Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Porter has dropped his legal action against the ABC..

Thats a shame, I was looking forward to hearing the ABC's defence.

I noticed last week that Louise Milligan tweeted "Alls well that ends well" on Friday night, not long after it was reported both parties had entered mediation. That was a pretty big clue that it wasn't going much further.

Reckon the defamation was always an empty threat from Porter anyway, the ABC should always be allowed to report allegations. The claim that he was easily identifiable by the report was crap anyway, they only named "a cabinet minister". It just turned out that there was only one cabinet ministers Wikipedia page that was furiously being edited in the hours after the report dropped to remove reference to attending the 1988 debating contest, where the rape allegedly occurred.

Such a sorry saga that really should be tested in a court of law. Its a shame NSW police were so gutless and acted in their own political self interest by avoiding taking a statement which would have kicked off a criminal investigation. I hate that he's still a member of parliament at all but hopefully this has completely derailed his ambitions to become prime minister. Also hoping that WA vote him out at the next election and he can bugger off into obscurity.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Morrison is the big winner here - no long drawn out court case with evidence from Porter, no more dragging up writings from beyond the grave, less focus on Brittany Higgins and her complaints.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
If he and most of our other politicians worked in Private enterprises they would have been sacked years ago.
Scummo's been sacked from every private sector job he's had, hasn't he? Certainly from Tourims NZ and Oz.

I'd love Fran Bailey to open up on the almost certainly corrupt and possibly criminal behaviour she sacked him from Tourism Oz for.

Porter only ever sued in an attempt to change the narrative. Bit of grandstanding, smear the ABC, exit stage right having clouded the issue but without anything actually coming out. PR. Image management.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I noticed last week that Louise Milligan tweeted "Alls well that ends well" on Friday night,

she didnt really did she?

when the whole saga is about a woman who was raped at 16, became very unwell and miserable,

and killed herself.

ends well?

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
she didnt really did she?

when the whole saga is about a woman who was raped at 16, became very unwell and miserable,

and killed herself.

ends well?

She did, but i don't think it was in reference to justice for Katherine Thornton, more to do with defamation case being brought against her personally ending - i imagine that was quite stressful even with the backing of her employer. Although i'm not satisfied with the turn of events, there is some justice in what's transpired in the last 24 hours in that the article remains online without retraction. Porter remains reasonably accused of his historical rape.

What we really need is more scrutiny on NSW police's actions after Katherine first announced her intentions to accuse Porter in the first place. How is it acceptable to prevent detectives from travelling interstate to take a statement from the victim due to Covid? This would not occur in a murder investigation - "Oh sorry, we can't arrest the murder suspect because he lives in Wodonga and our detectives are in Albury, such a shame...". This isn't good enough and someone should be held responsible and lose their job at the very least.

Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Porter pulled out because, despite the defamation laws in Australia which are very bad, a defamation case is very risky because all sorts of stuff gets aired in public. Even if Porter won the case, which is doubtful, all sorts of things could have come out during the case.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
how's Morrison 'its not a race' justification?

'he said it, so I said it'

He really is an extraordinarily poor leader.

twice as bad as the worst we've ver had previously I reckon.

he just keeps lowering the bar.

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I didnt want to go for the pun.
Evidently the wall was held up with screws, but Morrison needed a photo op so a nail was lightly put in the wall so he could hold a hammer.-

I would really like to hear from anyone who wants Morrison to win the next election how they can justify voting for someone who lies continually, regardless of the feds stuff ups with quarantine, with vaccinations, ignoring the fact our debt was growing before Covid hit, ignoring the deaths and suffering caused by their "robodeath" program, ignoring all their other disasters, how can anyone justify voting for someone who will continually lie, and omit obvious truths to the Australian people?
While i am sure some on here will still vote for Morrison and the Libs, it is telling not 1 poster has said why they will on this thread. It can only be assumed it is because there is no justifiable reason to do so.

Reactions: 1 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
how's Morrison 'its not a race' justification?

'he said it, so I said it'

He really is an extraordinarily poor leader.

twice as bad as the worst we've ver had previously I reckon.

he just keeps lowering the bar.

The bar has been set at the lowest point in one of ScuMos favourite coal mines

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Clearly the right wingers amongst up have given up on this thread, probably because there is nothing they can say in defence of Morrison and the Libs, and have instead decided to pile on a sick man in Lee's "satire" thread. that sounds about right for anyone who would vote for the LNP, or One Nation, or Clive Palmer.

Reactions: 1 user

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Clearly the right wingers amongst up have given up on this thread, probably because there is nothing they can say in defence of Morrison and the Libs, and have instead decided to pile on a sick man in Lee's "satire" thread. that sounds about right for anyone who would vote for the LNP, or One Nation, or Clive Palmer.
I was talking to a 'kind of' mate the other day and he is a Liberal voter. When I asked him why, he said it is for two reasons 1. "They keep Australia safe!" and 2. they have made it so if you are in the ADF and on duty somewhere, you don't pay any tax on the money you earn during that time.

That was it.

If Labor pushed out that they think the second is spot on, and they will keep that policy, they would probably start to make ADF personnel think more about who they will be voting for.

IMO his points show that he isn't as smart as he thinks he is, and is the selfish twat that we think he is!