Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
That business with Keneally is easy solved - dump her in Fitzgibbon's seat which he is vacating (Kristina - win the seat or be damned) and Tu Le can contest the Sydney seat.

I should be hired as a political fixer!

DS

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
With Porter it's not so much the "crime" but the cover up that will bring him down. he is now a dead weight. ScoMo will be weighing up if can carry him through the election or does keeping him provide an easy target for opposition and so a constant distraction. Cynically though how many people will change their vote based on whether Porter stays or goes?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
.. :oops:

As if we needed any confirmation that these *smile* don't give a *smile* about any of the foundations of democracy.

this is appalling.

Why and how do they keep raising the bar on corruption, we ask?

cause they keep getting away with it.

and why do they keep getting away with it is the next obvious question?

and the answer cannot exclude the suggestion that Anthony Albonese is almost entirely useless.

Forget Murdoch. Albonese is the only man who can deliver us another 4 years of LNP imho

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
An interesting development with Australia signing a trilateral agreement with the USA and the UK for nuclear submarines.

Looks like Australia is going nuclear.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
An interesting development with Australia signing a trilateral agreement with the USA and the UK for nuclear submarines.

It would be more diligent for Australia to publicly (or privately if your LNP) burn a big $100b pile of green hundreds on the ground of Parliament House,

than buy submarines.

we *smile* it up acutely every single time.

I reckon there must be a joke about Australia and submarines told at embassy dinner parties the world over.

these ones will get delivered 20 years after China assembles a fleet of sea-water powered invisible super sonic unsinkable subs

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Champion
Apr 29, 2006
It would be more diligent for Australia to publicly (or privately if your LNP) burn a big $100b pile of green hundreds on the ground of Parliament House,

than buy submarines.

I reckon there must be a joke about Australia and submarines told at embassy dinner parties the world over.

these ones will get delivered 20 years after China assembles a fleet of sea-water powered invisible super sonic unsinkable subs
Burning $100b on the lawn would be better because at least it would keep a few people warm during a Canberra winter.

Subs without nukes are useless. A monstrous waste of cash.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

than buy submarines.

And then there's the F35 fiasco.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
and why do they keep getting away with it is the next obvious question?

and the answer cannot exclude the suggestion that Anthony Albonese is almost entirely useless.

Forget Murdoch. Albonese is the only man who can deliver us another 4 years of LNP imho

I think you underestimate the Murdoch effect.

Reactions: 2 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
I think today’s announcement of closer ties with USA and the UK had to be done. China with its actions in the South China Sea and it’s large build up of military force make Australia a prime target for its bully boy tactics.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

So the deal with France goes to waste for an even more expensive deal. Yet we can't fund essential services properly.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I think you underestimate the Murdoch effect.

not at all.

Morrison keep handing Labour free hits, and they dont even swing a punch, let alone land one.

Can you recall seeing Albonese looking down the camera and getting stuck into them on The ABC or in The guardian?

The only blokes swinging are Turnbull and Shorten.

Porter has just publicly accepted $1m in a brown paper bag. there should be blood flowing in the streets of Canberra.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
I think today’s announcement of closer ties with USA and the UK had to be done. China with its actions in the South China Sea and it’s large build up of military force make Australia a prime target for its bully boy tactics.

So we antagonise them even further with a deal that will be useless in the future.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
not at all.

Morrison keep handing Labour free hits, and they dont even swing a punch, let alone land one.

Can you recall seeing Albonese looking down the camera and getting stuck into them on The ABC or in The guardian?

The only blokes swinging are Turnbull and Shorten.

Porter has just publicly accepted $1m in a brown paper bag. there should be blood flowing in the streets of Canberra.

Could he be more effective? Sure. I still think the Murdoch effect is huge.

Reactions: 3 users

BT Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
So we're going nuclear but only for propulsion, not weaponry. What's the go with the $90B french subs? Do we get a refund? Or is it a bit like JobKeeper?

Also it was hilarious that Biden seemed to forget Scott Morrison's name, referring to him as "that bloke down under" before awkwardly trailing off.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Could he be more effective? Sure. I still think the Murdoch effect is huge.
Agree. Just look at what happened in the States. Trump was elected because a large section of the media carried his message, amplified his message and lied. He even tried to subvert an election and take over parliament by force, yet he's still free and his party and subverting every attempt to hold people accountable. Australia isn't there yet, but lets not forget the media org that made trump what he is and continues to support him is Australian.

The opposition are too timid at the moment. Albo and the relevant shadow ministers should be pushing to get on every media outlet to scream about the corruption. Or maybe they are waiting to unleash in the run up to the election.

Regardless though, the Libs have shown just how much a Government can get away with. Only the naive will think the next Government wont take the same liberties.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Regardless though, the Libs have shown just how much a Government can get away with. Only the naive will think the next Government wont take the same liberties.

Absolutely they get away with 'murder' so they will just get worse and worse. This if nothing else is a reason to vote them out.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
So we antagonise them even further with a deal that will be useless in the future.

What would you do then? And how is it useless in the future?

And I don’t see how this is a useless pact. The way I see it is the USA and UK are openly telling China and other countries they have our back.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Absolutely they get away with 'murder' so they will just get worse and worse.

Dunno about 'murder', but one could certainly form the opinion that they got away with

'anal rape leading to suicide'

• Sad