Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Trade radio was doing my head in..... I've been watching the IBAC hearings...
*smile* politicians and their political flunkies.... a law unto themselves!
Makes you wonder how much time is actually spent doing the job WE pay them to do!

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Hey look over there..Aussies in space!
“Australia’s rover will catch a ride on the rocket to the moon and then it will be operated whereby it will collect the lunar soil – then NASA will determine the level of oxygen in the soil for us then to determine how is it that we can actually sustain human life on the moon,” Ms Price said.

Thank You Melissa Price... geezuz... what year is this ?! it's embarrassing ...

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
how is it that we can actually sustain human life on the moon

Narrator voice-over - you can't

One of my current bugbears is the fantasy of setting up a colony on Mars. 1% earth's atmosphere density and it's all CO2. 50 times the solar radiation of earth so you would have to live in dwellings coated by CO2 ice and a metre of soil, so no windows. Also if you go outside you get a fatal dose of radiation after about three years, so you'd have to use drones to do stuff outside. The soil is toxic. Temperatures subzero. 38% Earth's gravity means your muscles will waste away you'll get cardiovascular problems.

As per this video "Mars is awful and you almost certainly don't want to go there".

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

BT Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
The whole living on Mars is just a marketing ploy by Elon Musk. He doesn't use standard marketing, he IS the marketing. Cult of personality.

So when he talks about sending people to Mars he's really just drawing attention to his own businesses.

Reactions: 1 user

TT33

GO TIGES!!!
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
The whole living on Mars is just a marketing ploy by Elon Musk. He doesn't use standard marketing, he IS the marketing. Cult of personality.

So when he talks about sending people to Mars he's really just drawing attention to his own businesses.

NASA has been pushing the Mars barrow for almost 50 years, I recently read book about Neil Armstrong & it was part of Nasa's agenda way back in the late 60s early 70s. Musk is very much a late comer to the equation.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
NASA has been pushing the Mars barrow for almost 50 years, I recently read book about Neil Armstrong & it was part of Nasa's agenda way back in the late 60s early 70s. Musk is very much a late comer to the equation.

Yes, there's always the assumption that we can solve these problems when the time comes, which may be true! Anyone who thinks we can burn this planet then terraform Mars to make it habitable is nuts though. This place is the best place in the universe to live, for us.

And I say this as a scifi nut who loves the idea of interstellar travel.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Howard at least had a vision - a selfish, insular vision, but he was effective at pursuing it.

Abbott didn't really have vision, just a desire to return to the values of the British Empire, but he was at least passionate about it.

Turnbull had a vision to turn the Libs towards an environmentally conscious future - couldn't get it done, but now the LNP have admitted they have to go that way after wasting the last decade on denialism.

But ScoMo really is the proverbial hollow man. Barbeques, fake cooking at home pictures, that's all he's got. The most vacuous, meaningless campaign promise of all time.

And he's done nothing since, so he's lived up to that promise.

Reactions: 5 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Howard at least had a vision - a selfish, insular vision, but he was effective at pursuing it.

Abbott didn't really have vision, just a desire to return to the values of the British Empire, but he was at least passionate about it.

Turnbull had a vision to turn the Libs towards an environmentally conscious future - couldn't get it done, but now the LNP have admitted they have to go that way after wasting the last decade on denialism.

But ScoMo really is the proverbial hollow man. Barbeques, fake cooking at home pictures, that's all he's got. The most vacuous, meaningless campaign promise of all time.

And he's done nothing since, so he's lived up to that promise.
I think we have forgotten how bad abbott was.

Reactions: 2 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights