Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
There is also the matter of the millions and millions parked in a secret account to keep it out of official state bookkeeping and auditing. I think a mate told me that the account ends up with an extra half a million dollars adding to it from interest each year, but may have misheard. All from completely messed up public transport deals.
Was doing some back reading on ABC site this morning on GB but didn't see any reference to this ? Was all about The Gun Club. At the bottom of several articles they mention and a Musical Society. But have not seen any explanation of what's up with that one.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I hope no one is naive enough to believe that government spending is not 100% political.

Dan for example says to his caucus, we can afford to build two hospitals, three schools andone train Lin extension but you backbenches have given me reasons to build 7 hospitals, nine schools and extend every train line except the Alamein one. Shall we let the Secretray of Heatlth, Education and Transport decide or should we debate it in here? Just before we start here are the latest polling our alp state office has conducted..........

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

Here is the link. I don’t think Andrews would be too worried. But there most likely will be a few casualties out of this as they have phone calls on this.
This has been around for a while. It is about branch stacking and using public funded employees in electoral offices to perform political activities.
I am definitely not defending that, it is part of the blurring of lines between public administration and politics that I detest. I do however suspect there a few LNP politicians that may be (and should be) worried about the same thing.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
This has been around for a while. It is about branch stacking and using public funded employees in electoral offices to perform political activities.
I am definitely not defending that, it is part of the blurring of lines between public administration and politics that I detest. I do however suspect there a few LNP politicians that may be (and should be) worried about the same thing.

Our PM for one.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I thought cynically yesterday, even by my standards,

'now with an ICAC investigation Gladys has completed her CV to go for Federal Libs. Shes got the cherry on top'

and today, they want to trot her out in Warringa

these *smile* are incredible

:vomit

its not cynisism if its true is it?

im becoming increasing truical with every passing day

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Never had less faith, belief or trust of state and federal leaders.

Reactions: 5 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
4 Corners tonight was very interesting in the wake of some high profile NSW State Government departures this week..
There's a lot of dirty money in the world isn't there.
One wonders how many billions of that money is in Australia, thanks to the "Significant Investment Visa".
It so easy to become an Australian Permanent Resident, they just buy their way in.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
The PM is really trying hard to push the line that ICAC doesn't presume innocence.

They're really scared of a federal equivalent. Bring it on I reckon.

How good would politics be if we could actually see pollies held accountable for corruption on a regular basis?

Reactions: 9 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Yep another day, another Liberal attacking ICAC. Thou doth protest too much..

I wonder if ScuMo would use the same rhetoric if Dan was in the same boat. I seriously doubt it. It'd be more like "what a corrupt party he leads"

Reactions: 1 user

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
I wonder if ScuMo would use the same rhetoric if Dan was in the same boat. I seriously doubt it. It'd be more like "what a corrupt party he leads"

Not only that, but he often bandies the excuse that it would be inappropriate to comment on ongoing investigations, such as who in his office knew what about Brittany Higgins rape.

Yet on this matter he's not only happy to comment on the investigation, but to disparage the body doing the investigating. The hypocrisy is nauseating.

Reactions: 4 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
FA54izEUcAQTyKA.jpg

Muddy the waters, deliberately create a sense of doubt.

He's a *smile* who's running scared of an organisation that might hold the behaviour of him & his gang accountable.

The calls for a Federal ICAC need to be stronger than ever.

Reactions: 7 users