Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Can we get today’s Daily Double with D/Ship Dan resigning next
You can only hope !!
Politicians have destroyed Australia

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Federal ICAC next.
Agree. And State ICAC also needed just as much. MP’s and senior Public servants who are corrupt would be having a field day over the last 18 months. It’s the perfect storm for corruption.

I would like the ATO to audit all MP’s and senior government officials.

Printing of money by the Reserve Bank, power vacuums with a lack of scrutiny in that only a few MP’s are running the state. Parliament sitting only occasionally, lack of general accountability. Most of these MP’s and a large amount of public servants wouldn’t last 5 minutes in private enterprise.

First order of action should be a Royal Commission into water. Water entitlements don’t have to be declared in a MP’s balance sheet. They don’t have own the land that can use the water. And from what I hear and have read over the years it’s both sides of politics that own the water. It’s a disgrace.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The Governments are stripping funding away from the departments that can investigate them. We need a huge injection of money into these bodies. If Albo or Guy announce a huge funding injection into these bodies they will have my vote.

In terms of Albo, he would have to establish an anti-corruption body federally before he could put more money into it, can't see that happening.

Couldn't agree more. In light of that, South Australia's watering down of ICAC by both major parties is concerning.

Yeah, big surprise there.

Let's face it, the politicians are not about to establish halfway effective anti-corruption bodies unless they are forced to. Forcing them is close to impossible with the major parties almost impossible to dislodge from the Treasury benches. Even if a politician is not corrupt, they will know plenty in their party who are.

Printing of money by the Reserve Bank, power vacuums with a lack of scrutiny in that only a few MP’s are running the state. Parliament sitting only occasionally, lack of general accountability. Most of these MP’s and a large amount of public servants wouldn’t last 5 minutes in private enterprise.

They last very well in the private sector because the private sector appreciates the ability to put their snouts in the trough of public money. Government has a couple of monopolies, over things like public safety and security, and there's nothing the private sector likes more than a nice monopoly to profit from.

The system is corrupt.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
NSW premier contender Dom Perrottet - 6 kids at 39, devout catholic, anti-abortion, anti gay marriage, etc etc etc ..

and in Scottys reshuffle - another Hillsong devotee makes the cabinet, Alex Hawke - he of the Ruby Princess debacle...
and Ben Morton - super conservative on immigration, welfare (he calls it a "privilege") ...

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 3 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Yep we should treat them the way they deserve, the same way they treat their constituents, With Contempt.
Dan Andrews is a totally disgrace. Lost memory blames others , and people stand by him . Absolutely delusional!!

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
You say same about corrupt Dan ?
Yep I’ve called his HQ a complete mis management. Inept - which is different to wilful corruption and such actions as purposeful mis direction of funds.

How about you and corrupt Berejiklian ? Or is she some “heroic” champion ?

Reactions: 2 users