Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
I thought cynically yesterday, even by my standards,

'now with an ICAC investigation Gladys has completed her CV to go for Federal Libs. Shes got the cherry on top'

and today, they want to trot her out in Warringa

these *smile* are incredible

:vomit

its not cynisism if its true is it?

im becoming increasing truical with every passing day
nothing wrong with identifying corruption eZy ..
and the media keep cheering it on ..

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
nothing wrong with identifying corruption eZy ..
and the media keep cheering it on ..

the only thing wrong with a well-funded and legislated independent anti-corruption organisation ........

well I honestly couldn't tell ya.

I'll leave that to blokes like Angus Taylor

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
View attachment 13802

Muddy the waters, deliberately create a sense of doubt.

He's a *smile* who's running scared of an organisation that might hold the behaviour of him & his gang accountable.

The calls for a Federal ICAC need to be stronger than ever.

Do you reckon Morrison showed a photo of Eddie Obeid to the focus group?

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
The PM is really trying hard to push the line that ICAC doesn't presume innocence.

They're really scared of a federal equivalent. Bring it on I reckon.

How good would politics be if we could actually see pollies held accountable for corruption on a regular basis?
This is also why...

Lobby groups should be outlawed
All donations should be viewable in realtime, as in many other countries.

Politics in Australia is an absolute disgrace in 2021. Hopefully it leads to many ppl voting for a great local independent at the next election(s).

Reactions: 2 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
There will never be a federal ICAC established. Both major parties have too much to hide and lose and there aren’t enough independents and minor party members to have the numbers to get it up

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
the only thing wrong with a well-funded and legislated independent anti-corruption organisation ........

well I honestly couldn't tell ya.

I'll leave that to blokes like Angus Taylor
boom ...

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
This is also why...

Lobby groups should be outlawed
All donations should be viewable in realtime, as in many other countries.

Politics in Australia is an absolute disgrace in 2021. Hopefully it leads to many ppl voting for a great local independent at the next election(s).
why would independents be less corrupt?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
There will never be a federal ICAC established. Both major parties have too much to hide and lose and there aren’t enough independents and minor party members to have the numbers to get it up

Actually I lied to @DavidSSS earlier, it wasn't Labor policy to have a Federal ICAC last election. They do have a "National Integrity Commission" as part of their 2021 platform.

• Wow
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Its an ALP policy to establish one.
It's Liberal Party policy too, we just need to give ScoMo a bit more time, it's only been 3 years.

Scott Morrison announces anti-corruption commission, buckling to crossbench pressure​

By political reporter Brett Worthington

Posted Thu 13 Dec 2018 at 8:18amThursday 13 Dec 2018 at 8:18am, updated Thu 13 Dec 2018 at 11:43am

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
ScoMo's version of ICAC would have it so all investigations and outcomes of the investigations would fall under the secrecies act so we'd have to trust the Government that everything is hunky dory

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
It's Liberal Party policy too, we just need to give ScoMo a bit more time, it's only been 3 years.

Scott Morrison announces anti-corruption commission, buckling to crossbench pressure​

By political reporter Brett Worthington

Posted Thu 13 Dec 2018 at 8:18amThursday 13 Dec 2018 at 8:18am, updated Thu 13 Dec 2018 at 11:43am

Another ScuMo mirror promise "Yes I'll look into it". And nothing happens.

We should call him the man in the mirror

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
4 Corners tonight was very interesting in the wake of some high profile NSW State Government departures this week..
"You need to provide more proof of identity to get a library card or pick up a parcel from the post office than what you need to register a company in Australia."

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
What has happened to Gladys is not an argument against a Federal ICAC, it is one of the best arguments as to why we desperately need one.

DS

Reactions: 4 users