, more money for their mates, more money for the lobbyists and more cushy consulting jobs when they leave parliament.

As Michael says, trickledown doesn't work. Rich people and companies save the money and give it to shareholders. Give poor people money directly, they will spend it out of necessity.
Trickle down has proved to be trickle up. It’s a con and always has been

Reactions: 7 users
Scott "I was there with her at the time but didn't say a goddamn word in her defence anyway you guys won't check it just take me at my unimpeachable word gotta go bye" Morrison.

the 2 stories above- one about blaming Labor, the Greens and GetUp for the abuse towards Flint, and the set up question from Uhlmann, sum up our current goverment perfectly. media spin, and lies, with no accountability. they know news corp wont challenge them, and unfortunately Fairfax is heading the same way. and anything from the ABC, or any independent media gets dismisses as left wing 'MSM'.

I still dont understand how anyone, with any critical thinking, could vote for the current gov. they have no good points.

Reactions: 4 users
More than ever it's crucial to stay informed, and unfortunately - with a few exceptions such as Four Corners and the likes of Nick McKenzie at Fairfax - you can't rely on traditional media. Murdoch is pure propaganda, and The Australian sets the news agenda for the day so the rest fall in line. The commercial networks are horrendous and trivial, the ABC is not a lot better and has been defunded and browbeaten by the government, and infiltrated by conservative agendas, 9Fairfax is Murdoch with better vocabulary and manners, and Sky is a joke. SBS is good for world news.

I keep pushing true independents. Michael West Media is one of the best. You wouldn't see this story in any mainstream media or we would have by now:

Michael West, Anthony Kahn, Dave Milbo (the Shot) and John Menadue are all great and worth following/ reading.

Reactions: 2 users
the 2 stories above- one about blaming Labor, the Greens and GetUp for the abuse towards Flint, and the set up question from Uhlmann, sum up our current goverment perfectly. media spin, and lies, with no accountability. they know news corp wont challenge them, and unfortunately Fairfax is heading the same way. and anything from the ABC, or any independent media gets dismisses as left wing 'MSM'.

I still dont understand how anyone, with any critical thinking, could vote for the current gov. they have no good points.

I don't understand how anyone with half a brain could claim that the mainstream media is somehow left wing, totally dominated by right wing owners, right wing opinion writers and right wing editors.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
I don't understand how anyone with half a brain could claim that the mainstream media is somehow left wing, totally dominated by right wing owners, right wing opinion writers and right wing editors.

DS

Im pretty sure any decent neurologist could show 5/8ths or greater of these brains working like Daniel Menzyl without the ball,

to be honest

This thread appears to have gone the way the US presidents one did for a while during Trumps reign of terror. when there is stuff up after stuff up, and bad policies from our federal government everywhere you look people get bored commenting on them.
hopefully it ends the same way for Morrison as it did for Trump.

This thread appears to have gone the way the US presidents one did for a while during Trumps reign of terror. when there is stuff up after stuff up, and bad policies from our federal government everywhere you look people get bored commenting on them.
hopefully it ends the same way for Morrison as it did for Trump.

Yeah, its become kind of pointless criticising Morrison and his government.

hes clearly a pretty incompetent, lying, buffoon, who can't even do reactionary populism properly.

I've always suspected the LNP were a bunch of wankers who would *smile* you in the arse while you slept,

but I never truly expected to be vindicated so disturbingly and profoundly.

This next election should be like Richmond V Aspley,

but it wont be

Today's presser was jaw droppingly bad. From "don't throw stones" to a reporters question then he either made up a sexual assault in a bathroom investigation in News Corp, or if it's true, he publicly disclosed what you would expect to be a confidential investigation to the world in an attempt to deflect and #whataboutism.

It was a new low even for #LiarFromTheShire

Reactions: 5 users