Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Absolutely not surprised, they don't want all of their recent corruption being investigated. And it's a very very long list of corruption
It’s not just not being able to investigate their past dodginess, it’s also the fact that anything like this that happens in the future will not meet the threshold to be investigated in the first place, under their proposal

Reactions: 1 user

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
It’s not just not being able to investigate their past dodginess, it’s also the fact that anything like this that happens in the future will not meet the threshold to be investigated in the first place, under their proposal

Yes it's a useless piece of legislation and was designed to be that way. Typical of this Gov who likes to say they're doing things but then do nothing of substance.

Reactions: 1 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
The Liberal party started by Bob Menzies were in power for the 1st 20 or so years of my life. They've been in power at various times since then, NEVER have they been an organization that is as openly corrupt as we are seeing now.

I'm sure Sir Bob would be turning in his grave if he knew what this current bunch of rectums are inflicting on our country

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
The Liberal party started by Bob Menzies were in power for the 1st 20 or so years of my life. They've been in power at various times since then, NEVER have they been an organization that is as openly corrupt as we are seeing now.

I'm sure Sir Bob would be turning in his grave if he knew what this current bunch of rectums are inflicting on our country
Yeh, they are so far removed from the original ideals. They are an ugly party in most areas.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
anyone really surprised?

“The government’s proposed CIC will not be able to do its job – the threshold is too high to begin investigations, and the public is left in the dark without open hearings or public reporting,” said Anthony Whealy QC, chair of the Centre for Public Integrity.

(Prof Anne) Twomey said the CIC has been designed in a way that “would exclude almost everyone who is aware of the corruption from informing the CIC of it”. Members of the public, public servants, ministerial advisers and office staff are not able to make a referral when they become aware that a member or minister is behaving corruptly.

“This is a shamefully inadequate system, which appears designed to protect the corrupt from investigation,” she said.
Not surprised. Need a lot more money, power and independence to be put into this. The State Government are the same. Both Governments have reduced funding to independent bodies as they are unwilling to face any scrutiny.

While we are at it. All politicians and senior public servants need to be audited by the tax department every couple of years.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Another "loss" for this shitful government, but a "win" for people with disability and those that care about how they are supported.

Reactions: 5 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I do like the look of The New Liberals
They're making a lot of good noises. If they can add more quality candidates I could see them stealing quite a few votes from moderate to progressive Liberals who despise Morrison and co. but can't bring themselves to vote Labor.

Julian Burnside was a big chance to unseat Frydenblerg in Kooyong last election running for the Greens, until the Libs nach tipped a big ol' barrel of pork into the battling area.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
They're making a lot of good noises. If they can add more quality candidates I could see them stealing quite a few votes from moderate to progressive Liberals who despise Morrison and co. but can't bring themselves to vote Labor.

Julian Burnside was a big chance to unseat Frydenblerg in Kooyong last election running for the Greens, until the Libs nach tipped a big ol' barrel of pork into the battling area.

Good to see them put a hornets nest under Porter by saying they are launching a private legal action against him.

I wonder who they will preference, the greens? :confused:

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Good to see them put a hornets nest under Porter by saying they are launching a private legal action against him.

I wonder who they will preference, the greens? :confused:
Yeah, love that move. Gets them publicity too and boosts their profile.

I think they will preference the Greens. They'd get my vote before the Greens would.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
So I don't know where I am. I do like the look of The New Liberals
Interesting, I wonder how some here feel about this policy item:

"We believe in Modern Monetary Theory, which is really an updated form of that Keynesianism which got the world out of the Great Depression and which created prosperity, full employment (and more than enough wealth for the wealthy), around the western world in the post war period. Our policy is heavily influenced by a number of modern monetary theorists, and in particular by the work of William Mitchell and Thomas Fazi: Reclaiming the State (Pluto Press, London, 2017)."

and of course their climate policy: "The New Liberals believe that the World must reach net zero emissions by 2035 and that to delay any further will risk the very existence of our planet. We recognise that achieving this goal will cause difficulties in many areas. But we believe the nation is willing to endure those difficulties for the sake of our children and grandchildren."

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Been a clear strategy from Liberal politicians on TV recently to just keep bulldozing through interviewers tough questions & keep rambling on & on to fill the airwaves with rubbish. It's excutiating. They talk over other guests or over interviewers questions. They just won't shut up. Rude & arrogant to the extreme. It's totally deliberate to avoid scrutiny & disrupt journalists.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Been a clear strategy from Liberal politicians on TV recently to just keep bulldozing through interviewers tough questions & keep rambling on & on to fill the airwaves with rubbish. It's excutiating. They talk over other guests or over interviewers questions. They just won't shut up. Rude & arrogant to the extreme. It's totally deliberate to avoid scrutiny & disrupt journalists.
Yes, Morrison annoys me, when answering a question he goes on and on like he's delivering a sermon.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Absolutely not surprised, they don't want all of their recent corruption being investigated. And it's a very very long list of corruption.

Morrison's lies are breathtaking. Just in the last 24 hours he's lied directly to the public without any shame whatsoever.

This went across my twitter screen last week for those wanting to bum themselves out by researching a range of the rorts/ lies/ disgusting acts of the LNP Govt in Oz...

1625883864516.png

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Yeah he did and from what I recall he was pulverised at the ballot. The car park rorts wouldn't have helped.
My bad. Thought previous poster was thinking he ran as a New Liberal. On the upside, my memory is still working!