Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Marcon gave ScoMo and almighty slap.

Journo: Do you think he (ScoMo) lied to you?
Marcon: I don't think, I know.

Extraordinary in the global diplomatic world. When you add the Biden seems to be taking France's side in this, Morrison might as well catch the next flight back to limit the damage he's causing being there.
I bet he’s wishing he didn’t go. He’s out of his depth anywhere but the real shallow end.

Reactions: 1 user

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
So if he has some proof that Macron knew surely he is entitled to use it after being called a liar?
I would have thought so. The French only have themselves to blame. If they were on time and budget that’s another story.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I would have thought so. The French only have themselves to blame. If they were on time and budget that’s another story.
It's the inconsistency that I'm highlighting. Morrison will do anything to control the narrative that paints him in any sort favourable light. Even betray international leaders confidence. Not that I think this text absolves him either.
If it's negative information or text messages, does that ever get leaked to the press? Not on your life.
That's when the 'National security' card gets played.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Did the Wagga Hospital get the $170m? Should they pay it back given it was inappropriately approved?
The normal process for an investment of that size is pretty well defined. Infrastructure projects of that size have a preliminery business case done and there are many that go to Government, many of which never get funded. They are fairly comprehensive but don't include all the detailed planning. In the case of a hospital the Dept of Health would then prioritise investments based on their perception of need and look at system wide issues e.g. could certain patients go to Albury etc.
The normal steps then are that a Government will make a decision, fund a full Business case which would be more comprehensive in regards to things like detailed services planning, keeping the hospital open whilst building, environmental assessments, full financial costing and even down to workforce planning. The way it would be funded is that the full Business case would be in the budget and then the cost of building and operating in the forward estimates ( 4 years ahead). These Business cases are big, take many months to prepare and cost $ millions to do generally.
For the Wagga hospital if that process was not followed then the process has been circumvented for political reasons. One example of this is what the LNP in Victoria did with the East West tunnel just before the election which never had a full business case and never was in the forward estimates. ( personally I was for the East West tunnel but the fact is it was fast tracked for political reasons)
It would be relatively easy to check NSW budgets and forward estimates from the past to see whether Gladys circumvented the process or not

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
ScoMo will say anything and do anything for short term political advantage. Wreck Australia's reputation? No problem if it helps with getting votes.

He is a complete embarrassment at Glasgow and the way they f*cked up the submarine business is coming back to bite him.

I can only hope that enough voters see ScoMo for the self serving and incompetent idiot that he is.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
The normal process for an investment of that size is pretty well defined. Infrastructure projects of that size have a preliminery business case done and there are many that go to Government, many of which never get funded. They are fairly comprehensive but don't include all the detailed planning. In the case of a hospital the Dept of Health would then prioritise investments based on their perception of need and look at system wide issues e.g. could certain patients go to Albury etc.
The normal steps then are that a Government will make a decision, fund a full Business case which would be more comprehensive in regards to things like detailed services planning, keeping the hospital open whilst building, environmental assessments, full financial costing and even down to workforce planning. The way it would be funded is that the full Business case would be in the budget and then the cost of building and operating in the forward estimates ( 4 years ahead). These Business cases are big, take many months to prepare and cost $ millions to do generally.
For the Wagga hospital if that process was not followed then the process has been circumvented for political reasons. One example of this is what the LNP in Victoria did with the East West tunnel just before the election which never had a full business case and never was in the forward estimates. ( personally I was for the East West tunnel but the fact is it was fast tracked for political reasons)
It would be relatively easy to check NSW budgets and forward estimates from the past to see whether Gladys circumvented the process or not
She said she did. Just told Perrotet to add it in to some budget. Or was it just an announcement. Fully understand the need and benefits of planning. But as you know change one variable or lower a Threshold (judgemental / political decision) and a company or government can justify any outcome you want (and are prepared to defend)

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
ScoMo leaking texts between he and Marcon will certainly cement Morrison's reputation with all the other world leaders.

I didn't think it would be possible, but it feels like Morrison has now proven to be a worse PM than Abbott.

Reactions: 5 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
She said she did. Just told Perrotet to add it in to some budget. Or was it just an announcement. Fully understand the need and benefits of planning. But as you know change one variable or lower a Threshold (judgemental / political decision) and a company or government can justify any outcome you want (and are prepared to defend)
I get all that 22 but my point is that if $170 million was just added then it would be easy to see because it wouldn’t be in the budget papers the year before. If that happened it has been politically fast tracked

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
ScoMo leaking texts between he and Marcon will certainly cement Morrison's reputation with all the other world leaders.

I didn't think it would be possible, but it feels like Morrison has now proven to be a worse PM than Abbott.
leaking 'selected' texts... makes him more of a self-serving idiot ..

seriously, he's the village idiot of Australia (who happens to be the PM) ..

MB78

Sep 8, 2009
ScoMo will say anything and do anything for short term political advantage. Wreck Australia's reputation? No problem if it helps with getting votes.

He is a complete embarrassment at Glasgow and the way they f*cked up the submarine business is coming back to bite him.

I can only hope that enough voters see ScoMo for the self serving and incompetent idiot that he is.

DS
Would you have kept that contract?

MB78

Sep 8, 2009
I agree Scott Morrison is a fool. But keeping that contract would have made him a complete fool. The French have screwed us over. Look at what they given us for our billions.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Would you have kept that contract?

The pile on isn't for breaking the contract. The pile on is for not letting the French know and letting them hear about it during the announcement.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
What's stood out in the Gladys hearing is that politicians, and media following politics, have decided that there is nothing wrong with pork barreling, everyone does it, everyone should expect it.