Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Marcon gave ScoMo and almighty slap.

Journo: Do you think he (ScoMo) lied to you?
Marcon: I don't think, I know.

Extraordinary in the global diplomatic world. When you add the Biden seems to be taking France's side in this, Morrison might as well catch the next flight back to limit the damage he's causing being there.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I almost feel sorry for Gladys at ICAC. She's completely falling apart under questioning, memory is failing her.. :oops:
It's her short term memory as well as long term :) Last Friday they played a recording of her saying to Maguire that she had got him the $170 million in 5 minutes. Three days later she denied saying it.
You've got to have a very good memory to be a good liar, I thought she was better than that......................telling lies that is.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

Extraordinary in the global diplomatic world. When you add the Biden seems to be taking France's side in this, Morrison might as well catch the next flight back to limit the damage he's causing being there.
Watching Frydenberg this morning refusing to answer direct questions, such as is Morrison a liar, was politics at its best................or worst.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

His non-plan to deal with climate change will also be torn to shreds there.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
His non-plan to deal with climate change will also be torn to shreds there.
The thing I find most confounding about it is that constantly SCOMO and others have been taking the line that those who were committing to the 2050 targets were doing so without a detailed costed plan of how to get there and that the LNP would never do that.
Then they submit a plan which is not costed and includes technologies that are largely unproven or don't exist. They must think the electorate are a bunch of fools. Maybe they are right.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The ICAC has gone into a private session.

When Robertson asked whether anyone had advised her to tell her chief of staff about her relationship with Maguire (sooner than when she did) she said not to my recollection.
Robertson then asked for it to briefly go into a private session. Looks like, she has been busted lying again, at a guess I'd say a family member or someone not yet mentioned had told her to fess up.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
The ICAC has gone into a private session.

When Robertson asked whether anyone had advised her to tell her chief of staff about her relationship with Maguire (sooner than when she did) she said not to my recollection.
Robertson then asked for it to briefly go into a private session. Looks like, she has been busted lying again, at a guess I'd say a family member or someone not yet mentioned had told her to fess up.

Yep you just beat me to it. A private session could suggest there's something rather damning being examined.

Will be interesting too see whether she is quite so belligerent to the commission after this.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Yep you just beat me to it. A private session could suggest there's something rather damning being examined.

Will be interesting too see whether she is quite so belligerent to the commission after this.
Will details of the private session ever become public knowledge? Such as at the conclusion of the inquiry.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Barnaby Joyce says today in regard to the French - "We didn't deface the Eiffel Tower" and "It was only a contract"

and Scotty Morrison - " I won't cop sledging on Australia".
Macron didn't say anything detrimental about Australia. Nothing. He called Morrison out. Kudos to him

Australians vote these halfwits in ... so the lack of intellect should come as no surprise ..

Now lets watch the media spin it into patriotic crud ...

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Macron played it beautifully. Said he respected Australia and its people (and by omission, not Morrison), then called him a liar.

The Hollow Man is being exposed by actual leaders of substance. No wonder he didn't want to go.

Reactions: 5 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Macron played it beautifully. Said he respected Australia and its people (and by omission, not Morrison), then called him a liar.

The Hollow Man is being exposed by actual leaders of substance. No wonder he didn't want to go.
Yet Morrison says he won't cop slurs against 'Australia'. Newsflash..you're on your own here mate.

Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The thing I find most confounding about it is that constantly SCOMO and others have been taking the line that those who were committing to the 2050 targets were doing so without a detailed costed plan of how to get there and that the LNP would never do that.
Then they submit a plan which is not costed and includes technologies that are largely unproven or don't exist. They must think the electorate are a bunch of fools. Maybe they are right.

Yeah, and then when asked about a plan, I think it was Angus Taylor saying he couldn't commit future governments to expenditure on climate change . . . but they seem to have no problem committing future governments to pay some unknown amount at some unspecified time to buy some nuclear subs.

Bunch of lying hypocrites.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Spot on Sin.
Pitching it as a 2050 plan but only costed with 20 billion towards 2030.
They have NFI idea how much it will cost or eevn if it's possible. Just more slogans & spin.
It's not a tax though, just tax payer dollars..
Speers nailed Angus Taylor on Insiders last weekend.
This is purely a ruse to appease an increasingly anxious public about an important issue & hope it's enough to get re-elected.
I sure hope it isn't.