Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Morrison is probably hoping charges will be laid against Laming. With charges laid Morrison can dodge and all questions as it's now a police matter. Court case can be delayed until the election. Presumption of innonence is the rule of law so he shouldn't be sacked until court is finished.

Amazing month the Government has had. From planning an early election to ride the wave of popularity thanks to a perceived well managed COVID-19, to scurrying away and dodging all questions.

Meanwhile the opposition aren't landing a single punch.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Morrison is probably hoping charges will be laid against Laming. With charges laid Morrison can dodge and all questions as it's now a police matter. Court case can be delayed until the election. Presumption of innonence is the rule of law so he shouldn't be sacked until court is finished.

Amazing month the Government has had. From planning an early election to ride the wave of popularity thanks to a perceived well managed COVID-19, to scurrying away and dodging all questions.

Meanwhile the opposition aren't landing a single punch.
Mind you. There were times when the Coalition was under Abbott in opposition, that the best thing they could do for their chances was just stay quiet and let Rudd-Gillard-Rudd ALP implode and self destruct. By no means were the Coalition deserving of being back in government. And I never thought I'd ever see the day that Abbott was PM. But they simply got voted back in by not being the government.

I'm wondering if that is the game the ALP opposition are playing now. And likely could pay off.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Mind you. There were times when the Coalition was under Abbott in opposition, that the best thing they could do for their chances was just stay quiet and let Rudd-Gillard-Rudd ALP implode and self destruct. By no means were the Coalition deserving of being back in government. And I never thought I'd ever see the day that Abbott was PM. But they simply got voted back in by not being the government.

I'm wondering it that is the game the ALP opposition are playing now. And likely could pay off.

I'm 99.9% positive this is what the ALP are doing.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

I'm wondering if that is the game the ALP opposition are playing now. And likely could pay off.

Big difference is Abbott had Murdoch and Alan Jones pushing the agenda og ALP bad. It's was constant and unrelenting. The opposition don't have that on their side this time.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
And, he requested privacy in this difficult time :rotfl1

What does empathy training look like for these blokes?

Do they show them flash cards of unconscious women being sodomised,

And they have to circle a smiley face or a sad face?

Empathy training, what for? He well knew what he was doing was wrong, he doesn't need empathy training, he needs to go.

DS

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Big difference is Abbott had Murdoch and Alan Jones pushing the agenda og ALP bad. It's was constant and unrelenting. The opposition don't have that on their side this time.
other big difference is that most of Labor issues were internal- fighting over the leadership. they still generally governed the country well.
the Libs issues effect people's real lives.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Doesn't mean the same tactic won't work. Despite the differing background. Happens time and time again in State politics too, with a range of background dynamics.

Besides, I think Morrison is damaged goods now. Too many gaffs and sitting with his thumb up his arse while the political world implodes around him. Wouldn't matter what he does. The ABC and Fairfax writers don't want him (and even Murdoch and co have gone a bit quiet - not necessarily criticising, but not flag waving adulation anymore). He could chop off his genitals, have gender reassignment surgery, renounce his faith, get divorced and enter an open marriage to a non-binary individual, march up Oxford St in a fishnet singlet, suspenders and g-string in the Mardi Gras as Australia's first transexual female PM in an open, promiscuous marriage and ze would still be seen as a fraud and not committed to the cause.

Suffice to say he and the government he leads is and are history. Nothing they do will change that now. And don't start me on Dutton. Totally delusional if he thinks he would ever lead a Party to an election victory. Never ever would the Australian electorate ever vote him into being PM. It would be an electoral blood bath. But then....I did say that about Abbott too, and didn't that make me look like a fool!

Last edited:

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
And, he requested privacy in this difficult time :rotfl1

What does empathy training look like for these blokes?

Do they show them flash cards of unconscious women being sodomised,

And they have to circle a smiley face or a sad face?
He tried to pass it off as photographing a girl working hard. Kudo's to the guy that caught him. What a creep, almost wished he'd been beaten up at the time..

This and the litany of diabolical behaviour combined with scomos disastrous leadership should cost them the next election.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
He tried to pass it off as photographing a girl working hard. Kudo's to the guy that caught him. What a creep, almost wished he'd been beaten up at the time..

This and the litany of diabolical behaviour combined with scomos disastrous leadership should cost them the next election.
Dont forget their bad policy.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

It really should.

Surely the majority of australians see the absurd, cynical, perversity in an elected representative, drawing $300k a year and 15% super and a lifetime pension

Needing to go to night school to see things from other peoples perspectives?

If it wasnt so horribly dysfunctional,

Youde laugh your head off.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Morrison has given Lamming leave on full pay to deal with his "issues" while refusing to give women fleeing DV access to paid leave, instead suggetsing they could access their super. he is all class.

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Morrison has given Lamming leave on full pay to deal with his "issues" while refusing to give women fleeing DV access to paid leave, instead suggetsing they could access their super. he is all class.
Is paid leave the right way to go? Or would a more appropriate policy be access to the abuser's super funds?

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

Maybe his little daughters have huge super funds?

Morrison is the worst PM our nation has ever seen,

Elected at a time when we needed the best.

Thanks queensland

Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I suppose Morrison will expect Labor to offer a "pair" when it comes to voting while scumbag Laming is on his paid leave. Pairing shouldn't be used when a lowlife like Laming is absent, surely Albo's will tell Morrison to get stuffed.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I suppose Morrison will expect Labor to offer a "pair" when it comes to voting while scumbag Laming is on his paid leave. Pairing shouldn't be used when a lowlife like Laming is absent, surely Albo's will tell Morrison to get stuffed.

offer him a pair of castration pliers, engraved with a cursive LNP, perhaps?

so these *smile* have 3 members, 2 ministers, on paid leave now? 4 if you count Craig Kelly?

1 is alleged to have anally raped a fellow teenager,
1 covered up a rape in her office and chastised the alleged victim,
1 takes pictures up young girls skirts?,
and 1 has a chief with a list of harassment claims against young females, longer than the list of women the PM is related to?

the government is not functional

and the leader refuses to lead on anything

Surely, as a nation, we can demand people of the highest intellectual and moral calibre to make our laws and shape our future?

or don't we care, as long as our franking credits keep rolling in?

what is going on here?

Reactions: 4 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
offer him a pair of castration pliers, engraved with a cursive LNP, perhaps?

so these *smile* have 3 members, 2 ministers, on paid leave now? 4 if you count Craig Kelly?

1 is alleged to have anally raped a fellow teenager,
1 covered up a rape in her office and chastised the alleged victim,
1 takes pictures up young girls skirts?,
and 1 has a chief with a list of harassment claims against young females, longer than the list of women the PM is related to?

the government is not functional

and the leader refuses to lead on anything

Surely, as a nation, we can demand people of the highest intellectual and moral calibre to make our laws and shape our future?

or don't we care, as long as our franking credits keep rolling in?

what is going on here?
By definition, half the population is of average intelligence or lower. They're exposed to a ridiculously biased media and don't have the brain power or care factor to sort the *smile* from the truth. They are constantly bribed and distracted with shiny trinkets while the nation's wealth is siphoned off under their noses. But they don't care, as long as they can watch Married at First Sight without having to think, and rub their fat little hands together at the growing 'value' of their houses, which they don't understand is underpinned by an economy reliant on immigration, exemplified by the '*smile* off we're full' stickers on the back of their V8s.

In short, people are stupid, and the Murdoch Party relies on it. Literally banks on it.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Is paid leave the right way to go? Or would a more appropriate policy be access to the abuser's super funds?
i would imagine in the urgency required to flee DV, checking your abuser super policy details may be a little difficult.
and i would imagine that would require court to approve which may take a little long in the circumstances.

but it is an option worth considering how it could actually work.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
And all the criminal rorting. And water theft/profiteering.

and the bushfire relief pork barrelling and the sports grant pork barrelling

and the delegation of all responsibility for aged care and quarantine to the states

and premiers having relationships with crooks

and the Prime Minister hurling misinformation at journalists

and taking a private tax payer jet to Lachlan Murdochs Xmas party

and hounding the poorest and most vulnerable people to suicide with a debt collecting robot

and award half billion dollar contracts and grants (barrier reef and manus security) with no tender or transparency or accountability, to two-bob outfits

and awarded 5 billion at ministerial discretion, bypassing both houses. 80% of this $5b has gone to LNP seats

and embedded 3 times the NOT-FOR-PUBLICATION (secret allocations) public cash than the previously least transparent govt. in the 20-21 bugdet

and gave $40m to Fox to charge the viewer to watch womens sport, whilst hacking the ABC budget, who broadcast women sport

and refunded Twiggy Forest $250m for a pile of COVID junk that didn't work

and leaked a forthcoming police raid on Unions to the media (Cash)

and falsify documents to slander opponents (Taylor)

and the list goes on and on and on.

and they've managed all that in a little over half a term.

and Morrison has not dealt with a single thing.

This is surely the least competent and most corrupt and morally bankrupt federal goverment our nation has EVER seen?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users