Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Dept & deficit disaster...........................................................................................................................................................................

Reactions: 1 user

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
I see the LNP has quietly slipped Christian "Tobias Funke" Porter and Andrew Laming back into parliament under the convenient distraction of yesterdays budget announcement. But while Laming is clearly a slimy character, its Christian Porter's return which really gets in my grill.

The accusations against him are not only heinous, but IMO totally credible, and he'd be up on criminal charges if NSW police hadn't acted so gutlessly by delaying taking the victims statement.

But the only test we have for this is the defamation proceedings he's bringing against the ABC. The fact his legal team have succeeded in putting a temporary suppression on the ABC's filed defence doesn't come across as the actions of an innocent man who's eager to clear his name in court. More like someone who wants to hide further evidence of his buggering ways from coming to light.

Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I see the LNP has quietly slipped Christian "Tobias Funke" Porter and Andrew Laming back into parliament under the convenient distraction of yesterdays budget announcement. But while Laming is clearly a slimy character, its Christian Porter's return which really gets in my grill.

The accusations against him are not only heinous, but IMO totally credible, and he'd be up on criminal charges if NSW police hadn't acted so gutlessly by delaying taking the victims statement.

But the only test we have for this is the defamation proceedings he's bringing against the ABC. The fact his legal team have succeeded in putting a temporary suppression on the ABC's filed defence doesn't come across as the actions of an innocent man who's eager to clear his name in court. More like someone who wants to hide further evidence of his buggering ways from coming to light.

Just thinking, puts a new slant on the Australian bozo lingo term "Well I'll be buggered."

No thanks !!!

Last edited:

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
So Laming was again voted as the chair of the Standing Committee on Employment, Education and Training. Voted by the same LNP females who made a token media appearance telling everyone how they disgusted they were in him. I guess a 2 hour online "Empathy" training session is enough to make everything good again.

Actually, I wonder if Laming would be able to pass the Working with Children Check with his history. As the Chair of the Education committee, you'd expect he would have to.....

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Scott ‘we must live alongside the virus' Morrison taking credit for Australia's efforts in keeping Covid contained always makes me laugh.

If he'd had his way instead of the Premiers taking control of their states, things would have been very different here.

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Scott ‘we must live alongside the virus' Morrison taking credit for Australia's efforts in keeping Covid contained always makes me laugh.

If he'd had his way instead of the Premiers taking control of their states, things would have been very different here.
Yeh, there's nothing to say we wouldn't be in a worse position if the feds controlled quarantine, given their poor perfomance in the vaccine rollout.

Has a national quarantine approach made any ground?

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I am "surprised" that all those that rail against the supposed subsidies renewable energys received are not then railing against the government intervention the energy market with a $600m subsidy for a polluting fossil fuel.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
I am "surprised" that all those that rail against the supposed subsidies renewable energys received are not then railing against the government intervention the energy market with a $600m subsidy for a polluting fossil fuel.
Sarcasm?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

I chuckled that the "Market Forces" the Libs believe will solve the world's problems, refused to touch their new gas fired plant because it makes no sense.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I chuckled that the "Market Forces" the Libs believe will solve the world's problems, refused to touch their new gas fired plant because it makes no sense.

As a letter in The Age said this morning - don't worry, it will never be built. They made the announcement and they will do their usual and not deliver.

DS

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
I don't think political parties belong in local Governments. The Age report about Anab Mohamd South Yarra is horrible reading and if factual she must be sacked. This is a true test for the Greens. Hate speech like that shouldn’t be accepted by the Greens otherwise they will be the biggest hypocrites in the political system.