Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I have a question for those who vote for the LNP. Would you accept the same behaviour from a Labour Govt. as we are experiencing from the present Liberal Govt. I bet I know what the answer will be.
To be quite honest I know I wouldn't.
I detest what our Government has become, the Lying, rorting, manipulation of policy to advantage mates, cheating the system, ripping off the disadvantaged, the pork barreling, ( the pork would be mammoth sized).

Frankly I'm really not fussed which party is in Government. What I want most of all is a Govt. that does what's best for Australia & Australians, NOT what's best for the pollies themselves & their fat cat mates.

Is that too much to ask.

Maybe it is.

Reactions: 3 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

That climate sceptic rogue from Rockhampton, Queensland Liberal National senator Matt Canavan, fired up social media with an attention-grabbing post asking “Does anyone know whether the Taliban will sign up to net zero?”

A vote for the Libs/Nats is a vote for quality people like Matt Canavan.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I have a question for those who vote for the LNP. Would you accept the same behaviour from a Labour Govt. as we are experiencing from the present Liberal Govt. I bet I know what the answer will be.
I suspect many LNP voters have this thread on ignore.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Typical Morrison obfuscation tactic of scattering information between covid & Afghanistan to scramble the messaging during their press conferences. Making it difficult for the press & listeners to follow.
One minute of covid, one minute of Afghanistan..rinse repeat.
*smile* assholes.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Has anyone read up about ICook foods and SlugGate?

After watching the interviews today I think Brett Sutton among others are in huge strife. It will become a huge story as the year progresses.

Last edited:

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Has anyone read up about ICook foods and SlugGate?

After watching the interviews today I think Brett Sutton among others are in huge strife. It will become a huge story as the year progresses.
It’s disgusting what’s happened with iCook foods.
I fear though that nothing will come of the investigation with convenient memory losses, scapegoats and further cover ups to happen. I hope not and it’s going to be a fully open and public investigation

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Newspoll:
- Labor ahead 2PP 54/46.
- Labor primary 40 (+1), LNP 36 (-3), Greens 10 (-1), PHON 3(0)
- Morrison approve 49 (+2), disapprove 47 (-2), net approval 2.
- Albanese approve 40 (+2), disapprove 47 (+1), net -7.

No big surprise The Australian is leading is a large front page story on the preferred PM results.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Newspoll:
- Labor ahead 2PP 54/46.

No big surprise The Australian is leading is a large front page story on the preferred PM results.
How could anyone, even someone who would never vote for anyone but the Libs, approve of the job Morrison is doing as PM??

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
How could anyone, even someone who would never vote for anyone but the Libs, approve of the job Morrison is doing as PM??
Well Albo has never been PM so it's really a vote for the unknown. It would be good to see a preferred PM poll putting Morrison, Abbott and Turnbull up against each other.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Well Albo has never been PM so it's really a vote for the unknown. It would be good to see a preferred PM poll putting Morrison, Abbott and Turnbull up against each other.
so when given the choice between someone we know is a terrible PM, or an unknown people choice the terrible PM?
Bizarre.

Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Newspoll:
- Labor ahead 2PP 54/46.

Labor needs a stronger leader

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
If Albo and Michael O’Brien want to get elected they need to both have a platform of corruption. For example increase by 5 times the funding of IBAC. This would be revenue positive as it will weed out so many corrupt practices that are are both levels of Government.

I doubt that they will do it, though as they are all too comfortable and want to pull the same levers if they were in Government.

Last edited: