Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Is SloMo back yet? If not Barnyard immediately becomes Acting PM, not a bad promotion from being a backbencher yesterday.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Is SloMo back yet? If not Barnyard immediately becomes Acting PM, not a bad promotion from being a backbencher yesterday.

he got himself a $200k/annum pay rise too.

leader of The Hill-Billy Flat-Earthers for Cotton, Coal and Killing Koalas,

The Accountant in an Acubra

gets $433k a year.

thats more than Jason Castagne

Reactions: 1 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Joyce won’t be able to zip his mouth let alone anything else. China will trigger him quickly.

Meanwhile the MP for Ringwood has been up to no good. Taking the name of his seat a bit too seriously in his dealings. I feel for his spouse.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
McCormack is inept but innocuous, Barnyard is inept but dangerous.
And rat cunning, it's interesting that he waited for Morrison to get back from the G7 before he put his hat in the ring........................

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
And rat cunning, it's interesting that he waited for Morrison to get back from the G7 before he put his hat in the ring........................

That may be it, but McCormack wishing the inner city a plague of mice was most likely the final straw for his party. Though Joyce could easily have said to his numbers "We'll wait for one more McCockup stupid comment before we launch" knowing it would be within a week.

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Done his penance for the unspeakable crime of cheating on his wife then getting divorced. Will give us plenty to laugh at.
lucky for him, he never preached about the sanctity of marriage while trying to stop gay people from being able to marry, otherwise he would be a major hypocrite, amongst he many other faults.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
he got himself a $200k/annum pay rise too.

leader of The Hill-Billy Flat-Earthers for Cotton, Coal and Killing Koalas,

The Accountant in an Acubra

gets $433k a year.

thats more than Jason Castagne
I thought we had to love our farmers? Barnaby isn't but it's the farmers and graziers who support the Nationals so they must offer them something the Greens, ALP and Liberals don't. I am born and bred urbanite so have no idea what rural and regional Australians think or feel.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The lack of leadership and the quality of people we have in power is at an all time low.

We need to look to these people with hope and optimism for what's next for this country but the bar is so low Barnaby,
who is Gus from this Simpsons clip....

)

is seen as a GOOD thing. Gently we weep.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I thought we had to love our farmers? Barnaby isn't but it's the farmers and graziers who support the Nationals so they must offer them something the Greens, ALP and Liberals don't. I am born and bred urbanite so have no idea what rural and regional Australians think or feel.
Country people vote for the Nationals out of long-formed habit, despite the party betraying them for decades now. They can't bring themselves to vote Labor because they've been taught to hate 'inner-city elites'. The Shooters and Fishers Party is making some inroads - they are far more representative of country people than the Nats who are just there to help mining companies.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Country people vote for the Nationals out of long-formed habit, despite the party betraying them for decades now. They can't bring themselves to vote Labor because they've been taught to hate 'inner-city elites'. The Shooters and Fishers Party is making some inroads - they are far more representative of country people than the Nats who are just there to help mining companies.

When the Country Party became The National Party they started losing focus on what their constituency wanted. The only reason they still get voted in is because of ingrained loyalty.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I reckon the only people more concerned about climate change than farmers, are people who live on atols.

yes, im an acute optimist, but i reckon the nationals under barnaby are gonna get a real decent kick in the arse this election

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Reading and hearing about the storm victims not having power, being cold and hungry, no fresh water, not feeling safe due to looting is heartbreaking. Then reading the below. Andrew Crisp is a dangerous liability to our state. I would put him in the Richard Colbeck category as uncaring incompetent smiles. First order of business should be for Dan Andrews to give him the sack.

Last edited:

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Geez, looting after a disaster, there sure are some low lifes out there. But this is not unusual. I got flooded decades ago when living in StKilda and there were looters out trying to snatch stuff people had drying out in front of apartment blocks and the like.

I am also on a cycling thread and you see the better side of people sometimes - there is a thread there about avoiding going to the Dandenongs for a ride. The Dandenongs are popular because of some good challenging climbs, but quite a few people putting the word out to avoid them until things are sorted, then go for a climb and spend some cash in their cafes.

DS