Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
NSW premier contender Dom Perrottet - 6 kids at 39, devout catholic, anti-abortion, anti gay marriage, etc etc etc ..

and in Scottys reshuffle - another Hillsong devotee makes the cabinet, Alex Hawke - he of the Ruby Princess debacle...
and Ben Morton - super conservative on immigration, welfare (he calls it a "privilege") ...
geez having "too many" kids is an issue for you? cotch had three kids before he was 30 ,,, plenty of time to beat 6
You barrack for a club built by Catholics.
The other items aren't good.

Reactions: 1 user

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Yep I’ve called his HQ a complete mis management. Inept - which is different to wilful corruption and such actions as purposeful mis direction of funds.

How about you and corrupt Berejiklian ? Or is she some “heroic” champion ?
As I have said many many times . Federal and state governments in Australia irrelevant of what party are totally useless ! I am neither left nor right . The corrupt governments at all levels is laughable. Interesting Fair Work Commission recent statement about Vaccinated workers will make next week very interesting . Am off to have a beer .At least in QLD we have our freedom .

Reactions: 1 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
As I have said many many times . Federal and state governments in Australia irrelevant of what party are totally useless ! I am neither left nor right . The corrupt governments at all levels is laughable. Interesting Fair Work Commission recent statement about Vaccinated workers will make next week very interesting . Am off to have a beer .At least in QLD we have our freedom .
Hi Stig, I respect you for moving to Queensland good on you. Sounds like your days are better than ours in Victoria.

My biggest criticism is that we aren’t locked down we are still so restricted. It’s that we live in lockdown lite for weeks and weeks after a lockdown. You go hard with lockdowns I understand that. But as soon as you are out of lockdown you give as many freedoms as you can while the going is good.

For example you couldn’t have spectators at local community sport but they can play footy. But you can’t have 120 cars around the ground watching as that is too dangerous but having 42 people going at it over multiple games is no risk. Lockdown lite has caused fatigue of lockdown to the levels we have seen now as you can’t do much when the going is good. People need to live. We were the nanny state before Covid. And we still are now.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
geez having "too many" kids is an issue for you? cotch had three kids before he was 30 ,,, plenty of time to beat 6
You barrack for a club built by Catholics.
The other items aren't good.
where did i say that ?
don't go too deep 22nd ... 'twas but factual info....
I've got a bakers dozen btw, and not all of them are human...

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
In terms of Albo, he would have to establish an anti-corruption body federally before he could put more money into it, can't see that happening.

Yeah, big surprise there.

Let's face it, the politicians are not about to establish halfway effective anti-corruption bodies unless they are forced to. Forcing them is close to impossible with the major parties almost impossible to dislodge from the Treasury benches. Even if a politician is not corrupt, they will know plenty in their party who are.

They last very well in the private sector because the private sector appreciates the ability to put their snouts in the trough of public money. Government has a couple of monopolies, over things like public safety and security, and there's nothing the private sector likes more than a nice monopoly to profit from.

The system is corrupt.

DS

Having a National ICAC was federal Labor policy before the last election.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Hi Stig, I respect you for moving to Queensland good on you. Sounds like your days are better than ours in Victoria.

My biggest criticism is that we aren’t locked down we are still so restricted. It’s that we live in lockdown lite for weeks and weeks after a lockdown. You go hard with lockdowns I understand that. But as soon as you are out of lockdown you give as many freedoms as you can while the going is good.

For example you couldn’t have spectators at local community sport but they can play footy. But you can’t have 120 cars around the ground watching as that is too dangerous but having 42 people going at it over multiple games is no risk. Lockdown lite has caused fatigue of lockdown to the levels we have seen now as you can’t do much when the going is good. People need to live. We were the nanny state before Covid. And we still are now.
Totally agree . That’s why I left . Ridiculous rules that makes zero sense

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009

Here is the link. I don’t think Andrews would be too worried. But there most likely will be a few casualties out of this as they have phone calls on this.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
So why did Gladys resign?
Those sort of rorts have been going on since Adam was a boy, granted, Morrison has taken it to another level with the sports rorts.
Did she quit because she hadn't disclosed her relationship with Maguire when the grants were given?
Or has she been tipped off about something else, phone taps perhaps?

Last edited:

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
So why did Gladys resign?
Those sort of rorts have been going on since Adam was a boy, granted, Morrison has taken it to another level with the sports roots.
Did she quit because she hadn't disclosed her relationship with Maguire when the grants were given?
Or has she been tipped off about something else, phone taps perhaps?

Not sure if the link works but it explains why there should be no tears for GB

Reactions: 3 users

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006

There is also the matter of the millions and millions parked in a secret account to keep it out of official state bookkeeping and auditing. I think a mate told me that the account ends up with an extra half a million dollars adding to it from interest each year, but may have misheard. All from completely messed up public transport deals.

Reactions: 1 users